Hate the Batsuit (what's up with all that vein-piping?) and disappointed that aestethic insparation is being drawn from DKR.

Is my perception wrong? I have always seen Batman as a sleek and clever martial-arts fighter not a big brutish brawler.

He's been many things across the years and this is one of the more celebrated incarnations, I think. Or rather, inspired by one of the more celebrated incarnations. I can't wait to see Supes get his face stomped in!

Edited by xrentonx

Hate the Batsuit (what's up with all that vein-piping?) and disappointed that aestethic insparation is being drawn from DKR.

Is my perception wrong? I have always seen Batman as a sleek and clever martial-arts fighter not a big brutish brawler.

Yeah, you're pretty much wrong, but no one will think of you differently for it. It's been stated since Zach Snyder took over that this wouldn't be anything like the Nolan serious type of batman...this would be more comic book like, but I don't think any of us actually understood what that meant until Snyder admited he's a big fan of the DKR story

I'm all for it, I just don't want this to seem like a carbon copy of DKR's with just bruce being younger.

I'm a big combat sports fan and I keep up with what makes a good fighter. To be honest, a real fighter, like the guys you see in MMA and boxing, are lean and wirey. More like her.

More muscle = more oxygen needed to fuel that muscle. You get tired swinging giant limbs around. Try hitting a heavy bag for 5 minutes straight yourself and see how long you last holding your arms up. Then imagine if you were packed with muscle that needed blood and oxygen. (That's why it's a great workout btw. :D)

You see it with heavyweight fights all the time. They can fight hard for a bout 5 minutes and then they gas. Or when strongmen try to fight MMA, they don't do so well. Like Mariusz Pudzianowski. (That's probably what you think a superhero would look like right?)He crushed a few cans (unskilled fighters) but never fought anybody elite. Champions are always guys who have long limbs, great cardio, and intense skill sets. Guys like Anderson Silva, GSP, and Jose Aldo or even Floyd Mayweather. They consistently beat the best on a year to year basis and they aren't big hulking brutes.

(GSP. He's gone on record as saying that weight lifting is mostly for show and most of his training is with gymnastics.)

Conditioning/skill is a lot more important when it comes to real fighting than being a big meathead. If Batman was a real person he would be more like Rorsarch with a low body fat percentage, not yoked out of his mind like what we're seeing in movies now. That's why I think it's silly. I give Superman and Thor a pass because they are aliens... so maybe their musculature is different haha.

But..... we want heros who are larger than life because that's what comics/movies have always taught us. Superman was patterned off a muscle man in the 20's/30's because that's all the imagination could muster.

People hate to hear that a guy like the Rock wouldn't be a great fighter in real life, but it's true. Not that I'd want to stand still and let me punch him... but I'd pick a slew of other guys to fight for me in a street fight other than a guy of his size.

Edited by Gakken85

• 2 weeks later...

OUCH! March huh? Janurary to April are not good times for the box office as it's usually crap movies or chick flicks. So DC is just looking for an easy win for the March and April...pussies.

Worked for Captain America 2 when it premiered at the beginning of April of this year. Still, it's not coming till 2016; still more than a year away. I don't think most viewers will care considering it's still gonna be a long wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Well......you gotta understand where the history of wonderwoman comes from afterall....she belongs in that mythology of the Spartans.

As for me, I don't dig the gal in the suit....I want someone with some muscle to her! I'll wait and see what else they put in there before I go "Dammit this isn't right."

The only thing I like was the nod to Frank Miller's batman armor.

I dunno, something about those quasi-hooker boots that rings my bell. I like her the way she is because I prefer my women to not look like men.

Edited by peter

• 2 weeks later...

They're filming scenes with the new Batmobile.

(spoiler'd for size)

1ZK2ZsJ.jpg

Fmo9bnh.jpg

5sIBdYm.jpg

Someone should write "Clean Me" on it.

LOL - she definitely needs a wash, but I really like it. It reminds me of/actually looks a LOT like the Batmobile from the new Batman: Arkham Knight video game.

-b.

Yeah so far Production design is solid for this flick. I just hope Snyder can make this one better than Man of Steel(I thought he did better on Watchmen/300 myself..)

With the exception of the Batsuit I completely agree (although I could be convinced to like it once I see more pictures or see it in action).

That said Man of Steel wasn't horrible, and I've actually grown to like it a bit more after watching on cable over and over and over and over again. It's just some of the plot holes like why Lois was falling at the end versus being pulled upwards and into the singularity and the "fact" that a gazillion people died in Metropolis that make the movie less enjoyable that it should have been - IMHO.

-b.

With the exception of the Batsuit I completely agree (although I could be convinced to like it once I see more pictures or see it in action).

That said Man of Steel wasn't horrible, and I've actually grown to like it a bit more after watching on cable over and over and over and over again. It's just some of the plot holes like why Lois was falling at the end versus being pulled upwards and into the singularity and the "fact" that a gazillion people died in Metropolis that make the movie less enjoyable that it should have been - IMHO.

-b.

That is the one point that makes me dislike Man of Steel. The whole last 45 minutes he is NOT SUPERMAN. He is some crazy guy just smashing stuff with no brains.