Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

Seriously at this point I could give two shits less about any upcoming valk figures, I really just want to get my hands on a Hikaru 1J and Roy 1S, then I can be done with Macross valks for a while. Of all things they decide to re-issue the 19 Kai? The hero VF-1s like the Hikaru 1J and Roy 1S are selling for insane prices, especially the 30th Anniversary ones with the extra parts, I know myself and many people would also like another shot at a 1D, I'm pretty sure I can buy a Kai right now shipped for about $160 USD, the Kai is not rare, we don't want another Kai. If anything it seems like people would just like the extra mini pilot and band figures, sell those bundled with that never released sound cannon thing or whatever then everyone can be happy.

Seriously at this point I could give two shits less about any upcoming valk figures, I really just want to get my hands on a Hikaru 1J and Roy 1S, then I can be done with Macross valks for a while. Of all things they decide to re-issue the 19 Kai? The hero VF-1s like the Hikaru 1J and Roy 1S are selling for insane prices, especially the 30th Anniversary ones with the extra parts, I know myself and many people would also like another shot at a 1D, I'm pretty sure I can buy a Kai right now shipped for about $160 USD, the Kai is not rare, we don't want another Kai. If anything it seems like people would just like the extra mini pilot and band figures, sell those bundled with that never released sound cannon thing or whatever then everyone can be happy.

If Arcadia would have bundled the sound bazooka with this upcoming release it would have forced my hand into buying one....so at least there is still some hope of the sound bazooka being released separately or perhaps as a webshop exclusive.

I'm curious as to what sort of success the repaint Kai will have....I'm guessing the only way it can "sell-out" is if it is released in very low numbers.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I really just want to get my hands on a Hikaru 1J and Roy 1S, The hero VF-1s like the Hikaru 1J and Roy 1S are selling for insane prices, especially the 30th Anniversary ones with the extra parts.

imho, those are the best versions avail if you can find them.

• 2 weeks later...

WAVE is already doing the 1/100 kits.

I wish Arcadia would have started out with a VF-1A CF - Special Battle Damaged Edition, instead of the ugly anniversary valk.

Imagine a weathered, all shot up Fodder? It would include BOTH DYRL and TV super parts and heads.

What a cool way to kick off their new ownership . . .

Is there any chance Arcadia could produce VF-1 valks in 1/100 scale?

Would you expert guys tell me your opinions? Thanks beforehand..

I actually sugested this.

But that was during the non-transforming Gnu figures they did.

It's too late now imo since collectors already have the larger perfect transformation toys so they would put the smaller perfect transformation toys lower on their list of priorities. Sales of one canibalise the sales of the other.

Maybe there will be need for it if the bigger toys go out of the price range of toy collectors. I think they are still in the range of the toy collector because if you save up your money over the year you could get at least one of them. Whether it is good value is up for debate though since older toys had similar or higher level of quality as newer toys and still you can get them cheaper than the new ones. But if you want something really badly you will find a way to get it. (ie sell old crap before the newer better crap arrives to help pay for it)

I'm not really a collector in that sense because I usually just get one or two from the series which I like but not everything within a set. But I can't say the overpriced toys are out of my range. Since I buy them still.

Depending on how new a show is, I think that helps to get price down a bit.

If a show is new there is an active community for the show since the show is an ad for the toys and they can mass produce those that appear in the show. Macross Plus on the other hand was old and I guess not as popular as Mac7 in japan so that is probably why we pay premium. There is also less to milk. With SDFM the VF-1 comes in many paint variants so they can milk the same toy over and over again. You can't do that as much with YF-19 since in the OVA there is only one. That means less overall repaints to collectors and less money. So they rape the wallets of the ones buying the one toy and here we are now debating about whether the expensive toys are worth it for what you get.

Personally I would love to see re-emergence of Himetal and would buy a YF-19 and YF-21 himetal but to be honest who on here would do it? If they already have larger version they probably will use the money on something else. I think if we preorder that also helps. Putting all the money into their pockets ahead of time to say you want this and are willing to front up the cash, might convince them for the more unpopular things.

We still need some macross II toys. Himetal VF-2 would be cool. But you got to prove it with money guys.

And the timing has to be good. remember when those revoltechs came out? That would have been perfect because revoltechs do not have the PT of the Himetal 1/100. But nooooo.....yamato was lazy and decided on non-transforming GnU figs which didn't have as good super posability as the revoltech macross toys.

If Himetal came out during the Revoltech figures, I think it wold have done better imo. (could be wrong though and people think cheaper super posable small figures that can't transform is better than PT small figures with quality materials but at high price)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Roy 1S got released in December... plenty to be had for about $200 shipped if you missed it.

Here is the cheapest one on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARCADIA-MACROSS-1-60-VF-1S-ROY-FOCKER-SPECIAL-MOVIE-VER-WITH-DISPLAY-STAND-/281221904829?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimationCharacters_Anime_SM&hash=item417a21b9bd

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

I'm beginning to get curious again if Arcadia has the VF-1 rights. It seems like such a no-brainer to make more of them and it's totally crickets on that front. Maybe they were able to carry the Yamato rights over and then those expired and now they need to get them back or something?

I'm beginning to get curious again if Arcadia has the VF-1 rights. It seems like such a no-brainer to make more of them and it's totally crickets on that front. Maybe they were able to carry the Yamato rights over and then those expired and now they need to get them back or something?

seriously, are we gonna go down the whole doomsday speculation thing again? after everything that's happened to prove otherwise, we still wanna go there just because there hasn't been a vf-1 release in like, 6 months? not that i even want another vf-1 toy anyway, but mwers seem infatuated with the panic button sometimes!

