I like the new Batmobile but somewhere in an alternate universe there is a Batman/Superman movie being made with Christian Bale.

There has to be a quantum universe with Zac's Batman with Adam west's other car?

Damn. "Lumbering" is the first word that comes to mind. This one's gonna take a lot of extreme tight shots and shaky frames to convey any kind of sense of speed, I'd say. I imagine the stunt driver in the Challenger's thinking: okay, hang the tail out a bit, make it look good. Oh, wait--don't overdo it, rein it in a little, keep the relative speeds close...

Looks like giving chase on an old Massey Ferguson

Hell, I'd like to see someone take one of the original 5: put a 427 side oiler right behind the seats with a transaxle--just in front of where those plastic pipes are now; black out the psychedelic orange pin stripes; give it about 2 deg of forward rake; stick some "low profile" 15x10 and 15x12 Avons under it, an' see how fast you can make that sum bit*h go...

1966-Batmobile-profile.jpg

ed: but oh yeah--for God's sake, add a Gurney tab or something along the trailing edge of the rear decklid, so the thing doesn't try to take off. :p

Edited by reddsun1

• 4 weeks later...

Just going to leave this here;

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/warner-bros-announces-10-dc-movies-3-lego-movies-and-100086434652.html

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer (2016)
Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot (2017)
Justice League Part One directed by Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
The Flash starring Ezra Miller (2018)
Aquaman starring Jason Momoa (2018)
Shazam (2019)
Justice League Part Two directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
Cyborg starring Ray Fisher (2020)
Green Lantern (2020)

Enjoy!

-b.

Yeeeesh... I'm already ready for a reboot.

Ha!

Based off of this list and what little info there is, the only movies I'm kind of looking forward to are Suicide Squad (I like Ayer's films) and the two Justice League movies simply because those two are sure to be big massive spectacles, and as such there should be some entertainment value.

-b.

Wow, Ezra Miller as The Flash? That surprises me. I mean, this kid can out act almost anyone. He's one of the brightest rising stars of his acting generation. I'm just kinda surprised he'd be interested in doing the project. I will say I don't have much faith in the DC movies, but maybe Miller sees something in this project. I must admit his involvement has my interest.

Wow, Ezra Miller as The Flash? That surprises me. I mean, this kid can out act almost anyone. He's one of the brightest rising stars of his acting generation. I'm just kinda surprised he'd be interested in doing the project. I will say I don't have much faith in the DC movies, but maybe Miller sees something in this project. I must admit his involvement has my interest.

It's hard for me to see him as Flash. Admittedly I've only seen his work in The Perks of Being a Wallflower and unless he bulks up a little he seemed thin/small to fit the super hero build.

But then there's Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, so...

-b.

It's hard for me to see him as Flash. Admittedly I've only seen his work in The Perks of Being a Wallflower and unless he bulks up a little he seemed thin/small to fit the super hero build.

But then there's Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, so...

-b.

Oh, he'll bulk up for sure. Anyone can, you just have to be willing to put in the time and the work. Besides, every super hero film bulks up the actors, whether it's naturally buff guys like Henry Cavill or natural pudges like Chris Pratt. A certain super physique would definitely be a contractural obligation of accepting a project like this. Having said that, Ezra Miller at his largest would likely look more the "Spider-Man" physique as opposed to the "Captain America" kind of build. Muscled, but lithe; more Clint Eastwood, less Arnold Schwarzenegger. Which sounds just fine for a running man like The Flash.

A certain super physique would definitely be a contractural obligation of accepting a project like this. Having said that, Ezra Miller at his largest would likely look more the "Spider-Man" physique as opposed to the "Captain America" kind of build. Muscled, but lithe; more Clint Eastwood, less Arnold Schwarzenegger. Which sounds just fine for a running man like The Flash.

IMO, Flash should never look like Captain America. He should look fit but not a muscled meat head. Somewhere between a sprinter and a marathoner. Grant Gustin got the right body type for the TV series so I would hope Ezra Miller works out enough to get to that look.

Oh, he'll bulk up for sure. Anyone can, you just have to be willing to put in the time and the work. Besides, every super hero film bulks up the actors, whether it's naturally buff guys like Henry Cavill or natural pudges like Chris Pratt. A certain super physique would definitely be a contractural obligation of accepting a project like this. Having said that, Ezra Miller at his largest would likely look more the "Spider-Man" physique as opposed to the "Captain America" kind of build. Muscled, but lithe; more Clint Eastwood, less Arnold Schwarzenegger. Which sounds just fine for a running man like The Flash.

IMO, Flash should never look like Captain America. He should look fit but not a muscled meat head. Somewhere between a sprinter and a marathoner. Grant Gustin got the right body type for the TV series so I would hope Ezra Miller works out enough to get to that look.

Makes sense.

Good for DC/Warner Brothers for laying out a release road-map, they need to have a cohesive strategy if they want their comic book properties to gain any type of traction on the big screen, especially in a "one-universe" setting. Still best of luck trying to go head-to-head with Marvel/Disney.

-b.

And by 2020 everyone will be beyond tired of the formula because Marvel will have already been doing it for fourteen years.

Agreed. Even Marvel is recognizing the need for diversification in their super hero portfolio, already flirting with off-beat ideas and melding genres to keep the movies as fresh as they can. The need to do that is only going to grow as more super hero films fill the multiplexes. Formula is going to be worn out fast if WB and DC don't recognize that.

