I love Ben's Batsuit, the Dark Knight Returns look really does it for me, it instantly kind of indicates to me we're probably going to see an older more experienced Batman, who's probably going to trash Supes for his super tragic fight in Metropolis that killed at least thousands. At this point, I want to see Gal as Wonder Woman, and whoever the guy they cast for Cyborg in his Cyborg costume, a new Superman costume peak would be cool, but I want to see the other Justice League members that are in this.

Yep, this looks like it could be the BEST Batman suit since the first one Burton did. The organic look, that later Burton dropped on Returns, makes better for a near supernatural night demon that hunts criminals.

The Nolan trilogy concentrated too much on it being “realistic” to fight the campy Schumacher Batman and forgot the most important part:

Batman dresses up like a bat TO SCARE THE LIVING crap OUT OF CRIMINALS, not to have them look as his cool military armor painted black + cape and ears.

Bat-suit looks horrible, they trying to make it look like graphic novel Dark Knight or something. And what is up with always having tiny ears on the cowl for batman nowadays. Meh <_<

As for vehicles, I can only hope we move away from the ugly, brutish and aesthetically non-descriptive ones from the Nolan movies.

If not, then I hope Superman smashes the damn thing to pieces in the first few seconds :D

Edited by lechuck

This is the best looking suit so far. Hopefully they will redo superman's costume as well. My only gripe is that they should include the spikes on the forearms.

Hopefully they will redo superman's costume as well.

I just want them to add a distinguishable belt to that suit. Otherwise, I had no problem with it.

My only gripe is that they should include the spikes on the forearms.

They're there. Kinda hard to see in the original pic but the brightened pics around the 'Net show them. I wish they added some armor to the gloves. Doesn't have to be big like the Arkham Asylum/City suit but I would like to see some armored plates on the forearms.

(spoiler'd for size)

batbig.jpg

Still meh, the Bat Suit looks too much like Superman's underwear suit. I really like the direction that Nolan and the Arkham video games took Batman, in that function > form.

I'm also curious to see the other Justice League members and how they'll appear. It's too bad DC didn't release, in order;

Man of Steel

Batman

Wonder Woman

Justice League

Instead of making the Man of Steel sequel a pseudo-Justice League prequel.

-b.

Given the difficulty DC is having getting this one filmed, I think they are taking the best approach.

Thanks for sharing the pic. I liked the Nolan suit as well, but this one finally screams Batman.

Given the difficulty DC is having getting this one filmed, I think they are taking the best approach.

Thanks for sharing the pic. I liked the Nolan suit as well, but this one finally screams Batman.

You're probably right, and honestly the folks at DC/Warner Bros. are getting their asses handed to them by Marvel/Disney with regards to movies.

I was in a comic book store yesterday and heard some guys talking about how DC is doing well with TV (no comment, I like Marvel's AoS but I don't watch Arrow and didn't care for Smallville) and not so much cinema and this is probably the best approach for them to try and make up some ground.

And costume, story, etc. b!tching aside, I do hope this movie is good - if for nothing else to have some variety and not just Marvel, Marvel, Marvel.

-b.

I would agree with those guys you overheard. Arrow is very good. It has nothing to do with, nor is anything like Smallville. It's first spin-off, The Flash, will be premiering later this year too.

Unfortunately, I don't think either of these shows will be in the same continuity as the movies though. It's a shame.

Chris

I like the Batsuit I just hope it has a better story/screenplay and MOS and does not venture into trashing a characters whole legacy like MOS did(for me at least).

You forget Superman has to compete with Anti-hero's like "Walter White," "Wolverine," and "Dexter".

You forget Superman has to compete with Anti-hero's like "Walter White," "Wolverine," and "Dexter".

Not at all, Superman only has to compete with Captain America from a "moral" stand-point. Batman can be the anti-hero or even some other random DC character.

-b.

The title is trying to be too many things at once. Then again, so is DC.

Yeah, but DC has resigned itself to taking the shorter path to "catch" up with Marvel in the cinematic space. They don't have much of a choice if there won't be any other lead-in movies to their ensemble superhero flick.

*edit - I guess they could've called this Batman AND Superman: Dawn of Justice or Superman AND Batman: Dawn of Justice, but folks seem to like the versus aspect so here we are.

Or they could've been patient and just built up to the J.L. movie, but that dead horse has been beaten enough.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Stupid name.

I'm so sick of the overwrought Nolan batman though.. I'm ready for something a bit more comic bookie and less "real life" tactical.

Seems like they are ripping of the Dark Knight Returns pretty heavily. How many times can that vein be mined? haha

I'm just happy I'll finally get a decent 1/6th Hot Toys Dark Knight returns... even if it has Ben Afflecks lower face *shudder*

Edited by Gakken85

Stupid name.

I'm so sick of the overwrought Nolan batman though.. I'm ready for something a bit more comic bookie and less "real life" tactical.

Seems like they are ripping of the Dark Knight Returns pretty heavily. How many times can that vein be mined? haha

I'm just happy I'll finally get a decent 1/6th Hot Toys Dark Knight returns... even if it has Ben Afflecks lower face *shudder*

100% agree. The sad thing is it's still Zack Snyder. But yeah... the Hot Toys Batfleck might end up the one I get.

Sorry folks, there's profit to be had!

Interestingly enough, out of the top 10 films with the biggest ever opening weekends, 5 of them have been comic book-based. Who'd a thunk it, eh?

While it could be said that the Christopher Reeve Superman movies proved comics-films could be viable and successful, it could also be pointed out that Burton's Batman took the genre to the next level, made them hot property, and tapped into the mega marketing. Love it or hate it, Burton's Batman made the character "cool" again, and for audiences at large outside of comic fandom. It arguably brought ol' Bats back from the brink of obscurity.

I liked the Burton-era versions of the costume and its functionality as protective armor, while still intimidating to criminals. Definitely preferred those to all the underwear-on-the-outside incarnations, anyways....