Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

I'm positive all the clear bits are molded in color: transparent/translucent green, purple, and blue, respectively. As such, there is no possibility of stripping any of them down to water clear for a color change; you either accept Bandai's choices, or remove the bits that offend you in order to make molds to recast them in clear resin that you can tint before pouring, or paint after.

Personally, I don't have a problem with what Bandai has done on Isamu's 29. It would've been nice if they'd gone with green and blue, or green and purple, or red and blue or purple, for that matter... heck, it would've been nice if all of Bandai's Frontier, at al, were matte finish, but they are what they are.

Edited by mechaninac

I'm positive all the clear bits are molded in color: transparent/translucent green, purple, and blue, respectively. As such, there is no possibility of stripping any of them down to water clear for a color change; you either accept Bandai's choices, or remove the bits that offend you in order to make molds to recast them in clear resin that you can tint before pouring, or paint after.

Personally, I don't have a problem with what Bandai has done on Isamu's 29. It would've been nice if they'd gone with green and blue, or green and purple, or red and blue or purple, for that matter... heck, it would've been nice if all of Bandai's Frontier, at al, were matte finish, but they are what they are.

I guess I'll find out when I get mine. All of Yamato's coloured clear parts were non-tinted clear plastic painted with clear colours. But I never tested Bandai's to see if that is true with them or not.

I don't know if it's just me but the plastic does look a little bit translucent. So it look more like a toy compared to any my Renewal Valkyries. Something about that shade of beige is not good looking to me. Perhaps it looks better in hand.

So it comes with a printed SMS logo on the stand? Why didn't the YF-29 30th Anniversary came with one? :(

Shipping notification from NY just a bit ago, that said I'm incredibly nervous that they sent me (2) unique EMS Tracking Numbers. I did order two copies but I find it odd that they'd ship in separate boxes.

Fingers crossed.

-b.

Did you order them individually? If so they will send you two packages because they never combine orders until you ask them. I asked them once to combine orders and their answer was that shipping will be more expensive when I combine the orders. Go figure. ^_^

I know there's not a great amount of plastic there but they're fortunately not too expensive. And now that I think of it, they could be even cheaper.

Edited by Reïvaj