Not a huge fan of DC properties so hopefully this doesn't read as I want DC to take it to Marvel because I don't.

But I think they deserve some credit for finally trying to put together a cohesive strategy instead of random movies that don't (or didn't) interconnect. Mind you, I'm not talking about content or quality of said content, but I think laying a foundation, even this late in the game, is a good thing for them.

And anything that gets rid of some of their other, truly awful movies gets an A for effort in my book.

-b.

Not a huge fan of DC properties so hopefully this doesn't read as I want DC to take it to Marvel because I don't.

But I think they deserve some credit for finally trying to put together a cohesive strategy instead of random movies that don't (or didn't) interconnect. Mind you, I'm not talking about content or quality of said content, but I think laying a foundation, even this late in the game, is a good thing for them.

And anything that gets rid of some of their other, truly awful movies gets an A for effort in my book.

-b.

You know, I'd really like to remain positive and believe that WB/DC are finally getting an intelligent plan together to do the films and the characters justice. But honestly, I'm not seeing it. Knowing Hollywood, they are planning an integrated universe because they are aping a formula for success that they've seen another studio do. Hollywood LOVES bandwagon jumping. Some rival studio has a successful young adult film series, they need a young adult film series. Some rival studio has a successful super hero franchise, they need a successful super hero franchise. Some rival studio has a hyperlinked film series with one film integrating characters/stories into each other...u got it.

I also think WB/DC lack the good sense and careful plan that Marvel has. One of the reasons Marvel Studio's was so successful was working in steps and stages. They started small, took risks and then slowly built on success. This plan also had the advantage of introducing and then priming the audience to their cinematic universe. And at each stage, Marvel would go a little crazier with each new film so by the time Guardians of the Galaxy became a possibility, the movie going public was ready for almost anything Marvel would throw at them.

By contrast, WB/DC is jumping way too fast into this, playing catch up and going way too big without building a proper foundation. I'm not saying it's going to fail, but I am saying they are going to suffer a lot more setbacks and more failures than Marvel did. I'm setting my expecations low for the DC flicks unless each individual project produces news that inspires confidence or interest (like the Flash).

Various sites are reporting Jena Malone as Carrie Kelly, who many would know shows up in the comic book, Dark Knight Returns as the last Robin... It doesn't even make sense... Carrie Kelly would be way too old for an Affleck Batman. Even without this rumor, it's already the boy band version of superhero universes.

By contrast, WB/DC is jumping way too fast into this, playing catch up and going way too big without building a proper foundation. I'm not saying it's going to fail, but I am saying they are going to suffer a lot more setbacks and more failures than Marvel did. I'm setting my expecations low for the DC flicks unless each individual project produces news that inspires confidence or interest (like the Flash).

Not to mention that moviegoers are going to compare them to what Marvel has already done.....and most likely will be less forgiving. These upcoming DC movies have almost no room for failure. If B v S fails in a big way....what are the chances of the rest getting scrapped? Unless the foreign markets make up for any poor US box office performance? How well did MOS do overseas?

Various sites are reporting Jena Malone as Carrie Kelly, who many would know shows up in the comic book, Dark Knight Returns as the last Robin... It doesn't even make sense... Carrie Kelly would be way too old for an Affleck Batman. Even without this rumor, it's already the boy band version of superhero universes.

post-357-0-52917200-1413661733_thumb.jpg

-b.

Not to mention that moviegoers are going to compare them to what Marvel has already done.....and most likely will be less forgiving. These upcoming DC movies have almost no room for failure. If B v S fails in a big way....what are the chances of the rest getting scrapped? Unless the foreign markets make up for any poor US box office performance? How well did MOS do overseas?

The net is saying Man of Steel did about $300 million domestically and about $400 million in the foreign markets.

I'm pretty sure Batman vs. Superman will be a financial hit (though it won't be a record breaker), but I'm fully expecting an absolute disaster critically. And based on Snyders record to date, I'm fairly certain I won't like it, so I'm going to opt out for the theatre run. So I doubt this new film will stop any long term plans. THough I will agree with you that a few missteps along the way could hurt the later films much more so than a failure in Marvel's current cinematic outings might have done.

With a 225 million budget the domestic haul barely covers the budget of the film (not to mention marketing) which means the 42% of the international take of Man of Steel is probably where it made all of it's money. At 160 million the movie is still profitable but doesn't even double the cost to make it. But they just have to keep making them because, while these movies don't make money at first, brand loyalty is one way to make money in the long run if you don't care about story or coherence. Just look at Transformers and the Fast and Furious movies and at a lesser extent, the Resident Evil and Underworld franchise. Sad but worth it? I guess... Even the X-Men movies are not huge money makers but just enough to keep it going. A huge shake up on that universe would cause too much reverberations in the production side. Like if you remove Hugh Jackman as Wolverine then all the agents, producers and current investors would lose their place. It went from the fact that "it's better to complete a movie that you know won't be profitable" to "it's better to realize a franchise..." and now "it's really important to invest in an 'in movie universe'...". The hole these production companies are digging are getting bigger and bigger.

attachicon.gifBackstreet.jpg

-b.

Backstreet? or Backdoor?