Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

...All the original showrunners acted like they were too good for Macross for such a long time. Then they come back after MII reinvigorated interest in more of the franchise,

No, they came back because they didn't feel that MII did any justice to the original. If you want to make a case for arrogance, then really it was a case of "We're gonna show them how it's done". The thing is, they succeeded,because they knew what they were talking about.

Bunch of hypocrites, they'd probably have never worked another day on a Macross franchise had MII not come out.

I don't see how that is hypocritical -- it seems perfectly in line with their sentiments to me. You are right: they *didn't* want to do a sequel to Macross, and they would have gotten their wish if it wasn't for MacII. They felt pressured into doing it because MacII destroyed the legacy of the show.

I'm grateful for MacII that it was what led to Plus and 7. And I am glad to see it retired, having served its purpose. HG should do the same with Robotech, really. But that's another issue.

The Metal Siren does upon first glance seem rather un-macross-ish. I felt its design influence (for better or worse) came from a giant mosquito!

But if you remove the medieval-esque jousting lance it starts to have a VF-17(1)-ish thing going on.

And once you shorten its daggery point of a nose some, and remove the patriotic paint...you begin to recognize the classic lines making it feel like another suped-upgraded VF-1 (just like the VF-2 has done in our hearts) and it ends up not being so bad : )

va-1ss-gerwalk.jpg

...but also not that original. Just changing the wings and head doesn't constitute a really new valkyrie per say. I think it's clear that a majority of the design effort was invested into the VF-2, then perhaps the VF-2J Icarus, and then the leftovers were maybe given to make a quick-fix hero mech while running out of time, low on budget and empty of ideas.

Edited by Bobby

My wish -

Non-transforming fighter mode only Valkyries in 1/72 or 1/100 scale. With a price point under US$100. And perhaps made of diecast metal.

Oops, that's 3 wishes. :p

^This.

Also, reissue ALL previous Valks and accessories, for the VF-0's, the sculpt was fine, just fix the Goddamned flaws in the design itself. Tight fighter mode, non floppy Battroid and Gerwalk, and no more exploding shoulders, kthnx.

For the VF-22's, do away with the delimiter mode that no one ever really used.

While you're reissuing VF-1's, please issue a REAL low vis and Stealth version, with swappable extra 1A and 1J heads. For the model kit versions, please issue them with all grey bodies.

But at any and all costs, TAMPO PRINT EVERY MOTHERFRAKING THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shift+1=! If Bandai can do it, we know damned good and well Arcadia can too. In fact, if Moebius can issue pre built and painted Mark II Vipers with every detail printed for only $50 shipped or less, there's absolutely NO EXCUSE for Arcadia not to. PERIOD.

-Kyp

Yamato already re-released the Elint, but I guess there is always hope. I think if they go down that avenue again they will do the VT-1 and hopefully the Max and Millia first. I am tired of hearing the fans moan about not getting the Max and Millia releases. :p Plus they are too damn high on the secondary market.

Ya, reissue everything. that way, it won't be such a gamble getting the older VF with issues like VF-0 since it comes in a new box.

Just this weekend, our local retailer had VT-1 selling for $370 with a straight face, even though the box was literally crushed.

I hope Arcadia doesn't go trough the whole list of VF-1's reissue before beginning to release obscure valks like the Alaska base Yamato was planning.

I think Arcadia would get more sales after reissuing the iconic Roy and Hikaru hero valks by beginning to release VF-1 repaints of obscures valks. Also...VF-4G reissue!!

^This.

Also, reissue ALL previous Valks and accessories, for the VF-0's, the sculpt was fine, just fix the Goddamned flaws in the design itself. Tight fighter mode, non floppy Battroid and Gerwalk, and no more exploding shoulders, kthnx.

For the VF-22's, do away with the delimiter mode that no one ever really used.

While you're reissuing VF-1's, please issue a REAL low vis and Stealth version, with swappable extra 1A and 1J heads. For the model kit versions, please issue them with all grey bodies.

But at any and all costs, TAMPO PRINT EVERY MOTHERFRAKING THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shift+1=! If Bandai can do it, we know damned good and well Arcadia can too. In fact, if Moebius can issue pre built and painted Mark II Vipers with every detail printed for only $50 shipped or less, there's absolutely NO EXCUSE for Arcadia not to. PERIOD.

