Jesus, I swear the only reason why the Nolan movies worked is because WB/DC didn't give a flying crap about

the Batman franchise. Then it succeeds, then WB/DC go " Yeah lets relive the awesome days of Batman forever, and Batman and Robin, and start throwing some real talent in there!, Like Affleck! yeah Affleck,

Seriously, only a top notch self loving douche like Affleck could think he could up Bale's performance.

Man, they could have had Karl frakking Urban, or Even John Hamm would be awesome.

Ben Affleck has never made a good movie.

I guess he was ok in that Boston movie, but Matt carried him. frakk it.

I do not like dez apples.

Edited by Gakken85

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.” - Zack Snyder

“Holy sh!t… BEN AFFLECK IS THE NEW BATMAN!!! Do you know what this means? It means that I’ve seen Batman naked!!!” - Kevin Smith

Miramax: Ben Affleck Is Batman

And RDJ as Iron Man and remember Heath Ledger's first pic as the Joker? Everyone, including me flipped. But I was wrong on both accounts. I'm on the boat with everyone that thinks they should get rid of Goyer and Snyder though.

At least Affleck is American. They've already outsourced Superman, Spiderman and the last Batman to the Brits :p

OH. Boo Hoo. FFS!

How about Hugh Jackman as Batman. THEN YOU COULD HAVE A STRAYAN DOIN' THE JOB MATE, SHE'LL BE RIGHT, COBBER!

STRAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by taksraven

Still a stinkin' furrener.

I really didn't have a problem with Brandon Routh, though, just the vapid script, and wished they had kept him. But not because of his nationality. New guy looks a bit too... gaunt, I think.

Throughout all this argument, I had completely forgotten two valid facts about Ben Affleck:

1. He played Superman once... sort of. Affleck played George Reeves in the 2006 biographical drama Hollywoodland. He said in some interviews that the role completely turned his career around for the better after struggling with Daredevil and Gigli.

2. He was da bomb in Phantoms, yo!

1. He played Superman once... sort of. Affleck played George Reeves in the 2006 biographical drama Hollywoodland. He said in some interviews that the role completely turned his career around for the better after struggling with Daredevil and Gigli.

Yeah, but he was portraying George Reeves, i.e., as real guy who had real-life problems.

I consider Bale/Nolan to be the ultimate high point of the Batman story; they elevated super-hero storytelling to an artform even. Everything else will be just an attempt to cash in on the popularity of the franchise, just like this movie. So, let the clowns who-would-be Batman step on up and make those summer blockbusters. As far as I'm concerned Affleck playing Batman is no different than Kilmer, Clooney or the schizophrenic who lives next door to me during Halloween playing Batman; they're Batman/Wayne by name and little else...

OH. Boo Hoo. FFS!

How about Hugh Jackman as Batman. THEN YOU COULD HAVE A STRAYAN DOIN' THE JOB MATE, SHE'LL BE RIGHT, COBBER!

STRAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackman? They should make Drak Claw then!!!

post-2996-0-74599800-1377345565_thumb.jpg

Wolverine + Batman.., Good old Amalgam times :lol: !!

I think everyone should calm down. Affleck can act. His last several pics have demonstrated his acting chops. I think he can pull off Bruce Wayne in his sleep, and he probably resembles the character better than any other choice to date. The real question will be how he will fare as batman. I would've preferred a lesser known actor, but I think he will pair very well with Cavil on screen. I think that Affleck will be able to give the character an arrogant sort of superiority or upsmanship that is critical for Batman to be seen as a equal or superior to an person that is practically a god. Batman has to gave an strategic/critical thinking edge that will allow him to coexist with superpowered people.

As much as I love Nolan's take on the character, this upcoming film is not that universe. Any director that would touch the batman/superman franchise, whether right or wrong is going to reinterpret the character no matter what. Nolan's realistic Batman wouldn't work in a universe that has superpowered aliens from the land of dinoriders. I think Affleck is one of the few actors that could straddle the line of someone that is playing a billionaire playboy/ someone with the intellect that could outwit/out duel Superman's vast array of abilities. Maybe with this redo, we'll finally get to see the detective in the darknight. Nolan gave us very little of this as his batman relied too heavily on Fox/Alfred/ Gordon to do all of the real thinking will he did the punching.

Among the "most anticipated" list at imdb are:

Untitled Batman Reboot (????) - oh, for the love of Christ and his uncle Pete. When will Hollywood give this reboot bullsh*t a rest?

Untitled Transformers Sequel (2014) - yeah, I guess people in power at the studios still seem to think it's worthwhile to keep paying M. Bay to sh*t on film stock and call it a movie. Jesus wept. <_<

Justice Leage (2017) - m'kay, could possibly not suck, if it tells a good story and with the right menagerie of supervillians. Will almost certainly entail completely re-casting familiar characters like Supes & Batman, as current actors carrying the roles could well be too damned old to be believable by then? Why so long?

Ant-Man (2015) - Seriously? :huh:

...and of course, there's the elsewhere-mentioned Avengers sequel slated for 2015, as well as the Fantastic Four reboot (No, really. It won't suck this time, folks! :rolleyes: ).

Untitled Transformers Sequel (2014) - yeah, I guess people in power at the studios still seem to think it's worthwhile to keep paying M. Bay to sh*t on film stock and call it a movie.

Special effects movies that makes tons of money on a global scale with the last installment reaching the one billion mark. Why would they not?