Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

They are on ALL V-2 DYRL VF-1's. The only V-2 VF-1's that didn't have the ejection symbol are the TV VF-1's although the TV 1-S and 1-ACF have them. I just think its an iconic symbol of the VF-1 that should be Tampo'd just like the Jet Intake Symbol.

Edited by sreichma

I'm really not a sticker guy and leave the stickers on the sheets, so weird they would leave a tampo detail out. I think one of the only reasons I was pushed over was the stand and the extra parts for battroid mode. Hrmm I better decide if I want to keep the pre-order one these, as I already have 2x of the DYRL VF-1S Roy. I guess I could leave this one in battroid mode and put my original roy back into fighter mode which has the rainbow canopy that I was fond of. Freaking decisions lol.

Heh, I was wondering about the water-slide decal rumor too. The linked pictures are a lower resolution and do not allow one to scrutinize the small stuff. Anyway, I'll keep my preorders and wait and see if there is more "sobering" news. I would hate to see Arcadia trip over something so iconic as the VF-1 this early in the game.

But, then, there are apologies already and that is concerning. It's also making me nervous about the state of the new YF-19.

I wouldn't go as far as worrying about the YF-19, but yeah it is strange move on Arcadia's part. I would think by now they would realize how picky we Macross toy collectors are and would not go backwards in terms of the tampo printing. Plus I have dupes already that include the missing details.

I was really undecided about grabbing another VF-1S, I have 2 x DYRL and 2 x TV versions. Having said that I was thinking of grabbing one of the new releases BUT I don't think I will spend the money if there is less tampo applied.

I love what other members here are able to do with weathering, and adding additional decals. Truth is I don't have the skill or the time, so less tampo from the start is a negative for me.

Once it's released, I will see what the reviews say.

umm...I'm gonna keep the faith, bummed that all the additional tampo may not be, but I don't think the ejection seat warning triangle is not tampoed, it's seen in all the previews shots of the Roy and Hikaru VF-1S. I'll just add that in the last shot showing the display stand, the same markings are seen in the Roy VF-1S, tampo or not, they're the same extra tampo that Yamato experimented on the VF-1J CF.

Too bad Arcadia or MrK are not being entirely clear on this yet. Probably too focused on the YF-19.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I'm not bothered by it. I prefer that the major markings like the skull and kites are all there. I'd rather they leave off the small stuff like the "No Step" markings since I don't like them anyway. If they have the "Beware of Blast" or Ejection markings then good but it's not a deal breaker for me. This is all just personal preference.

Guest davidwhangchoi

umm...I'm gonna keep the faith, bummed that all the additional tampo may not be, but I don't think the ejection seat warning triangle is not tampoed, it's seen in all the previews shots of the Roy and Hikaru VF-1S. I'll just add that in the last shot showing the display stand, the same markings are seen in the Roy VF-1S, tampo or not, they're the same extra tampo that Yamato experimented on the VF-1J CF.

Too bad Arcadia or MrK are not being entirely clear on this yet. Probably too focused on the YF-19.

take a look at the last photo on the bottom of the page,

there are two vf-1s roy valks side by side, one is stickered (to the right) one is panelined in brown that has not been stickered/less stickered (to the left)

look carefully where the inverted triangle placements are on both valks (seichma's avatar, danger ejection seat).

then click on every photo that is brown panel lined vs. the non panel lined and look at the placement of the inverted triangle

i think you should be able to come to a conclusion that somethings off...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

And it could be anything. I mean, Arcadia might be tweaking things right up until the day of manufacturing. Looking at the version fully loaded with stickers, the ejection seat triangle seems to have better placement than the other "stickerless" version. I'm not sure what to infer from that, or if I should be infering anything negative from the photographs.

Anyway, I'm with Scyla. This will be my first V2 VF-1 and I'm really looking forward to getting the optional parts.

Guest davidwhangchoi

to sum it up, it just means the inverted triangle is not tampo'd on like Mr. K said it wouldn't.

if you want to get more in depth... valk addict was not wrong in his observations of seeing the tampo on the one of the vf-1s valks demo'd on the display stand. so there could be some confusion... going by the pictures...

what's to conclude? there are two versions on display with the stand. the arcadia and older yamato version.

the new bird is the one just freshly decal-ed as noted in the review by Mr. K... without the inverted triangle tampo'd the other bird panel lined with brown that has no stickers has the inverted triangle is the older yamato version...

what's to conclude? there are two versions on display with the stand. the arcadia and older yamato version.

David, I thought the fact that one of those Roy VF-1S Valks was a Yamato and the other was an Arcadia was obvious, no?

I am not confused by this, and I'm not sure how that idea popped up. I am interested in the change and concerned because of the reactions that we have already seen in this thread alone (and how similar changes might affect other releases). Personally, I think Arcadia could do better by making their VF-1 releases stand apart from the Yamato ones, and reducing the Tampo printing doesn't seem to be a popular decision at the higher price point (using Macross World as a small sample). I have no idea how this news is being received by fans in Japan. That would be an interesting metric, actually.

