since the trailer shows doomsday, and major non comic news outlets covered the death of superman storyline where doomsday kills superman, I think the trailers gave away the ending.

Open this spoiler and you'll ruin the ending....quite possibly the only thing not given away by all the trailers....

One and only warning......

"Death" of Superman.....uh-huh.....was that even necessary? Is there anyone thinking he won't "resurrect"? :rolleyes:

since the trailer shows doomsday, and major non comic news outlets covered the death of superman storyline where doomsday kills superman, I think the trailers gave away the ending.

I guess if you follow such things.....

I don't and I'm guessing neither does the majority of the viewing audience....My understanding of the DC and Marvel universes is purely based on what I see on the movie screen, I have no knowledge of the backstories or history that comes from the source materials (with the exception of the Frank Miller TDKR books and Watchmen....was mostly into SW growing up...and then Macross, now just mostly Macross ^_^).....I am just judging these type of movies based on what I see on the screen...I like or dislike them just based on what story is presented within the scope of the movies.....basically, I am not really a comic book fan, but I am enjoying this current run of "comic book" movies....I enjoy the spectacle that most of them are....perhaps not really being saddled with all the history behind these characters allows me to enjoy these movies for what they are...cheap entertainment... :)

It was disjointed and hopped around but it wasn't THAT bad. Gal Godot's Wonder Woman was pretty good. I like this Wonder Woman. Batfleck? His fighting-style definitely had that Arkham-trilogy vibe. He actually was a pretty good Bats. Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor is definitely a psychopath. I like it. It's nice to see a different Lex. It was different and I will give them that.

Yep.

Now on to the spoilerish stuff.

That's all I can think of now. It could have been better pacing wise but it wasn't THAT bad. The story was there, but just needs help in putting it together. Hopefully this R-rated director's-extended version clears up some of these issues.

Yes, this movie is divisive. It gets us talking about it, does it not?

Perhaps an answer to a point in your spoiler tag

Clark hears bruce talking to alfred at lex's mansion. Perhaps he figured out from there.

Just saw this and yeah marvel has nothing to worry about.

Really wanted to like this one but just couldn't. Seriously man of steel was better than this and that's not saying much. There are a few good aspects but they don't equal a good movie. And Jessie E was terrible as lex. Awefull.

As for Wonder Woman, I liked her character but I couldn't help but laugh each time they played her theme song.....it reminded me of the War Boys theme song from Mad Max Fury Road for some reason. Maybe the guitar riff and percussion. LOL. Only music I can remember from the whole movie. I still liked it.

Funny you say that, guess who made the music for Mad Max and the Wonder Woman theme? Junkie XL, same guy for both movies.

Watched this tonight and it was...okay. Better than MoS because of Affleck's Batman and Amy Adams. Affleck really does a good Bruce Wayne. I enjoyed some parts and thought the actors did pretty well with what they were given. The effects were decent and it was entertaining. I definitely scratched my head in a few parts - like when Wonder Woman is checking her email during a critical countdown. How did she get home and into her comfy clothes so quickly? The dream sequences were distracting (worst part of the whole movie) and I thought they forced the whole 'Justice League' element a little too much. I guess it was necessary to build up the impending crossover movie. Looking forward to the solo WW film.

I have to say i'm not liking the actor they chose to be the flash. His look is way off from what i expect from the flash. Looks way too young to be Barry Allen. I know tv Barry is young too but they explain it as him becoming the flash earlier than he was suppose to due to Reverse-Flash plotting.

Hmm wish i could remember the WW theme. I don't remember being impressed by it.

It's the guitar riff and percussion that make it sound so much different than any other music in the film....can't describe why, but it just went so well with her suddenly showing up in the scene....to me it was the highlight of the entire movie.....if the whole movie had captured that moment it would have been epic.....it would have been....fun

Ben must be feeling let down being the "only good thing about batman v superman".

The superman movie wasn't very good and I will probably be dissapointed by this seing as how most people say man of steel was better.

With all the lex hatred and letto joker hatred maybe dcu should take a hint from what worked for deadpool and make the characters closer to what fans know or expect instead of making drastic changes to such iconic characters.

