Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

I'm gonna pass on this release. The YF-29 that I have (the 30th Anniversary) has the worst finish of all my Bandai pieces. Loose joints, paint smudges and chipping paint all over the place. I will wait for Arcadias YF-19. (In addition I have an eye on the VF-1S reissue later this year). :)

I hope for many orders though so that Bandai can gauge the demand for these toys properly. So go on and order a whole squadron of this one. :D

:( . Sorry to hear that.

Maybe I´m lucky, but neither mine, or some people I know from facebook, have any problems at all with the 30th....

Even so, It´s quite a delicate paint app.... a wrong move, and a piece of paint folds into hyperspace.

I assume that the tightness of the joints will get loose with every release of the toy due to the molds wearing down. The sub standard paint application on mine not be a widespread issue so lets hope that the paint on this release sticks a little bit better to the surfaces. Especially on the metal shoulder bits and the nosecone. Oh and don't forget the issue with the shoulder pauldrons during transformation....

... it is a good thing that this variant does not have the fin on the head so one less thing you have to worry when opening the package. Oh and on mine one of the hip-thingies his some kind of malformed because it cannot sit flush against the fuselage in Fighter-Mode.

My version has so many issues that I cannot count them all. :D

I guess that's the joy of collecting foreign toys. I really hope all your shiny new YF-29 Isamu Custom Valkyries come in pristine condition.

I'm gonna pass on this release. The YF-29 that I have (the 30th Anniversary) has the worst finish of all my Bandai pieces. Loose joints, paint smudges and chipping paint all over the place. I will wait for Arcadias YF-19. (In addition I have an eye on the VF-1S reissue later this year). :)

I hope for many orders though so that Bandai can gauge the demand for these toys properly. So go on and order a whole squadron of this one. :D

The finish and joints on my 30th anniversary YF-29 are fine thankfully. They only real problem I have with the 29 series is that the shoulder armor constantly falls off when transforming back to battroid mode.

Graham

I still wonder why they never match the fold crystals and canopy to the visor on battroid.

Also, I'm wondering if this is to test the waters for other Mac 30 valks? Kinda mean to brand this one with the Macross 30 logo, which has the YF-30 right on it, and never actually release the 30. Yeah, yeah. I will stop harping on that now. Everybody knows I want a 30.

It's a web-exclusive, so it's made to order, plenty of stock for everybody.

Can somebody explain how this works, so even if Bandai only gets a preorder for 500 units during the window, they will only make 500 units? No wonder the aftermarket values skyrocket for the web exclusives.

Can somebody explain how this works, so even if Bandai only gets a preorder for 500 units during the window, they will only make 500 units? No wonder the aftermarket values skyrocket for the web exclusives.

Except for the pre-orders that aren't paid for at release, yes. Made to order with no extras. The down side is if you don't have the money or you're not sure you like it until after the pre-sale you're SOL.