Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

Is it safe to not pay upfront for the preorders at NY? Will I get booted from the line vs peopel who paid in full?

From my experience I got served pretty late for paying a long time upfront. For other orders I got the shipping notice early when I paid after the invoice was sent to me. I've never heard that NY had to cancel orders because the received insufficient stock (in fact they seem to have plenty units in stock after release).

However I can imagine that if they run into a stock shortage they will serve the people first who already paid for their orders.

If we're talking about this specific item you will get your item because Bandai will produce your toy just for you if you place an order. NY will sell it to you if you still want it when it's released.

Be aware that when you order in Yen that your credit card will be charged with the exchange rate when you pay the order. That means If you place your order know in Yen and in the next six month (under the assumption that the toy is released in six month) the currencies change you have to calculate this change into your budget. This can be either good or bad since it can mean that you pay less for the toy than you initially estimated but it can be also the other way round. Just keep this in mind when you place your order.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The paint scheme looks really cool. I cannot decide whether to get this or the upcoming YF-19. Do you guys know if this version of the YF-29 will come with Super Parts?

the 29 won't include the supers in the package but traditionally bandai will offer the super parts as a web exclusive separately. imo the 19 looks way better but to each their own. (i own a yf 29)

I did not care about Alto and 30th anniversary scheme, but this one I cannot pass up. Just ordered from NY. I might have gotten the last one since the preorder button is gray out now. I thought Tamashi Web Shop would last until the official preorder period is closed?

Edited: It is weird. I logged out then now see the preorder button is back. Sorry for the false alarm.

Edited by 94medition

Ugh, the VF-25S Ren. and it's full armor is sooo difficult to get at a good price. I have the v1, but missed out on the renewal. I think I'll pre-order this one just because Brera was a threatening pilot. Who do you guys think was the best fighter pilot in Macross Frontier: Alto Saotome, Ozma Lee, or Brera Sterne?

I missed most of the MacrossF releases because life happened and the models and figures had to be cut from the budget temporarily. It was at the worst time! I was just starting to collect Macross Zero figures and the 1/60 Yamatos began hitting their stride soon afterward. It's good to be on the other side of it. This will be my first Bandai Valkyrie. Any tips for the noob? I already read Graham's note about the shoulders earlier. This YF-29 and the new YF-19 both have me excited (my wallet, not so much).

still debating on getting a 2nd (to pose in either battoroid or fighter mode), because the plane is just so sexy....
Already skipping the VF-1S as I have a v2, but I do need to make room and budget for the future YF-19....if the price is right... ahh decisions....

still debating on getting a 2nd (to pose in either battoroid or fighter mode), because the plane is just so sexy....

Already skipping the VF-1S as I have a v2, but I do need to make room and budget for the future YF-19....if the price is right... ahh decisions....

I know, I almost want 2 but feel I should restrain myself.

Restrain now...regret later...

With the Isamu YF-29 to me buy what you want now as it's easy to order and plus the fact this will most likely never be reissued due to it being tamashii exclusive. If you don't get it now, most likely you will end up paying a nice premium after it's been released.

Since this thing may be a one off I preordered one, I've tried my best to try and like this valk, but I really despise its design along with the rest of the Frontier ones.

If I don't like it in person I may sell it after it's no longer available and see what scalping feels like. :ph34r:

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Since this thing may be a one off I preordered one, I've tried my best to try and like this valk, but I really despise its design along with the rest of the Frontier ones.

If I don't like it in person I may sell it after it's no longer available and see what scalping feels like. :ph34r:

Not even the Cannon Fodder Tan of the VF-25A?

What's the problem with the hips? Aren't they the same as on the 25's?

Also, I did not notice it has forearm cannons as well. Are they on the other YF-29 variants?

Hips get really loose on the yf-29, my alto always wants to do the splits now, I tried tightening the screws but it only worked for one leg,

And yes the forearm cannons are on the others, I wish they painted them grey like the leg pods on the isamu ver.

Edited by Murphy

It's never been confirmed what those things on the forearm are, but all the information on the YF-29 translated so far does not mention them being cannon. I'm thinking they are either thrusters or chaff and flare launchers.

Graham

Assuming you mean the rotation point at the engines, I just coated the outside flat surfaces of the wings with something to tighten them up while level. The hinges are still floppy when not centered, but they hit a nice solid point when they're level now.