The two characters out match each other in different ways. Supes outmatches Bats in strength unless Bats uses Kyrptonite. Bats outmatches Supes in brains, hands down. If this is to be a vs movie, and that is stupid it should follow that storyline from the animated series that brought the two animated series together. Wayne Corp moves to merge/ally with Lex Corp and expand into metropolis, drawing the Ire of Supes when Bruce Wayne horns in on Lois Lane. Wacky hijinks ensue and the pair eventually team up to bring down Lex and any Gotham baddies he brings in to take down Supes. Biggest problem there, MoS did not introduce Luthor as a villian. So then this movie will have to. Next problem, which Bats are we dealing with, a new Batman, in which case they have to retell his origin, or are they going to continue the Nolan verse and use a suddenly resurrected publicly Bruce Wayne, or his successor Robin? I like JGL as much as the next guy, but I can't really see him in the bat suit against Cavils Superman as well as I could see Bale. We will see however.

I think the scale is mismatched if you've only seen the movie versions of these characters. But in the more well written books, Bruce Wayne is smart enough to draw Superman into his ground when he needs to. He smart enough to know that he can't beat Superman, so he either doesn't screw with him but as a last resort he'll bring Clark to a place and situation where he can never win. Luthor works the same way. If Luthor can be a formidable foe, then why can't Bruce? He knows more about Superman than Lex.

In a world without Superman, if a Kryptonian ever attacks the Earth, Bruce will be the one that takes him down.... even if he has to use or sacrifice the whole Justice League to do it.

On the other hand, Superman knows exactly what Batman is doing and he'll try to beat Bruce without hurting him... The most predictable outcome from these fights is that Bruce is always right and Superman has to calm down and they end up teaming up, just like every other Superhero team ups.

I think the best one is Dark Knight Returns where Bruce finally does defeat Superman (with the help of Green Arrow). But also check out World's Finest: Batman/Superman Movie. It's a Paul Dini written animated movie. The beginning is fun when both Batman and Superman are trying to figure each other out. (that's the one knight26 is talking about)

On the other hand, Superman knows exactly what Batman is doing and he'll try to beat Bruce without hurting him... The most predictable outcome from these fights is that Bruce is always right and Superman has to calm down and they end up teaming up, just like every other Superhero team ups.

I think the best one is Dark Knight Returns where Bruce finally does defeat Superman (with the help of Green Arrow). But also check out World's Finest: Batman/Superman Movie. It's a Paul Dini written animated movie. The beginning is fun when both Batman and Superman are trying to figure each other out. (that's the one knight26 is talking about)

I think Batman/Superman Adventures: World's Finest would probably the best piece to look at. And we really don't need to establish Batman as much if this is going to be more Man of Steel 2 as oppose to World's Finest or Batman vs. Superman. They can use the fight mechanics of The Dark Knight Returns to portray how Batman could fight Superman. And really, there have been lots of comic and cartoon portrayals of how Batman would fight Superman and it basically comes down to Batman having to outwit, outmaneuver, and misdirect Superman. One of the best things to do if they use Batman/Superman Adventures: World's Finest as a guide is they introduce Lex Luthor. But there are tons of other stories they can draw upon to introduce Lex Luthor together with Batman. Man of Steel leaves that door open since they practically leveled a city.

Ok, so using WF as the template and followin MoS, Lex Corp and Wayne Ind are the two main contractors rebuilding metropolis in the wake of the devestation wrought in MoS. The Batman follows as some Gotham badies have started to move in on Metropolis, taking advantage of the rebuilding effort. Lex hires some of the badies to hamper Wayne's efforts and take out Superman, seeing him as a threat to his rise to power and possibly to Earth as a whole. This casts Lex in a gray light, he wants what is best for him Supes finds out about Batman and oppossing his methods confronts him. Batman is prepared though and they have themselves a nice little brawl where Batman leads the fight into Lex Corp territory, making a mess of things there. The two then have to face down the big bad from Gotham, and get out of him/her that Lex hired them, but there is no proof. They take down the big bad and confront Lex, but with no evidence have to leave him in place, or have a "boss battle" with Lex in some kind of power armor. The movie then ends with Batman checking his computer and checking off ways to take down Superman as methods that might or might not work. There are several other files on his computer as well: Wonder Woman/Diana Prince, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, the Flash/Wally West, etc...

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies would be an interesting take, especially the massive economic turmoil leading to Lex getting elected, that would fit nicely with the desctruction of Metro.

I had two ideas though how to bring the Nolan'verse Batman into this movie though.