However, as I have stated multiple times, it doesn't affect my puirchasing decision. I'm okay with applying stickers/decals or leaving the toy as is. I also want to see Arcadia succeed so that more toys like this one are produced. I hope this helps to clarify my point of view. ;)

Edited by technoblue

-snip- it doesn't affect my puirchasing decision. I'm okay with applying stickers/decals or leaving the toy as is. I also want to see Arcadia succeed so that more toys like this one are produced. I hope this helps to clarify my point of view. ;)

Pretty much this. I agree. This doesn't affect my decision on a purchase as well as stickers and decals can be applied, no problem.

We need to support them so that they don't turn into another Yamato. Like I said, hopefully they'll review their decisions on what to tampo in future releases.

Guest davidwhangchoi

And it could be anything. I mean, I'm not sure what to infer from that, or if I should be infering anything negative from the photographs.

This will be my first V2 VF-1

David, I thought the fact that one of those Roy VF-1S Valks was a Yamato and the other was an Arcadia was obvious, no?

I am not confused by this,

I hope this helps to clarify my point of view. ;)

Hey technoblue, i was actually replying to valk addict. but since you commented i was replying to help you understand what i was saying to valk addict,

since this will be your first version 2 vf-1, you may not be aware of the nuances i was pointing to. which is totally okay.

no. it is not obvious. there is no way for the majority to know that was a yamato(or technically Mr. K's arcadia office prototype) and an arcadia commercial sample of one that's already been mass printed and ready to ship :) (if you found this as obvious, please share how you knew) as in the article Mr. K is representing in the review both as the same valk. (which is clearly not the case)

and since you mentioned you never owned a v/2 vf-1 there would be no way to tell the two apart.

valk addict has both vf-1s and have posted up many photos so he knows it back and forth the tampo placement and pointed it out accurately. so he concluded they might tampo it bc he's seen it on the initial arcadia prototype photos and in one of the latest batch of photos. so he would like to take a wait and see approach about the tampo and that's when i responded what you see in the posts above.

anyways i also think you are very friendly and responsive so no harm done and hope that helps!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Mind you, I am speaking only of the recent photo shoot with the two VF-1S toys together, and I cannot speak for anyone else. For me, the two toys look different on two counts:

• The cockpit in the Yamato sample looks like it has a different shade.
  • The ejection seat triangle is closer to the instrument panel, rather than being closer to the seat.

Here is a cell photo of my own VF-1S Roy (I now know that this is v2.0). It has the rainbow canopy and the original locking mechanism in the nose-cone area for battroid mode. It is not weathered and I have not applied any of the Yamato stickers, either. I think, in spite of the weathering (and the hidden mechanical differences), my VF-1S is a match for the stickerless Yamato v2 that Mr. K is using to compare with the new Arcadia VF-1S.

post-5492-0-55444400-1383523797_thumb.png

But this is just a personal opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact. To me, I think it is obvious. And I thought it was obvious to you too. I apologize for misunderstanding because I'm not trying to flame or contradict you. These are just details that jumped out at me upon looking at the linked photographs. I thought that Arcadia had updated the Tampo to be more accurate. Until reading your translation of the notes and getting the correction, I thought that was a perfectly reasonable explanation for the differences. I also thought that was what Valkyrie addict was getting at...

Edited by technoblue

Guest davidwhangchoi

edite: that's not a version 1(that you're describing, rainbow canopy), and besides the tampo placement, there's no difference between the two. the canopy is identical with both. (neither are tinted, that's not a sign it's a yamato or not) ahh never mind about the rest... the point is i was responding to valk addict...

if you want to learn more about the different revisions to tell them apart from each other v2.0-2.2

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4599

ok, back on topic:

i would like to see if Mr. K just forgot that tampo (like he thought it was a TV valks) and hope he will put it back on the hikaru vf-1s in december.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

LoL! No harm done. I realize now that the terminology was running away from me. I was misreading version 1 as version 2.0, which is what I have. And because of that misunderstanding, I was then misreading version 2 as version 2.2, which is what I thought everyone was talking about. I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not misrepresenting anything or trying to lie about something that I have no way of getting any detailed information about outside of this forum. For me, this is just fun. As soon as it isn't fun, I'm going to stop.

So I guess I was getting confused about something. LoL! Anyway, I'm happy to share the picture of my Yamato VF-1S and to get all that clarity out there.

I also agree with you about the Hikaru release. I understand that Roy's Valkyrie is popular, so if any fixes arrive down the line, then another release of Roy might have them too.

Edited by technoblue

Oh, definitely! B))

The Arcadia version will go into battroid mode with optional parts and I will continue to display the Yamato version in fighter mode. I haven't decided if I will keep the Yamato one bare (as pictured) or attach the Super Parts that came with it. Anyway, I'm excited to have both.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You're right David, I posted before seeing the pictures with the two VF-1S, the Arcadia one is definitely all decaled up and the ejection seat triangle is in a different position. :wacko: I don't like it.

Still keeping my preorder tough.

thanks Valk addict (i love your vf-1s red tip missile mod photos btw)

if arcadia, is gauging sales of future re- releases of vf-1 based on this and the hikaru vf-1s, i think they better have low expectations with the made to order numbers because everyone has already got one several time over, (i had strike and 30th w/ option parts, roy tv, and roy tv w/ options myself) and i don't see these being a high number reservation esp w all the bandai stuff and the 19 high costs coming up ...

i still want a max vf-s (i sold mine and regretting it)

Edited by davidwhangchoi