Robotech x Voltron crossover... what the...I don't even...

HG needs to stop. I think it's time to hang up the saddle and go to pasture. Stop frakking with my child hood memories!

HG has liberated us from the ignorance of our youth. Imagine if we all still thought RT was good, and knew little about the original series it was based upon. How sad would that be?

I am very confused.

Of course, that's nothing new for me....

This confusion isn't going to give way to righteous indignation, though. I want to see what kind of crazy bullshittery they come up with over there.

"Robotech is one of the finest intellectual properties ever to come out of Japan, and we are so very fortunate to be able to contribute to its legacy of thrilling science fiction action and drama," says Nick Barrucci, CEO/Publisher of Dynamite Entertainment.

Yeh....someone might wanna inform them of what they have before, you know, ...they get sued. DMY. Part of me feels bad for Voltron-fans. And this is why we don't do this crossover crap. Except for Super Robot Wars and A.C.E..

Sorry World Events, HG now owns all your Voltron 'cua of a microscopic footnote kn your contract that they stamped on after you signed it. Don't worry, they'll do absolutely nothing productive with it.

It's just a comic... no one has paid attention to Robotech comics in decades. Seems like a good move on their part since people actually noticed this.

The article hints that Dynamite might be doing more than just a crossover in the future. Then again, there was supposed to be a new animated chapter to the series to be told since 2007, and look where that's gone.

Man, in hindsight Exosquad sure dodged a screwed up situation when that Robotech crossover fell through.

I keep checking the date stamp up top to see if it says 1 April...

Same here. But at least it's just a comic. I remember a Star Trek/X-Men crossover comic back in the 90s I believe.

HG has liberated us from the ignorance of our youth. Imagine if we all still thought RT was good, and knew little about the original series it was based upon. How sad would that be?

I still think Robotech is good but I grew up with it. But what is happening behind the scenes not letting the new Macross stuff come out over here is a crime. I pretty much won't buy anything Robotech (except a Robotech series Blu-ray) until the situation is fixed.

I'm really surprised something like this hasn't happened far sooner than now. An amalgamation/crossover of franchises seems right up the alley of a company like HG. They are in the business of exploiting old franchises without adding anything new or of any interest. This is a perfect marriage in my eyes.

That being said - in true HG fashion - they are about 15 years late to the comic book crossover craze :)