1: Bruce Wayne comes out of hiding. (assuming Bale and Hathaway will sign on). BW comes out of hiding following the destruction of Metra at the behest of his now dead friend and butler Alfred. He explains that Bane kidnapped and sent him away during the DKR and Alfred tracked him down and freed him. He was then nursed back to health by Alfred and his wife Selena Kyle-Wayne. BW is always seen with a cane due to his injuries, these are the injuries he actually sustained, and his batsuit has reinforced areas to help him fight. However a batman has been seen in gotham, this is Robin. The rest proceeds as I described before, and Selena joins in, or acts as "Oracle" helping out by giving batman intel. At the end BW meets back up with Robin who gives him a data packet on Hal Jodran, explaining what he witnessed while studying him. They add this to the files on other JL members they have been collecting.

2: Robin comes to Metro. (assuming Bale and Hathaway won't come back but might do cameos). Robin comes to metro to set up another home for lost boys in metropolis. The whole time he is getting intel from "oracle" on how to fight superman and to watch out for Lex. Wayne Ent is led by Lucius Fox, and he still provides equipment to robin/batman. At the end Bale can make a cameo revealing himself to be Oracle, or Selena to be the voice of Oracle as he gathers intel on all of the super powereds out there.

I like your 2nd idea Knight26.

I really hope that's what they go with.

It would be a great Bat intro to MOS2.

Except I 'd love to see both Wayne & Selena to directly train Robin/Batman Beyond.

(But prob too much side story for 2hr movie,perhaps Batman4 LOL)

Edited by troyness

I was pretty hyped for this until I heard Zack Snyder's been talking to FRANK MILLER..I was like ugh..The one guy that believes Superman & Batman would never be friends or at least allies and you gonna seek his advice? Don't get me wrong I liked The Dark Knight Returns but only as an alternate reality tale but not to shape the new DC Cinematic Universe.

I was pretty hyped for this until I heard Zack Snyder's been talking to FRANK MILLER..I was like ugh..The one guy that believes Superman & Batman would never be friends or at least allies and you gonna seek his advice? Don't get me wrong I liked The Dark Knight Returns but only as an alternate reality tale but not to shape the new DC Cinematic Universe.

Agreed... why doesn't anyone talk to Alex Ross? He's a great artist but he also understands the universe that these superheroes live in. Zack Snyder talking to Frank Miller is all just for hype, which is all his movies are.

I think we can all agree there is a legion of directors out there who are far more talented than Snyder. Take your pick.

That's not what I asked. Who would you suggest out of the "legion"?

Whoever has a passion for it. Start doing interviews, see who does. and get back to me.

Oh, I see how this works. OK, I'll say "Nolan", what do you say to that?

• 2 weeks later...

Come one guys, let's see what happens. You never know. Affleck has certainly matured nicely as a performer. I do remember when a lot of people were unhappy with the casting of Bale. And remember the outcry when the smirking Chris Evans was cast as Captain America? And he totally owned the role - my favourite Marvel casting actually. Acting - it's amazing what a good actor can do!

Ben Affleck is the new Batman.

Ugh.

Come one guys, let's see what happens.

I think you have us mistaken for another forum.

remember the outcry when the smirking Chris Evans was cast as Captain America?

Not really. Was that a thing? I never had a problem with Chris Evans. On the other hand, I've never liked Ben Affleck.

Ugh.

I think you have us mistaken for another forum.

Not really. Was that a thing? I never had a problem with Chris Evans. On the other hand, I've never liked Ben Affleck.

I like Ben Affleck as a director, he really should stick to doing that. Personally I think they should have brought back Michael Keaton.

I thought Affleck didn't want to do superhero movies anymore. I know there was talk of him directing Justice League, but Bats?

-How does Affleck look in a Armani suit? Cuz Bale kinda knocked it out of the park with that look in the last set of films. Bruce Wayne is, ya know... a business man of one of the most powerful companies in the DC Universe.

-No Bat-nipples. Please make it look something like armor. Despite Nolan's liberties on the last 2 films, at least he got the idea that Batman needs armor, not a rubber suit with nipples and a smooth ass.

-How's his Bat-voice? Can he make his Bruce Wayne-voice feel different from his Bat-voice? I'm not talking Bale-throat-cancer-voice but you know, he's got to make the 2 personas sound really different.

-Someone give him a cowl and let's see his Bat-glare.

I know Kevin Smith does a podcast. Can someone post that episode when he starts yapping about his bud playing Batman. I feel like torturing myself when he starts talking out of his ass.

Seriously, I know things have been good for him lately but...Batman?

Can't wait till HISHE, ScreenRant and a few other YT channels put up their vids.