Lol, well I have never been a fan of superman. And by that I meant that I'm always cheering for the villains to get rid of that mass murdering seemingly indestructible emo alien. So...hopefully batman kicks his ass?

I see a Batman/Superman movie as a cool idea but wouldn't it make more sense to do a new movie establishing the new Batman before doing the team up? DC/Warner can't seem to do these things right like Marvel Studios. Also they've finally got a Superman franchise going. Why not expand his mythos beyond the Kyrptonain villians and introduce Braniac, A real Lex Luthor (rather than a land shark) etc before falling back on a stunt move.

I see a Batman/Superman movie as a cool idea but wouldn't it make more sense to do a new movie establishing the new Batman before doing the team up? DC/Warner can't seem to do these things right like Marvel Studios. Also they've finally got a Superman franchise going. Why not expand his mythos beyond the Kyrptonain villians and introduce Braniac, A real Lex Luthor (rather than a land shark) etc before falling back on a stunt move.

Your post answers its own question: they're aiming to do a Super/Bat-man movie because they see how successful and how "right" Marvel Studios has been with their movies, especially with the Avengers, therefore DC is in catch-up mode. DC sees that a cross-over venture like Avengers is guaranteed income with supporting films such as Thor 2, Iron man 3, etc. Since DC's late to the party, they'll just go right to the character team-ups without making any independent hero films first, although that may come afterwards...

I also think we do not need another batman origin movie. We would waste an hour waiting for him to finally put on the suit. I liked tdkt but no more Bale voice please, even for the new guy.

From the looks of the cast it seems more of a MOS sequel and bats will be invading.

I think it will be hard to put the two together without first having a new Batman (movie) within the new Superman universe like what Marvel is doing. Maybe just a sequel to MOS that introduces Bruce Wayne before he becomes Batman? Not sure if that would work though. What's the age difference between the two anyways?

And I personally wouldn't want yet ANOTHER Batman reboot so soon after Nolan's 3.

I also think we do not need another batman origin movie. We would waste an hour waiting for him to finally put on the suit.

And I personally wouldn't want yet ANOTHER Batman reboot so soon after Nolan's 3.

Which is probably why they are just jumping to Batman/Superman. It's not like we have a generation that didn't see The Dark Knight Trilogy or doesn't know how Batman started.

I liked tdkt but no more Bale voice please, even for the new guy.

The best Bale-Batman voice was in Batman Begins. After that, it sounded like someone had serious throat cancer. As long as they don't go beyond that voice, I'll be happy.

Well i dont think the a new batman movie has to retell the orgin yet again, just setup the new actor with the new premise/take on this interpretation of batman. Hopefully a more super-heroic take and less uber realistic take the nolan movies had. I'm thinking a Batman more like how grant morrison wrote in his JLA series from the mid 90s.

Well i dont think the a new batman movie has to retell the orgin yet again, just setup the new actor with the new premise/take on this interpretation of batman. Hopefully a more super-heroic take and less uber realistic take the nolan movies had. .

Yeah sure, we can do that......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORe8MTVEndY

From David S. Goyer: "Were actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, its - that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and thats happening."

From David S. Goyer: "Were actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, its - that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and thats happening."

Rematch? Did they do a straight to video live action movie with them fighting already that we missed? lol

I have not seen MOS yet....at this point I probably will wait for BD......but I have a question about it.....in the movie does Clark Kent become "Superman" as a result of General Zod's arrival to Earth or was he already "out of the closet" doing things in the world and known as "Superman" to the world?

If he was "outed" due to the arrival of Zod.....why couldn't all "current" DC "universes" as envisoned in each of the separate DC character movies...just be "forced" to "fit in" to the "universe" that has resulted from "MOS"?

Surely, every city in the world...including Gotham.....would have to adjust to the revelation of the existence of "Hostile Alien Lifeforms" that has now become a real threat to the planet.....so basically the entire DK Trilogy could have happened before the battle between Superman and Zod......

