Moscato Defender... finished!

cool8or

Hello guys, long time without posting something new. But, I'm still alive! My job has been very hard and I didn't have more time to the hobby, but fortunately it seems like things are going better, and I'm having a little more free time.

This is my newest build, the 1/72 Destroid mastered by Captain America. The chips were made by the revolutionary product "Paint Off", produced by a Chilean Company called "K4". You can cantact them by mail to: k4weathering@gmail.com .

As always, it was a pleasure to built another Moscato Masterpiece. I hope do you like it!

do9k.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
9kp0.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
dms4.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
h8ih.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
uwn6.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
kvqa.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
gtyg.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
ny3m.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
75ao.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
izw2.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
3wfe.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
Here there are some pieces of the Spartan and behind, the hull of the 1/72 Monster!
ntrn.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
rais.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
Edited by cool8or

Beautiful, just beautiful! Your work always impresses me. I like the little the way the feet are weathered a bit more than the rest of the destroid and you painted the hydraulics inside the back of the foot! Just amazing...

If only we could fly you and your kits up here for the convention in October! That'd be awesome to see in person.

Anyway, one question, where did you get the pilot figure? The Moscato destroids don't come with pilots.

Anyway, one question, where did you get the pilot figure? The Moscato destroids don't come with pilots.

I'm going to guess that he slightly modified a Studio Starforge pilot. I've used them in my last 2 builds, and it looks the same, except for the pointy chin.

Thank you guys for your kind words.

Jefuemon is absolutely right, the pilot is a little customization of a Studio Starforge Macross pilot. It's very simple, you only need to modify the helmet. Initially, I wanted to use the Wave pilot that comes with their Destroids (in fact I have the Defender, I bought it to another proyect), but these pilots are incredibly undersized! They are just like the VF-25 Bandai's pilots... ridiculous. In the other hand, Starforge pilots have the perfect size and are incredibly detailed. You have to own these!

Paint Off is like a paint remover, that acts over water-solved paints. The procedure is quite simple. First, you need to apply a color base with a lacquer based paint, i.e. a oxide or rust color. After that, apply all your color scheme just like you were painting a brand new model. When the paint is dried (a couple of hours, 1 day afer, a month later... nevermind!!) moist a hard hair brush with "paint off" and rud it hard in the corners and edges where you want to make the chips. The paint will removes exactly like you see in my model. You will need only a couple times to dominate the technique... it's far simplier and better than the hairspray technique!

Oh, and I used the Mr. Color paints (water based) indicated in the Wave Intructions.

Regards.

hi GMK, the pinup was printed in a regular inkjet printer, with Testors decal paper. the art appeared in the "Macross Hobby Hand Book", is very old.

Thank you guys for your kind words.

Jefuemon is absolutely right, the pilot is a little customization of a Studio Starforge Macross pilot. It's very simple, you only need to modify the helmet. Initially, I wanted to use the Wave pilot that comes with their Destroids (in fact I have the Defender, I bought it to another proyect), but these pilots are incredibly undersized! They are just like the VF-25 Bandai's pilots... ridiculous. In the other hand, Starforge pilots have the perfect size and are incredibly detailed. You have to own these!

Paint Off is like a paint remover, that acts over water-solved paints. The procedure is quite simple. First, you need to apply a color base with a lacquer based paint, i.e. a oxide or rust color. After that, apply all your color scheme just like you were painting a brand new model. When the paint is dried (a couple of hours, 1 day afer, a month later... nevermind!!) moist a hard hair brush with "paint off" and rud it hard in the corners and edges where you want to make the chips. The paint will removes exactly like you see in my model. You will need only a couple times to dominate the technique... it's far simplier and better than the hairspray technique!

Oh, and I used the Mr. Color paints (water based) indicated in the Wave Intructions.

Regards.

Another useful trick for creating paint chips, in addition to Ruben's technique: once you apply the lacquer or enamel metallic base and let it dry, use a way crayon to lightly nick some spots along the edges or randomly on the surface of your part. You can also use some orange/brown chalk pastel mixed with water to create a rusty-colored mud that you apply with a very small brush in strategic areas. Let try, and then paint with your desired acrylic surface color.

Once the surface paint has dried, use some masking tape rolled around your finger to pull away surface paint over the wax or pastel. It will provide not only realistic paint chips, but also the realistic appearance of rust/corrosion. :ph34r: