Looks like this movie is finally doing away with what many fans always complain about...the "origin" story....at least for Batman....which is good and I hope the film makers are rewarded for this....

I haven't re-watched MOS since my first viewing on bluray...but I think the movie was pretty much a reboot/origin story for Superman....in the movie he "comes out to the world" with unfortunate consequences....assuming that Batman is already a known "super" hero in this new film "universe".....Superman would have already known about Batman via the media, etc?

If so, he's probably going to Gotham to "introduce" himself (thus the pic which seemingly portrays Gotham).....but being fresh off from the destruction of Metropolis...I'm going to guess Bats/Gotham isn't rolling out the red carpet for the MOS......

I think the way they portray Batman's take on Superman will make or break this movie (at the end of MOS, the US government isn't too happy with Superman...I'm guessing Batman is needing to figure out his own opinion of him).....

just like the marvel movies, the DC movies should essentially be about the population of Earth coming to grips with the existence of forces that have the potential to destroy our planet (need for a SHIELD-like organization).......

If I were Lex...that's the angle I'd take and perhaps want to form a SHIELD-like organization in conjunction with world governments (he'll probably be the head of some ultra high tech/weapons company...perhaps he'll propose some joint-venture with Wayne enterprises.....which should provide some good scenes with Lex and Bruce)....and perhaps he may even have Batman/Gotham/Metropolis/World governments as allies at first, until Batman via "Bruce Wayne" uncovers his true motives....thus forcing Batman to ultimately side with Superman or at least considering him the lesser of two "evils"...perhaps at the end (due to incarceration/escape?) Lex's proposed Earth protection organization (like SHIELD) is dumped by world leaders in favor of the Justice League....consisting totally of Super Heroes.....like the Avengers....

Stepping off the speculation soapbox now..... :p

I still think it would make sense that partial reason for forming the Justice League would be to try to keep Superman in check, whatever that's worth.

If MoS was all about Zod, the burden of being more-than-human, fallout from Krypton's fate, etc; and DoJ is (apparently) going to be all about the much wanted World's Finest-esque face off between Bats and Supes--then that isn't going to leave much (meaningful) room for developing Lex Luthor as Superman's preeminent archrival, is it?

And no one is talking about the fact that he's in Gotham. Probably there to get beat up by Batfleck.

-b.

Hah! I like that; I hope that name sticks. :p

If MoS was all about Zod, the burden of being more-than-human, fallout from Krypton's fate, etc; and DoJ is (apparently) going to be all about the much wanted World's Finest-esque face off between Bats and Supes--then that isn't going to leave much (meaningful) room for developing Lex Luthor as Superman's preeminent archrival, is it?

Hah! I like that; I hope that name sticks. :p

Yeah, that's kind of my fear as well, that they're cramming too much into this movie.

In Man of Steel it's shown very a small Easter Egg that Batman is known, even in Metropolis. There's one of those Keep Calm and Call Batman posters in the office building where Superman and Zod fight and the floor falls out beneath Supes. Blink, breathe, allow your heart to beat and you'll miss it, but I'm sure Google has tons of images for reference anyway.

-b.

Are they going to redcon the hole Bruce Wayne is believed dead at the end on"Dark Knight rises"?

That Batman is over and done with.

This will be an entirely new take on the character - there will be nothing related to the Begins, Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises trilogy.

-b.

This will be an entirely new take on the character - there will be nothing related to the Begins, Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises trilogy.

-b.[/quote

Thank you I was not sure if they where going to do away with that part!

I actually think there's plenty of room to weave Luthor into this story. Likely he's going to be more than just Superman's preeminent villain but more like the entire Justice League. They'll follow the trope Batman is smarter than Supe's just to give him some sort of fighting chance but likely Luthor will be smarter than Batman still just to make him THAT much more of a threat to the both of them combined. If Batman's intelligence makes him a match for Superman Luthors genius makes him a threat to a stable of Superheroes. Or something along those lines.

If so, then we already know who will play Flash

The Flash pilot already leaked online about a week ago, it personally sold me on both the show, and Grant Gustin as a young, inexperienced Flash. The effects were actually really well done in my opinion, and there were lots of hints and easter eggs setting up future villains. At the end of the Flash pilot was a particularly interesting and possibly massive spoilery little bit in the form of a newspaper headline, it alluded to two massive Justice League hero run industries merging, one of which hasn't been introduced in Arrow or the Flash yet it confirmed the entities existence within the universe, and the Flash himself disappearing in a strange crisis...

I'm not sure if this will end up being related or not, but Stephen Amell of CW's Arrow has been teasing some really big news for Comic-Con, is there a chance he will be the Emerald Archer of the Snyder DC universe?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/03/arrow-star-stephen-amell-teases-big-comic-con-plans

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/676541179097819

Hey Guys -- I appreciate all the support and enthusiasm, but not everything I post is a cryptic indicator that I'm going to be in Batman V Superman. I'm not going to be in Batman V Superman.

Even if they were going to mix the TV and cinematic universes, we are certainly not there yet.

-b.

Thank god. haha

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to know if he can turn his head.

Me thinks we're in the minority. I'm going to stop beating that horse and assume that in the movie he can, and that his cowl is not rubber but instead some other bat-material that allows him to look to his left and to his right.

And yeah, all other stuff aside, Batfleck looks kinda cool in that latest pic.

-b.

Everyone I know asks the same question. I don't know why they just leave that part of the costume off and put it back in via CG. They do it for Ironman... they did it for Winter Soldier's arm also. I guess that's one reason Marvel movies are kicking ass... common sense.

Everyone I know asks the same question. I don't know why they just leave that part of the costume off and put it back in via CG. They do it for Ironman... they did it for Winter Soldier's arm also. I guess that's one reason Marvel movies are kicking ass... common sense.

Well, the Iron Man suit is restrictive cuz it's armor. The stuntman couldn't move. When they made the suit for the 1st movie, they built a full suit. The guy inside had to walk slowly to avoid popping off the parts and cuz the stuntman couldn't move. As for the Winter Soldier, he wore a wrapping around his arm that actually looked like the actual cyborg arm but with motion capture dots on it. This is why I liked Nolan's approach and he just seperated the damn cowl from the neck. No need to CG it.