Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

Which flaws if I may ask?

Manly floppy hips and outer engine nacelles. Plus easy scratch-able paint on the nosecone.

Then there are warped head lasers that seem to yellow faster then the rest of the plane. Both issues might not be present on the Isamu Custom since it comes with different head lasers.

My YF-29 Focker Custom has a miss-molded hip armor but I'm the only one that has that problem apparently.

Edited by Scyla

Manly floppy hips and outer engine nacelles. Plus easy scratch-able paint on the nosecone.

Then there are warped head lasers that seem to yellow faster then the rest of the plane. Both issues might not be present on the Isamu Custom since it comes with different head lasers.

My YF-29 Focker Custom has a miss-molded hip armor but I'm the only one that has that problem apparently.

Do you mind confirming if your YF-29 Anniversary Edition have floppy hips like the Alto releases? I have a copy but have yet to transform it because I'm trying to avoid loosening joints.

-b.

While piloting the YF-29, I'm sure Isamu would need to wear a flight suit that works with the EX-Gear system so logically his figure should just be a recolor of existing ones.

Was he shown piloting one without the EX-Gear? I thought the 25, 27, 29, the retrofitted 171EX and presumably 30 were all built using the EX-Gear interface, without one those valks would be non-functional as there would be no controls in the cockpit itself.

In cutscenes of Macross 30, we just see him wearing his standard Macross Plus flight suit while sitting the EX-gear ejection seat set up...thing.

It is floppy to a degree where it can't hold any pose and will collapse under its own weight when the Super Parts are attached. It is not helping that the metal clamp of the hips wont stay locked into its position and that Yf-29 is missing the space for the crotch piece that the Super VF-27 has to achieve full crotch thrust.

Oh, that. Well, I expect it to be tighter out of the box like the last VF-25 releases, but IMO nothing will deliver us from easy scratch-able paint and eventual floppiness over time.

Do you mind confirming if your YF-29 Anniversary Edition have floppy hips like the Alto releases? I have a copy but have yet to transform it because I'm trying to avoid loosening joints.

-b.

I inspected yesterday an extra MISB copy I had that's a floppy mess out of he box. Although I don't know what causes it, my conclusion is that your copy won't remain tight only by keeping it untouched.

Oh, that. Well, I expect it to be tighter out of the box like the last VF-25 releases, but IMO nothing will deliver us from easy scratch-able paint and eventual floppiness over time.

I inspected yesterday an extra MISB copy I had that's a floppy mess out of he box. Although I don't know what causes it, my conclusion is that your copy won't remain tight only by keeping it untouched.

Thanks for checking Reivaj, that's really too bad. The 29 had grown on me from a design standpoint (although I hate the Fast Packs) and it's disappointing that there isn't a stronger representation in toy form.

Generally it can be tightened up.

If you're referring to tightening screws at or around the shoulders and hips they don't stay tight. Even in static poses unfortunately the joints loosen over time.

-b.

Thanks for checking Reivaj, that's really too bad. The 29 had grown on me from a design standpoint (although I hate the Fast Packs) and it's disappointing that there isn't a stronger representation in toy form.

If you're referring to tightening screws at or around the shoulders and hips they don't stay tight. Even in static poses unfortunately the joints loosen over time.

-b.

The best 'repair' seems to be disassembling the joint and coating the ball joint with nail polish. My 25F has a floppy left leg straight out of the box :(

For those of you who pre-ordered from Nippon Yasan, they just updated their page to indicate that it will be available in 12/23. Since the Bandai release date is supposedly 12/21, I'm guessing that that 12/23 is the earliest it will ship from them once they receive it.

Just my luck, I will be overseas from 25th onwards so I won't be able to receive it..

Anyone with experience with NY can enlighten me if they will hold orders? Or if it is possible for me to change my shipping address so someone else takes it for me, having already paid for it?

I think changing shipping addresses should not be an issue. I had to change it for the VF-25A and they did (even if I never got any notification that they did so). However it was before I payed for it so I can't say for sure. Best bet would be their facebook page. From what I heard they are more responsive there.

