Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

I just had an idea. And because this is the Internet and I'm totally self centered I have to share it even if you don't care about it. :p

Arcadia make me an Aquarion that can transform and can stand up! Show Bandai how to design this toy like a boss!

Seriously I would buy it....

....probably!

Edited by Scyla

More diorama products like for instance the lift elevator in the beginning sequence of the SDF TV series where the VF-1J is being transported to the top surface launch deck. If Hot Toys can make dioramas for their uber expensive toys why not Arcadia?

Completely agree.

Here is something Bandai just released for their RS Dunbine line:

The Fow, a vehicle never in toy form before, that was in almost evert episode of the show:

• Gate and cloud diorama from the OP

• Pilot figures

• Mini glider

Wish Arcadia would go beyond the standard hero mechs into creativity like this . . .

post-8486-0-12425100-1390575136_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-13040500-1390575155_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-54646700-1390575162_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-48863300-1390575184_thumb.jpg

To be fair, that thing is a Tamashii Web Exclusive item that costs 12,600 yen (almost $130 dollars) and is sized for a six-inch action figure. Do you think people would buy a diorama set for a much larger Valkyrie toy if it cost more than the toy it's made to go with?

Think it's been suggested before to include parts for a hangar diorama with each destroid....especially if releasing a Spartan and Phalanx, along with re-issues of the Defender and Tomahawk....but most potential buyers would probably pass if it also meant raising the price...

Wonder if we'll ever see a Spartan and Phalanx 1/60...... :(

Very sad. The one Destroid I own is a piece of quality work and makes me feel a little bad for not supporting the line...but I'd pretty much buy a Valk over a Destroid any day of the week.

I never bought any of the Destroids because it's heard the hinge in the waist can be finicky and weak and I didn't want it to flop forward or back. Maybe I read too much into it. Also, they only made one that I wanted, the Tomahawk.

Edited by Mommar

I don't know how accurate all this is discussion really is. Yeah I'm sure a lot of people didn't buy Destroids, but Yamato made bad business decisions for years and lost money. Plus they lost money on other lines like Votoms and Super Robots. They could have made them to order like they have done with other releases and created some really high quality collectibles. But it also had a lot to do with how the global economy tanked in 08 and 09. Toy companies were making everything and suddenly a lot of income dried up where the less popular mecha wouldn't be bought.

If one person can't afford a $90 dollar destroid, it doesn't mean a ton of other people wouldn't pay $130 or more. It may not be as large of a group as would buy a VF-1J Hikaru, but the potential for profit is there.

Arcadia will stay smart, I hope, and only make mass market releases for popular gate-way hero stuff. Then they can do made to order runs for more obscure stuff, which will only make them more collectible.

Win-win situation if you ask me. haha.

At any rate. I have 3 destroids and I love them all. I don't think you can have a good valk display without them.

Edited by Gakken85

IMHO Arcadia was kindof iffy with their judgement on the market when they use an obsecure hasegawa's 30th paint scheme for their first release. They shouldve stayed on-course with the hero valks or paint schemes that appeal to both the fans and others. Just look at those deeply discounted *colorful* valks that none but few wants...

-sigh-

I hope they learned their lesson and become a market driven toy company (dunno if thats sounds serious or funny). We'll see what 4 paint schemes they'll announce in WF. Max & Miria are almost given, so two more slots to be filled...Alaskan base rumors (yawn) & X, where I hope X will be something more interesting.

Wonder if they'll throw in a baby pod with the Milia? I'll pick up a set to get them without the rainbow canopies and with the option parts...and the Alaska -1A if they make it....any other previously released VF-1 will be a pass for me....other than the anticipated VF-0D....I'm anticipating a long break from Arcadia...assuming they keep to their one new mold a year plan...

Edited by jvmacross

I'm curious what Yamato's biggest misstep was. Was it the GnuDou line? The VFC line? The destroids? We'll never know.

I think a lot of missteps added up over time + the global dump. It might not even have been that bad.. but you gotta think when they are making those giant Votoms that probably aren't selling super well... something isn't adding up. Plus they had their hands in diecast robots and other lines.

Probably too many different molds too soon and too quickly did them in.....would explain the more conservative approach that Arcadia is now taking....However, I think general releases on new molds is a mistake...they should have stuck with the VF-4 model of releases...and released all new molds as "made to order" and general releases for only the "in demand" re-releases....like the VT-1, Max/Milia VF-1J, VF-11C, VF-4G, etc....Guess only time will tell....

I never bought any of the Destroids because it's heard the hinge in the waist can be finicky and weak and I didn't want it to flop forward or back. Maybe I read too much into it. Also, they only made one that I wanted, the Tomahawk.

That waist swivel is super loose on mine for sure but everything else about my olive drab Tommy is great so it mitigates the disappointing looseness.

Yeah but I'm not a fan of tape. Ages badly and leaves annoying residue. I carefully remove all traces of tape and adhesive residue on my collectibles...especially the boxes.

So Mommar, I assume you don't own a single DX release? Avoiding toys with potentially loose joints is actually a brilliant way to keep spending in this hobby in check since I can only think of a few releases where that hasn't been a complaint.