Hey, I saw the first two sequels in theaters and I'm not stupid! Besides, they so-so as far as US movie revenue, most of that money was from other countries. There is a reason Hollywood rarely aims for strictly the US and barely acknowledge domestic audiences.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

The only thing worse than reboots are changing of actors.

Also Ben Affleck? A serious actor? Wha?

He made two movies that Hollywood elites got

Boners for and gave him some award. Those two movies

Didn't actually set any records for sales. It's just typical overhyped

Insider elitism that is normal Hollywood.

The guy is a great cameo actor, but fails as a leading

Role, he can't be taken seriously enough to be a crime fighting

Veteran with scars deeper than most villains.

He's never played a dark role, and Batman is truly a dark

Character, to him justice, he will not.

This isn't fan boy talking, it's someone looking at simple dynamics.

If you're going to change a characters known actor, he has to be

Better than the latter. Bale has proven himself in every role, serious, dark

Intrigue, everything you name it. Affleck? Jay and Silent Bob? Armageddon?

Rain deer games?

No bro,

Among the "most anticipated" list at imdb are:

Untitled Batman Reboot (????) - oh, for the love of Christ and his uncle Pete. When will Hollywood give this reboot bullsh*t a rest?

Well, in the comics industry, characters are rebooted and artists changed in mid-series since day one, so this is what to expect when comics and movies merge into mainstream entertainment.

Could be another case of potential actor-overexposure. You know, kinda like the way Samuel L. Jackson ended up in movies with seemingly schlocked together scenes just so he could go "mother fu**er!" in booming tones. Gonna end up typecasting the poor guy.

Ben Affleck as Batman doesn't sound that ridiculous to me. These don't either.

The-Campaign-To-Cast-Donald-Glover-As-Sp

CeraShaft.png

He needs a to have a good playboy millionaire facade, a terrorizing raspy voice while wearing a costume, and be able to do a believable badass when beating up thugs and maybe Superman for the role. I think he's done a lot of that during his career already.

Edited by Einherjar

It's relevant because DC sucks.

They destined for failure, whether its shitacular

movies or giving Mattel toy licenses.

The ONLY reason why the Nolan trilogy did well is because

DC stayed away.

Well, yes. I'd argue that The Dark Knight is the only truly excellent film out if the bunch, but that's not really relevant to the discussion.

It's relevant because DC sucks.

They destined for failure, whether its shitacular

movies or giving Mattel toy licenses.

The ONLY reason why the Nolan trilogy did well is because

DC stayed away.

Doesn't Chris Nolan run the DC Movieverse? Besides the problem was never DC it was the Warner execs who absolutely had no idea (or even cared) who these character were and what they were about. Example: Geoff Johns had to explain to a WB exec that the Green Lantern they were making Gay was not THE Green Lantern but A Green Lantern (the original one)...

Fan rage = mostly boring :rolleyes:

They rant, and rage, and fuss, and whine, and make pronouncements of doom and promote their "wisdom" on everything that Hollywood does wrong and how they would fix it. A few come up with some truly hilarious bits, most not so much, and few spectacularly stupid moments. The film will be made, it will be good or bad, and life will go on.

I've been a Batman fan longer than some of these fans have been alive, and I'll still say if there are things in life that merit this kind of ire and negativity, Batman movie casting is not one of them.

Love the Adam West peition... predictable, but fun nonetheless. That original Batman movie is still one of my favourites. :lol:

And Affleck? He's a reasonably skilled actor who got overexposed and has made a decent comeback. He's as good a choice as any, IMHO.

"Comic" movie fans will watch anything these days.

Any major leading man in Hollywood could play Batman, and they'll slap it on screen to make a buck. That doesn't mean it's a good idea or it will make a great movie.

Not a fake just not official movie material most likely. I don't really see the huge difference between this and the last costume. It's just a black suit with too many lines. I'd rather they'd go sleeker and minimize all the cuts. I think they should go CG with the neck if they can't figure out how to move his head around. And maybe break up the color and go with a dark gray body with the big black symbol on the chest. All black is starting to get boring.