Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

Not really into the uber bland TV valks, so the Alaska wouldn't do much for me.

Keep in mind they added as little detail as possible to make drawing and painting as easy and fast as possible.

How about a Destroid Spartan / Alaska Base double-pack?

Now that would have me sit up and pre-order . . .

I just assumed it'd be Max DYRL 1S next , since Arcadia milked the Hik & Roy .

If it is an Alaska 1A...my best guess for WF would be:

*DYRL Max

*Alaska 1A

*rare new mold.

(I hope it's 1A , not that I'd buy Alaska but because it may be Arcadia getting ready to milk other VF-1A variants..and that would be exciting!!)

meh...not really into alaska base variant. kinda look like a half-assed attempt to release a VF-1 variant.

my wallet will bite if they release badass variants like enigma or blue-rose, which I think will also appeal to non-macross fan base.

Edited by aaajin

I would even be happy if they just released 1/60 scale decals for Enigma, Minmay Guard, Blue Roses, etc. and make some more blank kits to put them on. Selling the super parts would be nice too. I really want an enigma scheme VF-1, but I don't know how I would handle making decals for that due to not being able to print white and also not having good clear scans of the squadron insignia available.

I would even be happy if they just released 1/60 scale decals for Enigma, Minmay Guard, Blue Roses, etc. and make some more blank kits to put them on. Selling the super parts would be nice too. I really want an enigma scheme VF-1,......

I would very much love to have a 1/60 VF-1 in Enigma scheme too

That and the VF-17S Milia would have been perfect Macross Chronicle exclusives....

100% agree.

I was thinking about this the other night. I bet they're going to announce Super Parts at Wonder Festival but the super parts will come with armors to make them standard color, blue, or red. They'll also announce stand alone (no super part included) versions of Max & Miriya VF-1J.. That's my guess.

Edited by jenius

Nope! The reprint is past 50 issues now heading into a run of 80 issues I think (that's 30 more issues than the first printing). I have them all so far AND I own the first run of 50 issues too. I'm either a dedicated fan or I may have a hole in my head! :p

Edited by xrentonx

Aren't/Don't we all? :p

An Alaska Base VF-1 as completionist as it sounds, it's kinda disappointing. I was hoping for something more. Then again, it might not even be it. Mr. K may just be trying to throw people off guard for the next release :rolleyes: We'll get to know it very soon now..

Alaska base? Uh... someone is too much of a diehard for completing the universe. The Alaska Base should be like an event exclusive or something.

Why? Shouldn't everyone who wants to buy it be able to?

Is it really that good of a idea to exclude people from buying Macross toys?

Mr_K answered my twit, I guess they really are going forward with the Alaska base :p

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/423642931589689344

こんにちは。ご指摘ありがとうございます。 個人的にこの場面写の尾翼は「作画の遊び」に思いますので、配色を変えております。

"Hi there Thank you pointed out. Tail of this scene shot because I think the "play of the drawing" Personally I am changing the color scheme."

What's wrong with Alaska base? People have been whining and wanting it for a while.

What just because it's not something incredible it's bad?

I think your all getting Arcadiaidous.

Meaning what was wanted by Yamato is now deemed dumb for Arcadia.

No sense you make.

At least it's not a damn kakizaki!

I've never cared much for TV Valks, except for Hikaru's.

Alaska base is basically a canon fodder with green instead of brown... meh.

People want it because they saw it for a few seconds on the show, but I feel like you could just paint a white yamato kit if you're dying for one.

I wouldn't have wanted Yamato to do it either.

Waaaaaaay too many cool and interesting schemes out there and I feel like Arcadia should do something exciting. Shrug.

I want different and really special schemes to keep collecting.

Looks like this was already in the works 2 years ago:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36914

So Mr. K probably just wants to get it out for completions sake. I'm ok with that I guess. Plus the more they turn them out the better they'll streamline the process on the bright side haha

Edited by Gakken85

What's wrong with Alaska base? People have been whining and wanting it for a while.

No sense you make.

What's wrong with the Alaska Base is exactly what was wrong with all of the Kakizaki incarnations....it will most likely become a shelf warmer....don't get me wrong. ..as a VF-1 completist....I want Arcadia to make it....but not sure if it is the kind of release they need right now....of course, if it is also announced that a tv SDF-1 or VF-5000 is also coming...then maybe the Alaska Base is just the new never released VF-1 that will come along with the reissue of the Max and Milia VF-1J's while we wait for the new mold at year's end....

Why? Shouldn't everyone who wants to buy it be able to?

Is it really that good of a idea to exclude people from buying Macross toys?

As others have noted, this will almost certainly be a shelf-warmer if not made specifically to order or in a tiny quantity. An exclusive is a good way for the toy you (and very few others) want but doesn't have sufficient size to warrant a widespread release. I know we all love buying valks at 60% off but that generally tells you that the company probably should have made less of the product.

I think this was shown previously as a reason for people to buy the VF-1A assembly kit.

No sense you make.

Fully agree, i even remembered how much people were looking forward to this scheme from this thread http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36914&page=1

I guess times changes and so does what people want. For me, i hope that if they ever finally release this, they would tampo it nicely like the CF 1J.

Don't get me wrong, there are better choices, but the backlash is backwards. It's a new scheme and it's signifying the SDFM license must have been aquired for sure.

From the twitter it looks like there's around 4 perfect transformation releases

That will be announced and a entirely new mold is one.

I personally don't really care for the Alaska base scheme. It was cool seeing people painting up customs of it themselves, but I'm not sure if selling this scheme is a good idea. It's very nearly just a color swap (with exception of the tail fins) with the Max and Kakizaki VF-1As and stores had trouble selling the Kakizaki versions even after Yamato had gone bye bye where everything else was getting snatched up first. This one is much more obscure, doesn't have any characters tied to it and, imo, not particularly interesting looking. Not really sure how well it will sell, but if they are made to order, then I suppose it doesn't matter too much. As long as the ones sold covers the cost to change the paint colors and they aren't losing money on it.