I do not remember if the events in Green Lantern were local or if they were "world-wide"....but if they were just concentrated in one city.....the events could be "blocked" from the world....like the ASS-1 crashing on South Ataria....

If that were so, then I would place the events in GL as occurring just before the events in MOS.......with the Earth via some DC version of "SHIELD" in contact with Green Lantern (he is military already?) just as Zod arrives and Superman is revealed to the world......In this scenario, Batman is known to the world, but most "officials" consider him a vigilante/threat outside of Gotham City.....only his "self-less" act at the end of DKR has "elevated" his status to being a "good guy" or "SUPER HERO"......

As I have said before, my knowledge of DC comic lore is limited (is there even a DC version of SHIELD?), but from the Miller series....Batman does not like Superman all that much......and that is what makes any movie involving both Superman and Batman interesting.....however, that animosity needs to be explained not just jumped into.....unless the film is an adaptation of the Miller graphic novel set in the future....I can only hope for the best....

In short, a VS. type movie will probably not work.....a movie involving both Superman and Batman basically should be about the "origin" of the DC version of SHIELD and be driven by the intergalactic threats revealed through the events of MOS.........I mean how the heck can you ignore that???.............In this scenario....I would have preferred GL as the driving force behind wanting to put together a "team"....with Superman being the second to join...and Batman only joining after some "ALIEN" threat nearly decimates Gotham.......the end of the movie would showcase other "super heroes" coming out of the woodwork (pick your favorites)....plus other "villians" and new planetary threats (again pick your favorites).....

OK...end of rant! :p

@ jvmacross

He got his suit before zod but wasn't out and about. Nobody knew of him until zod outed alien an lives among you.

thanks....so I guess as long as the events of DK trilogy take place before MOS....they could technically still have been considered 'in-universe"......which is why I was disappointed that the makers of MOS said the world as portrayed in the DK films is not the same as that of MOS.....just another lame excuse to "reboot", yet again, the Batman portrayal that most fans have come to embrace.....and why DC is losing to Marvel at the big screen.....

thanks....so I guess as long as the events of DK trilogy take place before MOS....they could technically still have been considered 'in-universe"......which is why I was disappointed that the makers of MOS said the world as portrayed in the DK films is not the same as that of MOS.....just another lame excuse to "reboot", yet again, the Batman portrayal that most fans have come to embrace.....and why DC is losing to Marvel at the big screen.....

I don't think they need a new origin movie for Batman just cast a new actor as long a he is as tall as Bale and be able to put on a decent amount of Muscle.

make a animated movie to set up the new Batman maybe.

Don't mind but prefer MOS to be a stand alone movie.

Too bad he didn't fly around the planet and reverse time lol Donner cut.

No, I meant the cut of 2. I know he did it in the first one but WRT MoS, the Donner Cut undid the entire movie and everything that happened in it. lol the movie reboots itself.

A lil' off topic, a description of George Miller's Justice League: Mortal. Why didn't they make this movie but there's still time!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=84343

Eh, sounds ok if you know the source material, but too many moviegoers won't so you would spend too much time introducing the characters.

Giant ensemble pieces like this require some backstory build up. That is why the Marvel/Avengerds movieverse works so well, give each major character their own film to introduce them, then throw them together. Not just throw them all together at once and tell their origins there.

Yeah, I had owned the Donner Cut of 2 for forever and never watched it. I finally watched it right before going to see MoS. Other than removing the "kiss of forgetfulness" it was pretty much complete garbage.

I thought that the Brando footage they put in (which had been originally shot but abandoned so they didn't have to pay him as much) was pretty good. I enjoyed Donner's cut. Getting rid of the shite at the Eiffel tower was pretty good too.

Batman beyond style exo suit would be the only way to go to confront superman and then assuming they work together to handle another threat.

.....and yeah can,t wait to see what kind of reason/excuse for mass murder superman.....big job ahead

The scale of the two characters can never match... Nothing they can do will make sense to level these two characters. Its like the discovery channel making a movie about a shark versus a ladybug... Its nonsense.