The other major complaint is that this movie seems rushed. Man of steel felt too rushed, and that's already 2 in a row that they just rushed the story. Will the justice league also be rushed.

All in all I have no confidence in this franchise at this point.

Makes sense...only music themes I remember and enjoyed from both movies!

Junkie XL was always known as a catchy riff maker back in his electronic music days. Well, until he moved to LA and then it all sounded plastic and terrible.

It's the guitar riff and percussion that make it sound so much different than any other music in the film....can't describe why, but it just went so well with her suddenly showing up in the scene....to me it was the highlight of the entire movie.....if the whole movie had captured that moment it would have been epic.....it would have been....fun

I really liked her theme. I can't describe the feeling I got when I heard it but it suited her entrance really well. Batfleck's theme was pretty good, but WW's was more memorable. His theme felt like a more mature Nolan-version (due to Zimmer) with some Danny Elfman thrown in at times.

^That's what got to me on MoS as well: It's not so much that it was a bad movie per se, but it was awfully tedious, which made it a fail for me because it just wasn't entertaining. Marvel movies, even the lesser ones, excel at being wonderfully entertaining; so far, the DC stuff hasn't even come close. I'll wait to rent BvS:DoJ at Redbox in 3-4 months.

Yeah you guys hit a good point. It does seem tedious to sit through mos and bvs even the fight scenes. They seem like such a drag to get through especially during repeat viewings. Usually after seeing a movie like this I would be excited to see it again in order to re watch some cool action sequences. There isn't one scene that made me feel that way for this movie.

Hmm wish i could remember the WW theme. I don't remember being impressed by it.

I remember that exact moment when the music drastically changed, it never registered in my head as a character's theme (WW), it just sounded like chaotic music for a scene that had way too much going on in it to begin with.

Ben must be feeling let down being the "only good thing about batman v superman".

True, I would say, the only good new thing introduced out of a hand full of things that worked that carried over for Man of Steel.

Now that you mention it I don't rennet the batman theme as well. The only score that stood out to me was the superman man that's from man of steel as well which I think is really effective.

Same here, I only noticed the subtle Superman theme from Man of Steel during said scene, and it worked. Did Batman have a theme, I really can't remember, I probably just had the Nolan music in my head the whole time.

I did notice in the opening credits, the movie's music was written by two different composers.

Edited by Save

Saw it today, and enjoyed it. I'm with the crowd that wasn't crazy about Eisenberg's Luthor- he's more Joker than Lex, IMO. But then, if I followed correctly, he's actually Lex Luthor Jr., so the serious businessman and rival of Superman is, I guess, dearly departed and his socially-inept lunatic son runs the company. I had huge misgivings about Affleck, but I liked him as both Wayne and Batman, and Irons was excellent as Alfred. I also like Cavill's Superman, and I like the exploration of various viewpoints concerning this godlike being among us and the questions his existence raises. Some nice cameos along these lines. I loved the grittiness of Batman, and the Arkham Asylum vibe was strong-a good thing, IMO.

Prior to this movie, I'd never heard of Gal Gadot, but she owned nearly every scene she was in. Lovely girl. Moreover, while there were scowls aplenty from the male characters fighting, Wonder Woman would take a hit, recover, and give us a little smile. Battle is her element, and Gadot did a good job of projecting that. Those were my favorite scenes in the movie.

I liked the JL tie-in stuff, although the Flash casting raised an eyebrow. Still, I liked what I saw enough to want to see where they take it.

A perfect movie? No.

As bad as these guys reckon? (ie, worse than the plague and the holocaust combined) Hell no.

Maybe...just short of the combined plague and holocaust?

I don't quite understand all the vitriol for this movie, either. It was perfect by no means, but it told some decent stories, had some good action scenes, brilliantly introduced Diana, Princess of Themyscira, offered a plausible reason for the eponymous conflict, and all the major players delivered good performances. I include Jesse Eisenberg in that assessment; even though I didn't care for Luthor Jr's erratic swings from genius to lunatic, Eisenberg gave a convincing performance. I blame Snyder and the writers for such an un-Luthorish portrayal more than the actor taking direction. I thought the Super-nazis were a brilliant bit of paranoia, if not a tad ironic, given that Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel were both of the Jewish faith. While the dream sequences took a moment of realization, I thought they were implemented well in hindsight. They give insight, and they doubtless will seem as disjointed upon second viewing.

As for criticisms, for both MoS and BvS, my entire history of these characters via cartoons, games, and previous movies have etched in my mind an extraordinarily high regard for life for both, which I think is fitting and elemental to who they are and what they represent as heroes. (I've never read the comics) I can accept a high level of brutality, esp from Batman, since bullets will kill him and he needs to take measures to level the playing field, but his no-kill stance makes him better than those he fights. Not so much in the Snyderverse, for either. The other issue I have is that both Batman and Superman traditionally put public safety as paramount, and generally go to lengths to move the fight away from populated areas. Again in both MoS and BvS, not so much. This betrayal of what I feel is an unassailable and central character trait for both Batman and Superman is my primary negative critique of BvS and MoS. All other criticisms are minor next to this, in my opinion, and Snyder's disregard hurts these films more than any other factor. A minor critique: Doomsday, of whom I knew absolutely nothing due to my ignorance of the comics, just seemed like another big generic CG monstrosity to give the heroes something to unite against. However, from reading the various spoilers, he and the finale are taken directly from the comics. And, the Batmobile is apparently indestructible, save for the dual canopies ( but then again, the Batmobile is nearly always represented as being a nearly indestructible vehicle, so I let it pass. I liked the chase scene and all the car's gadgetry at work :wub: )

Edited by M'Kyuun

Saw the film Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Is it a perfect film? No, not even close but also not worthy of a lot of the hating that is going on. I think my biggest gripe is with the editing and pacing. I loved all of the performances from the cast, Affleck is the Best Batman/Bruce Wayne to date, bar none. I continue to Love Cavil's depiction of Superman and I can't wait for Wonder woman to be released. All of the other cast, shone when given the screen time. Eisenberg's depiction of Lex will probably be the most debated depiction from the film. I think he really showed how terrifying Lex can be during the Senate Hearing sequence.

I think a lot of the criticism of the film has been unfair. Snyder and DC chose to make an Adult themed film and I commend them for it. The Big 3 are the most iconic comics book characters, and they made a serious fin to go along with their stature. Some of the criticism is from a frame of reference that doesn't reflect the actual material on screen. DC reset the Superman character in the comics a few years ago. Snyder superman is a reflection of the New 52 version of superman. A younger version of the iconic character that is learning as he goes. He is no longer a mid 30's to 40's super hero with the benefit of wisdom and experience. He is still the same character in essence, and his biggest fault lies in his naiveté. Batman's newfound brutality can be easily explained within the scene from the trailer ( Wayne Tower collapsing). Alfred's comments in the first trailer reflect that shift or change in character as a result of the new world that Bruce now finds himself in. This really parallels the moral dilemma the U.S. found itself in after the events of Sept 11th.

I think I was initially lukewarm about the film after first viewing it, but over time as I've had more time to reflect and digest the film, my appreciation for it has grown. Very similar to MOS. So in that regard, I can understand why some aren't overly in love with this film. It doesn't have the visceral fun factor that we've gotten too accustomed with from the Disney/Marvel films. I appreciate the fact that DC choose to go in different direction and didn't mimic how Marvel has chosen to do with their film properties.

Edited by Golden Arms

Had some time to digest this one as well, and I will say that bottom line I enjoyed this more than Man of Steel. As someone who read comics years ago I was never a DC guy, I was mostly Marvel so I had the benefit of not being colored by my own expectations.

I also think that M'Kyuun and Golden Arms did a much better job articulating some of my issues than I could, so I'll just agree with them.

A few things that I don't recall seeing that did however make me upset;

At the end when Batman makes a statement about living up to what Superman represents. No, no no AND no. Batman and Superman share a healthy respect for one another, if not an outright friendship. To the best of my knowledge Batman does not "look" up to or aspire to any lofty goals of what Superman represents for humanity.

And who in the world ships an engagement ring in a regular bubble envelope with no protection. Yep, that was were my suspension of disbelief hit it's limit. Clark shipped Lois's engagement ring, without a box, in an envelope.

And finally, Wonder Woman kicked ass.

-b.

*edit for grammar

Edited by Kanedas Bike