Edited by cyde01

seriously, are we gonna go down the whole doomsday speculation thing again? after everything that's happened to prove otherwise, we still wanna go there just because there hasn't been a vf-1 release in like, 6 months? not that i even want another vf-1 toy or anyway, but mwers seem infatuated with the panic button sometimes!

You rang?

:p

post-357-0-39593900-1401930942.png

Yeah, I'm sure they will get around to more VF-1's at some point. Let Arcadia take their time and release things in a way that's fiscally responsible for their longevity.

-b.

seriously, are we gonna go down the whole doomsday speculation thing again? after everything that's happened to prove otherwise, we still wanna go there just because there hasn't been a vf-1 release in like, 6 months? not that i even want another vf-1 toy or anyway, but mwers seem infatuated with the panic button sometimes!

There's also meta-panic, when people get overly excited about some minor comment and start screaming that everyone is panicking.

Isn't it that way how herds behave?

LOL - you know there's only two dudes actually talking about "panicking" and "not-panicking" and then there's only two dudes (that would be me and you) making light of it all. Hardly a herd. :lol:

-b.

Arcadia should give the destroids a second chance. Do 1 each year.

Am I missing something? Why is there so many people wanting a Destroid every now and then? When it was released and even on sale, no one mentioned Destroid this and Destroid that. If I had a dollar for every Destroid request read in various threads here, I'd be a rich man by now. :p

It's becoming too funny for me now. Maybe I'll join you guys and start posting: Destroids all over the boards. Better yet I'll go to the Transformer forums and Destroiding them first. :)

For me, all I wish is a better stand like the Arm Launch ones from Yamato.

There's also meta-panic, when people get overly excited about some minor comment and start screaming that everyone is panicking.

i'm just glad that we are out of the phase where there were pages after pages of endless speculation about do they have or don't they have so-and-so license, and i'm not in a hurry to get back in that phase anytime soon!

Am I missing something? Why is there so many people wanting a Destroid every now and then? When it was released and even on sale, no one mentioned Destroid this and Destroid that. If I had a dollar for every Destroid request read in various threads here, I'd be a rich man by now. :p

It's becoming too funny for me now. Maybe I'll join you guys and start posting: Destroids all over the boards. Better yet I'll go to the Transformer forums and Destroiding them first. :)

For me, all I wish is a better stand like the Arm Launch ones from Yamato.

Well, this is a "wish" list thread....makes sense to do it here than in some other thread....as long as folks stay true to the original intent of the thread...I say let them post/wish for whatever they want....

Jiminy_cricket.jpg

I wish for a bunch of 1/60 accessories including hangar, maintenance / transport vehicles, figures (characters and maintenance crew), diorama of SDF bridge, etc..

It should be minimal cost to make and they could charge a huge markup and I would still buy them.

I wish for a bunch of 1/60 accessories including hangar, maintenance / transport vehicles, figures (characters and maintenance crew), diorama of SDF bridge, etc..

It should be minimal cost to make and they could charge a huge markup and I would still buy them.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,!!!!!

and more 1/60 accesories!!!!

Thanks JV - Because I'm wishing for a 1/60 Phalanx . . .

I wish for your wishes to be combined and released as an Arcadia bundle!!! ^_^

60th Scale

Release VT-1 & VF-1D with option parts

Glaug

Atmospheric Booster for the Glaug

Customs colors like the Stealth and Low Vis like what Yam did for the 48th's.

Rerelease the 4G at a non insane price.

60th scale Low Vis urban armor or the VF-1

Maybe a Lancer and Ghost non transforming two pack.

Atmospheric Booster for the VF-1

Phalanx

Spartan

Regult (Omni with the different missile extras)

60th Scale

Glaug

Phalanx

Spartan

:hail:

And Monster, QF-3000E Ghost , X-9 Ghost, Drone Fighter, Destroid Cheyenne!!

Or I could just post this again :).

vf-14-m3blue-battroid.gifvf-14-m3blue-fighter.gif

Lots of members have that one valk that they love, some buy 3 VF-171s, some buy 3 VF-19s, I would totally buy 3 vampires if Arcadia made them. On a side note, does anyone know what this thing looks like in gerwalk, I can't find anything.

:hail:

And Monster, QF-3000E Ghost , X-9 Ghost, Drone Fighter, Destroid Cheyenne!!

60th Scale

Glaug

Phalanx

Spartan

Or I could just post this again :).

vf-14-m3blue-battroid.gifvf-14-m3blue-fighter.gif

Lots of members have that one valk that they love, some buy 3 VF-171s, some buy 3 VF-19s, I would totally buy 3 vampires if Arcadia made them. On a side note, does anyone know what this thing looks like in gerwalk, I can't find anything.

and VA-3 of course, as I'm going to forget. :D

With the new series coming, I'm hoping Arcadia gets the Frontier license. Hopefully I've been holding out for something even better, even though bandai have improved since their first run of 1/60s.

Well, to say it shortly, it looks like crap.

attachicon.gif131215e.jpg

IMHO, of course.

While I'm sure Arcadia could pull off something a little better looking, I'd definitely accept that the VF-14 is a valk with an unflattering gerwalk, it would be a fighter or battroid only valk for me like the VF-17, VF-19, and VF-4.

That looks busy but awesome

Right! It's just full of so much ass-kickery that it can't help but to be awesome. :D

Oh, and apologies for those that have seen me make this "1" wish several dozen times already.

-b.

While I'm sure Arcadia could pull off something a little better looking, I'd definitely accept that the VF-14 is a valk with an unflattering gerwalk, it would be a fighter or battroid only valk for me like the VF-17, VF-19, and VF-4.

Well, that's all because it should look like this:

fz-109a-gerwalk.gif

Though I'll grant you that it still isn't great in GERWALK; certainly not as good as many of the other VFs.