What... Affleck's bottom lip is getting all the raves...

Affleck's bottom lip gives a solid performance, dominant but not overtly showy, channelling the spirit of lone warrior jawbones from John Ford films.

And yes... that's an actual review.

Here's an actual "fresh review...

If Justice, with its sluggish script, isn't quite the jaw-dropping eye-popper it should be, that's okay. The cast is unimpeachable.

"Would've been a better time... if I was drunk (Yeah now it's a party!)."

"C+"

"2.8 and 3.25 out of 5 Schmoes"

"B"

"Best Movie Ever"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 29% - "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice smothers a potentially powerful story -- and some of America's most iconic superheroes -- in a grim whirlwind of effects-driven action."

Metacritic Score: 44 out of 100

Edited by areaseven

Of course if you look to your preferred reviewers who are like minded, you will find what you're looking for.

On the opposite end, many people are liking the movie too

http://collider.com/batman-v-superman-reviews-premiere/

Those were people coming out of the premiere... I was reading those reviews and it was what prompted me to see what they were saying on RT.com (not that RT.com... the real RT.com... :p)

I get why people don't like Snyder's movies and have seen the clever one line negatives on RT. That's fine, it's all opinion. I'll watch it, digest it. Probably watch it 2-3x if there's alot going on or just more to pick up on character wise. I love all this comic/ sci-fi/ fantasy stuff and going in wanting to see the 2 biggest comic book characters in the world whip their d!cks all over eachother, lol. Meanwhile pacing daredevil out to try to bring my hype down but it's not working to well since that is amazing so far.

Edited by Negotiator

Eeek on the reviews. Sounds like its the movie we expected after seeing the first couple of trailers. Guess I'll save money by waiting for this to come to Netflix.

If it makes money the reviews won't matter, and they'll continue to let Zack Snyder pursue his vision for the DC movieverse.

It will probably still make money like the Bayformers movies.

If it makes money the reviews won't matter, and they'll continue to let Zack Snyder pursue his vision for the DC movieverse.

True on both counts. But like Transformers will we see less and less quality with each new film? I suspect we won't but still...

True on both counts. But like Transformers will we see less and less quality with each new film? I suspect we won't but still...

Critics who actually liked MoS are being pretty hard on BvS.

The only positive thing I've seen echoed by many critics is that Ben Affleck is pretty good as Batman, and they look forward to seeing what he does with the role.

Only way to stop the bad DC films is to just boycott them globally. So as long as we pay the money out of curiosity they'll keep making them.

I'm on the fence, not been impressed but same time I have an abundance of free passes.

Well, the movie might not be getting glowing reviews, but I did get the soundtrack yesterday, and it's great to listen to! I find it's a blend of Man of Steel and The Nolan Batman films, which isn't surprising, since it's Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL who composed the music.

I'll make up my own mind when I go see the movie, probably within a few days after it opens.

I just watched it..............and.it.rocks! It was really entertaining and what you saw in the trailer doesnt give too much away in terms of the movie plot.

The Bats/supes fight scenes were awesome! And if your a bat-fan, you got your monies worth with all the epic references to bats comic's moments....this is what zack synder does best..

And that WW entrance to the fight got me even saying woaahhh (am not really a wondie fan-boy but still woah) B)) that amazonian spirit is clearly there in the fight... :p

Go see it!!

The ratings are currently at 32 percent, which is well below my spend my money seing this mark. I will just have to wait until it's on cable or netflix. Most of the reviews including the good ones say the movie was spoiled by the previews anyway.

I just finished watching it and I have a headache. Some good scenes but some bad scenes could have been left out or done better. Eisenberg Lex sucked. Fight scenes were cool, Wonder Woman was awesome, Batman was good, Superman was good, Clark wasn't that good, Bruce could have been better too. At times it felt like this movie would have been better split up in two movies. Overall still a decent lead up to other movies.

7/10

Edited by sh9000

There already seems to be a dislike for Harley the Joker and Killer Crock.

If this movie doesn't meet expectations and suicide squad fails at what point do we get reboot talks.

From what I understand Wonder Woman is already filming along with early work on justice league. Can they reboot or are we stuck until all these projects are done.

Haven't seen it and after all the reviews won't see it in theatres. For those that have is it true they're trying to lay the groundwork for the JL movie here instead of doing a slow build up like Marvel did in the after credits in the early movies?

Ok...so just finished watching the movie...it's OK but not great. Everyone who says that the movie is trying to squeeze too much into this movie is correct. They should have just focused on the how Batman was going to figure out whether Superman is good for the planet.

The movie basically started out exactly that way but then went on a tangent with Lex Luthor's scheme. They sort of hinted towards the end that Lex knew about "what" was out in the universe and that he had sent out an invitation for it to come to earth. I really am not an expert on DC lore, so I am sure others can make suggestions on who or what that may be paying the earth a visit by the time the Justice League movie comes out.