Just my luck, I will be overseas from 25th onwards so I won't be able to receive it..

Anyone with experience with NY can enlighten me if they will hold orders? Or if it is possible for me to change my shipping address so someone else takes it for me, having already paid for it?

You can change the shipping address, don't worry. Go to the "History and details of your orders", click on "Details" and ask them to change the address on the message board. Use their FB page too just in case.

I wouldn't trust NY with any changes to your order. Had to make a return and they gave me the wrong delivery address to their own office twice (which I had to pay shipping on twice). Then there are two shipments I have with them that have been floating around between Japan and the US for months. They accused me of having an incorrect address in their system.... problem is I haven't changed my address with them & have received all my packages they have sent (with the exception of these last two orders). I've pretty much written off the $350 in shipping and merchandise that was paid out. That company is seriously disorganized.

Well, just paid for my NY order. I have one pre-order left with them and hopefully once that's fulfilled I can find an alternate source for any Japanese web-exclusive releases - either that or they're able to address whatever is going on to cause them to have these random, and preventable issues.

AND

I hope this YF-29 is problem-free.

-b.

Best method to contact NY is through their contact form on their website and be very polite, it takes them around 2 working days to answer.

I remembered when I complained heavily about Yamato's FP that I called "ovepriced", I was so young and naive.

Thank you Bandai for teaching me about true corporate greed and how to trully overprice 6 pieces of plastic that will make the valk more loose and hard to stand.

Best method to contact NY is through their contact form on their website and be very polite, it takes them around 2 working days to answer.

I remembered when I complained heavily about Yamato's FP that I called "ovepriced", I was so young and naive.

Thank you Bandai for teaching me about true corporate greed and how to trully overprice 6 pieces of plastic that will make the valk more loose and hard to stand.

Come on the YF-29 Super Parts are not that bad....

..yes they are

:D

Those silver boosters look good. I won't be getting these however. Not a fan of the 29's super parts. Will be leaving mine bare :)

Please do get it. I do dislike my 29's supers but i feel that having those feels more complete. At least i can have the option of switching to put it on or off. Better PO a set than realise u want it when the price soars for 6 pieces of plasti . Plus, this one has a more coherent colour scheme that fits the valk unlike my Alto's.

Please do get it. I do dislike my 29's supers but i feel that having those feels more complete. At least i can have the option of switching to put it on or off. Better PO a set than realise u want it when the price soars for 6 pieces of plasti . Plus, this one has a more coherent colour scheme that fits the valk unlike my Alto's.

Not really looking to be a completionist haha. Can't justify spending to make the plane look worse off than it is. The supers are just weird looking in fighter. That harpoon attachment spoils it. Adds too much to the look.

We'll see in the future anyway. But I doubt I'll get them haha.

NY? ive had some troubles but they arent top bad. Have u tried calling them? I sortd out my 2 issues with them that way in like... 2 minutes

They were really good when I first started to buy stuff from them, but the last few months have been really bad. About a 2 months ago they told me one of my two missing orders arrived back at their office after I inquired about it. They told me the address in their system was wrong and I needed to pay them to have it re-shipped. I checked with Paypal, checked my account on their website, & and my address was correct on both sites. I asked them to send me a photo of the shipping label so we could figure out what the problem was. That request was ignored, so I asked them for a refund minus their initial shipping costs. (Since they had the merchandise I though was a reasonable request). They get back to me and say they refuse to give me a refund and are just going to re-ship the package. It's been about a month and I still haven't seen it yet.

Anyway, to keep this on topic I cancelled the 2 YF-29's I had on order with them. Just a heads up if any of you are planning to order these fast packs from them.

Not really looking to be a completionist haha. Can't justify spending to make the plane look worse off than it is. The supers are just weird looking in fighter. That harpoon attachment spoils it. Adds too much to the look.

We'll see in the future anyway. But I doubt I'll get them haha.

You don't need to deploy the "harpoons" if you don't like them ^_^