-Kyp

I agree more tampo printing is not going to hurt. I takes a lot of patience to apply all the markings. I would rather pay a bit more to have it all done properly on the toy, not using stickers. They look bad. For any non-canon valk (like a low visibility release) let people decide where to put the markings but for character-specific toys that have already appeared in shows, they need to add all the official ones for us.

I think Arcadia needs to expand, how about a 1/60 accessory pack with

One set consisting of ground crew figures and work vehicles, one of core characters from SDFM and one from DYRL.

Is there anyone who wouldn't buy a set of preprinted figures like Gloval, Misa and Claudia?

How about Roy and Hikaru in civilian clothes with the fan racer?

They are trying to get casuals to get a lot of money.

Rare and obscure valks aren't going to get produced unless the casual valks sell through the roof.

What he said. Exactly. But since I already have a Roy I will not be getting their 1S release. If I were uber rich possibly, just to support them. But the anniversary 1J valk is so bad I'm not even sure I would do it with excess riches.

LOOP - I will try not to moan to much about missing out on the M&Ms the first time around - but I sure hope they do these soooooonnnn - with options parts please!

SKULLM - I have longed moaned too about the need for the ground crew or bases. Yamato should have done a connecting 4 part chain base diorama with the destroids to increase the sales. They were on the right track with the 2 ground crew guys but did not go far enough. HECK - I would have even played dirty and done part 1 of the base with the Tomahawk, and part 3 with the Defender - with no way to connect the two pieces properly without getting the Phalanx with part 2 of the base to fit between them! Would have made some folks mad that they HAD to get the Phalanx to get the proper base parts - but thats the point.

Anyway tho - we are past that. EXO has AWESOME ground crew figs that I highly recommend. Place your orders today.

ARCADIA - My wish list is as follows: M&M valks with option parts (you can skip the baby pod), Phalanx and Spartan with at least 2 ground crew each, CF 1J that is slightly DARKER than the 1A (not that baby poop color yamato did), Alaska Base 1A . . .

So since Arcadia is planning to release a VF-1J (SDF:M) a VF-1S (DYRL?) and a YF-19 (M:Pluss) its save to assume that they have the licenses for those three properties. Now they have to reissue the VF-11C or the VF-1J from Macross 7 and we know everything is the way it was before plus and additional 20% MSRP on all toys. :D

Please Arcadia re-release the VF-11C *beg*. :)

I understand you want a VF-11C but I can't see why they would ever bother releasing one again. They languished on shelves as it was for years. They aren't sellers at all, and with the way prices are going they aren't going to get cheaper.

I understand you want a VF-11C but I can't see why they would ever bother releasing one again. They languished on shelves as it was for years. They aren't sellers at all, and with the way prices are going they aren't going to get cheaper.

I agree. Now, if they make the armored version, that's an instant buy for me

I agree. Now, if they make the armored version, that's an instant buy for me

I'd like an armored version too. Or a few of the VF-X variant colors. I wonder if any of them would actually sell though. I'm not sure that armored VF-11 would be any more popular though it would be far more expensive.

I think yamato/arcadia should do Mospeada way more than VOTOMs.

Yeah it might not make much money but they can make it a preorder web exclusive like the vf-4 project.

Who here would not buy a Legios with TREAD toy? You guys would be insane.

I think all the guys on robotech.com would go crazy for that. lol

Robotech was popular and represents a huge opportunity for yamato in the west despite maybe not being so great in japan. These are guys who would be in their 30s and have enough income to afford a high priced toy and depending on how cheap arcadia could do all the variants without much problem since they all look the same.

Even though this is a macross board and everyone hates robotech you have to admit if yamato/arcadia were to make a really good Legious w/TREAD they would be the only game in town and could have this market all to themselves while they wait for bandai to get tired of macross frontier.

For any unsold stock they can have robotech.com store buy it up, rebadge it as robotech toys, and sell as masterpiece collections. Yeah I know: it helps the enemy and all that. But this lowers some of the risk too.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Yes!!! I agree.... Yamato/Arcadia quality Mospeada line would be heaven on earth.