Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

I'd also like to wish for Arcadia to not go out of business (sorry Mospeada fans) and for them to do pose-able and/or adult oriented/smutty fixed pose figures of Macross characters.

Edited by anime52k8

I thought Megahouse and Good Smile was already doing that?

Has Good Smile done any Macross stuff besides their upcoming Nendoroids? I'm not sure. Either way, I like the Figures Yamato made and it seems like Arcadia will be continuing that side of the business uninterrupted. I think it would be cool to see their take on Macross characters. (More product from more makers is always good).

As for pose-able figures, I'd love to see Macross characters show up in Arcadia's C:MO line since it's basically figma style figures only bigger, heavier and with nicer stands.

Edited by anime52k8

Why are so many people sure Yamato went bankrupt and not simply merged with another company and/or changed its name?

If they merged with another company there would have been news items and press. Presumably the company they would have merged with would have been an existing company, not one quickly founded by a major investor/owner of Yamato. If they changed their name there would be news items and press (and it would have been stupid since the name Yamato had no ill-will associated with it). So, outside of any other evidence, it seems very likely Yamato went belly-up and Arcadia purchased some of Yamato's molds.

Has Good Smile done any Macross stuff besides their upcoming Nendoroids? I'm not sure. Either way, I like the Figures Yamato made and it seems like Arcadia will be continuing that side of the business uninterrupted. I think it would be cool to see their take on Macross characters. (More product from more makers is always good).

As for pose-able figures, I'd love to see Macross characters show up in Arcadia's C:MO line since it's basically figma style figures only bigger, heavier and with nicer stands.

Good Smile did the really expensive Sheryl Figure with the gears and her ass sticking out with the bunny tail... I'm sure there's a shorter name for it. lol. It's advertised as Max Factory but it's all over Good Smile's page and was at last year's Good Smile's booth... :huh:

I agree. Hopefully that Hikaru Save mentioned will show up at WF as part of that line.

If they merged with another company there would have been news items and press. Presumably the company they would have merged with would have been an existing company, not one quickly founded by a major investor/owner of Yamato. If they changed their name there would be news items and press (and it would have been stupid since the name Yamato had no ill-will associated with it). So, outside of any other evidence, it seems very likely Yamato went belly-up and Arcadia purchased some of Yamato's molds.

Actually, there's been no news items and press of any merger or acquisition but neither of bankruptcy. As nothing's been officially announced in any shape or form, we can only speculate. But considering the American version of Yamato's website is still up and running, listing all the products that are licensed and imported from outside Japan that will continue to be sold under their former Yamato branding (the North American Yamato USA (f.k.a. Toycom, Inc.) office is said to be unaffected by despite their Tokyo headquarters changes); that Arcadia don't seem to have had any copyright issues (franchise name and merchandising); that at least the staff dedicated to the Macross series have continued with Arcadia; and that the information I got from my sources isn't the same information you got, I'm still not sure they went to bankruptcy.

Why are so many people sure Yamato went bankrupt and not simply merged with another company and/or changed its name?

That was my theory too. Takara and Tomy did the same thing to cut costs and stay competitive.

-----

I'm sure I remember seeing Arcadia's name around before the 'merger'.

The VF-4G was web exclusive. I highly doubt they will release that scheme again.

Maybe someone at todays Wonderfest can ask Arcadia these questions themselves, but they probably wouldn't want to come across as being totally stupid...

Actually, there's been no news items and press of any merger or acquisition but neither of bankruptcy. As nothing's been officially announced in any shape or form, we can only speculate. But considering the American version of Yamato's website is still up and running, listing all the products that are licensed and imported from outside Japan that will continue to be sold under their former Yamato branding (the North American Yamato USA (f.k.a. Toycom, Inc.) office is said to be unaffected by despite their Tokyo headquarters changes); that Arcadia don't seem to have had any copyright issues (franchise name and merchandising); that at least the staff dedicated to the Macross series have continued with Arcadia; and that the information I got from my sources isn't the same information you got, I'm still not sure they went to bankruptcy.

You don't call the press and say "Hey, run a piece on my private company going bankrupt" since you're no longer selling anything and there's no reason for publicity. From what I understand, Arcadia had to acquire Yamato's licenses, they were not transferred over as part of a merger and that's why we've had such a big gap in the VF-1 toys being reissued. It's possible Yamato didn't go bankrupt. It might have been a case where a couple primary investors in the company had a big falling out and decided to liquidate so they could go their separate ways. One of those investors then creates a new company (Arcadia) and purchases the parts of Yamato he liked. Given all the downsizing in the toy industry and previous bankruptcies it seems like the most likely scenario is bankruptcy. As to Yamato USA, it's a separate company, it's my understanding they're only a distribution company. They didn't have much in the way of assets and are probably a perfectly viable company so why shut them down because a related company in a different country went bankrupt? Well, you'd have to shut them down if all they did was distribute Yamato of Japan toys because there'd be nothing left to distribute... but otherwise they could go their own way with their own creditors.

If I understand correctly, Yamato USA were at SDCC 2013 with new product.

I'm pretty sure they were at Comic-con... but I'm not into statuettes so I didn't bother looking. I would think they still distribute products made in Japan so there's nothing to make me doubt they would be there displaying new items they'll distribute.

For the VF-1 line-retracting wings for Battroid would go along way......oh wait that,s V3.o

And keep the trend of including some option parts with that line aswell.