what? which? and where my first macross collectable

goobahead1

i want to buy my first macross but i know nothing about it, i was told i dont really need to watch the show to appreciate the collectables and i somewhat agree. i have 230-260 usd to spend on macross. what im looking for is a fun well made figure that has a lot of playability (one that is compatible with multiple add-on sets would be nice but not needed) and is sort of a central macross that i can build my collection around if i do decide to collect. so basically im looking for the optimus prime of macross (i want my first macross to be a hero) also where should i buy from to get the best deals because ive checked on ebay and there extremely expensive!

Edited by goobahead1

Wait for 2014 if you want the definitive Macross Hero Valk - YF-19 Isamu Dyson from Macross Plus. Assumming the necessary improvements are made, it will be the best Macross offering at this point in terms of playability, durability, and collectibility.