However, what does not make sense about Lex's supposed knowledge is that he clearly did not gain that knowledge when he "set up" Superman in that African warlord scene. He gained the knowledge much later when he gained access to Zod's ship. So yeah....not very clear on his previous motives other than just not liking Superman I guess. He was OK as Lex, but his backstory/motivation was very weakly explained.

Also, is it just me or does B v S indeed still take place in some future point in time of the Nolan Batman universe...or at least in some alternate version of it? What was up with the destroyed Wayne Manor? Wasn't that from the last Batman movie? Or does his Mansion get destroyed in the comics at some point also?

As for Wonder Woman, I liked her character but I couldn't help but laugh each time they played her theme song.....it reminded me of the War Boys theme song from Mad Max Fury Road for some reason. Maybe the guitar riff and percussion. LOL. Only music I can remember from the whole movie. I still liked it.

I give B v S a rating of C. I think Snyder is continuing to give us a version of what the world would really be like with Batman and Superman (superheroes) in it....to me it really is a continuation of the "realistic" Nolan-verse....with "aliens" and "Meta-humans" now thrown into it.....to me some of it worked in B v S...other stuff not so much....

Ok...so just finished watching the movie...it's OK but not great. Everyone who says that the movie is trying to squeeze too much into this movie is correct. They should have just focused on the how Batman was going to figure out whether Superman is good for the planet.

The movie basically started out exactly that way but then went on a tangent with Lex Luthor's scheme. They sort of hinted towards the end that Lex knew about "what" was out in the universe and that he had sent out an invitation for it to come to earth. I really am not an expert on DC lore, so I am sure others can make suggestions on who or what that may be paying the earth a visit by the time the Justice League movie comes out.

However, what does not make sense about Lex's supposed knowledge is that he clearly did not gain that knowledge when he "set up" Superman in that African warlord scene. He gained the knowledge much later when he gained access to Zod's ship. So yeah....not very clear on his previous motives other than just not liking Superman I guess. He was OK as Lex, but his backstory/motivation was very weakly explained.

Also, is it just me or does B v S indeed still take place in some future point in time of the Nolan Batman universe...or at least in some alternate version of it? What was up with the destroyed Wayne Manor? Wasn't that from the last Batman movie? Or does his Mansion get destroyed in the comics at some point also?

As for Wonder Woman, I liked her character but I couldn't help but laugh each time they played her theme song.....it reminded me of the War Boys theme song from Mad Max Fury Road for some reason. Maybe the guitar riff and percussion. LOL. Only music I can remember from the whole movie. I still liked it.

I give B v S a rating of C. I think Snyder is continuing to give us a version of what the world would really be like with Batman and Superman (superheroes) in it....to me it really is a continuation of the "realistic" Nolan-verse....with "aliens" and "Meta-humans" now thrown into it.....to me some of it worked in B v S...other stuff not so much....

These movies have no connection to Nolan's Batman universe.

It was disjointed and hopped around but it wasn't THAT bad. Gal Godot's Wonder Woman was pretty good. I like this Wonder Woman. Batfleck? His fighting-style definitely had that Arkham-trilogy vibe. He actually was a pretty good Bats. Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor is definitely a psychopath. I like it. It's nice to see a different Lex. It was different and I will give them that.

For those that have is it true they're trying to lay the groundwork for the JL movie here instead of doing a slow build up like Marvel did in the after credits in the early movies?

Yep.

Now on to the spoilerish stuff.

-As CinemaSins said "Damn! This Batman brands his prey. -1 sin."

-The cave entrance is from the lake. Woohoo! More Arkham!

-The Batman fight in the trailer was fun. It had all the fun elements of batrangs, thugs going WTF? for a Batman fight which made the kid in me smile.

-Bats v Supes, that went exactly how I expected it. Bats choose his environment and made it work for him.

-Magic sword cuts Doomsday! They didn't forget that magic hurts Kryptonians. Go Wonder Woman! Woohoo!

-It's nice that they bring up that there is a consequence to super-beings fighting, again (Thanks MoS). Bats choosing the abandoned dock area to Supes pushing Doomsday into space to get him away from the populace.

-How did Supes know it was Bruce under that mask? Did he X-ray him the 1st time they met? Gonna need to fix that.

-Lex having files on the Justice League members doesn't surprise me. He is a manipulative sick SOB.

That's all I can think of now. It could have been better pacing wise but it wasn't THAT bad. The story was there, but just needs help in putting it together. Hopefully this R-rated director's-extended version clears up some of these issues.

Yes, this movie is divisive. It gets us talking about it, does it not?