Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

How I eat my words....

While looking at my 30th Hikaru 1-S with the reissued Super Packs - I had one of those thoughts.

"What if someday this breaks or a scratch happens or it turns yellow and I won't be able to get one because so many years have passed and nobody will know what Macross even is by then and nobody will have any of these toys in the whole world and I will have to search the globe all over to find them like it used to be when I tried collecting toys before the internet was around and if I do find one, just one, it might not be in good shape or it might be broken or it might be yellow and even if it is ok maybe it will be too much, it might be like $2,000 and I'll never ever have one like this ever again."

So I pre-ordered and paid for the Special Movie Verson Hirkaru 1-S

Don't worry, by that time you and everybody else will have 3D printers at home :p

I wasn't going to post any pics in protest of the lack-of.

But someone has to at least try!

It's definitely white..

J0x777I.jpg

cP4nXKV.jpg

But, I do love the box art on the side. Line the team up and you

Have a rainbow in the dark effect, minimalist.

I can dig it...

HarCuEV.jpg

I have to say, this Arcadia 1S is/was tighter then my Yammy 2.2 VF1S, and 2.1 VF1S.

Which both were new. This is tight, but the leg detachment to the shoulders isn't scary tight now.

It's way nicer carefree transformation then the previous offerings I have held in my hand.

I'm glad I PO'd the Hikky now!

I wasn't going to post any pics in protest of the lack-of.

But someone has to at least try!

It's definitely white..

But, I do love the box art on the side. Line the team up and you

Have a rainbow in the dark effect, minimalist.

I can dig it...

I have to say, this Arcadia 1S is/was tighter then my Yammy 2.2 VF1S, and 2.1 VF1S.

Which both were new. This is tight, but the leg detachment to the shoulders isn't scary tight now.

It's way nicer carefree transformation then the previous offerings I have held in my hand.

I'm glad I PO'd the Hikky now!

Great pics - he looks excellent! Glad to finally see something positive in this thread :)

I guess the real proof how these new DYRL valks will be is with the Hikaru 1S though. We've all seen this scheme in both bright white and the darker shade. We've never seen the Hikaru in a bright white (not that a red stripe on bright white is some sort of difficult thing to imagine.)

I don't think it comes with the TV hands though, unless I'm mistaken.

yeah DYRL hands should be different. Also the deco is different slightly, most notably the arrow on the head, but if you aren't OCD i'd argue its a great stand in if you don't have a TV roy, don't want to pay aftermarket AND don't want to wait. :-)

Those of you that have this and have taken out the stand, have you noticed that it's almost impossible to get the storage lids off once they're on? The lids for the compartments are seperate and fit flush and tightly with the rest of the base. There aren't any recesses or anywhere to get a grip on them to pull them off, at least none that I've noticed.

Those of you that have this and have taken out the stand, have you noticed that it's almost impossible to get the storage lids off once they're on? The lids for the compartments are seperate and fit flush and tightly with the rest of the base. There aren't any recesses or anywhere to get a grip on them to pull them off, at least none that I've noticed.

On the bright side, I guess you can never loose parts and know precisely where they are at at all times! ^_^

Never liked or understood the DYRL pilot in the "I'm white knuckling the dashboard pose".

Guess they were trying to place the hands in a position relative to the flight controls of the DYRL VF-1 cockpit.....

vf-1-dyrl-cockpit2.gif

Which is different from the VF-1 cockpit from the TV series....which explains the TV version pilot figurine....

vf-1-tv-cockpitexterior2.gif

There's nipples ( giggidy ) on the covers that you have to make sure are facing up.

You just pull up on those. Mine aren't that tight.

Yeah, those nubs were the first thing I tried but my lids are so tight (I can hold the base upside down and shake it and they don't come off) and those nubs are so tiny and rounded that I can't get a grip on them. I'll probably just cut a little recess on the side of each lid or something.