Wait. I'm thinking about this now, and I'm lost.... who was col. Oneil? Smith's character was capt. Hiller.

I kinda wish they would base a movie off of the sequel book that was written, but meh. Too long after the fact now I think, and the book's setting was nothing like the current situation in the middle east... kinda wouldn't fit in current times.

Wait. I'm thinking about this now, and I'm lost.... who was col. Oneil? Smith's character was capt. Hiller.

I kinda wish they would base a movie off of the sequel book that was written, but meh. Too long after the fact now I think, and the book's setting was nothing like the current situation in the middle east... kinda wouldn't fit in current times.

It was sarcasm since Stargate and ID4 both dealt with the alien mothership in the same way, different delivery method, but the same. Even the explosion looked similar I believe.

Maybe this time the aliens will turn humans into zombies, to capitalize on that zombie craze we have now. You can turn them back if you stick an iphone into their buttcrack.

505th: Kirin sucks, L2Japanesebeer. Try Yebisu or Suntory premium malts, and I'm not even getting into the craft beers.

Orion Beer rules them all.

:rolleyes: *puke*

When my liquor store actually has it in stock, Yebisu is for sure in my fridge too, never tried Suntory before I'll keep an eye out for that one! B))

Suntory The Premium Malts is a good pilsner!

It was sarcasm since Stargate and ID4 both dealt with the alien mothership in the same way, different delivery method, but the same. Even the explosion looked similar I believe.

Oh, it's been so long since I saw ID4, I actually thought one of the characters were named that, but I knew it wasn't Smith, and O'Neill really doesn't sound Jewish...

There were two books written for this. The second dealt with the the events after the Roswell incident and went on to just before the invasion in the first film.

It was a clever story but does not have anywhere near enough bangs an helicopter chases to make a film with.

I guess we will have to put up with a V like sequel oh the main fleet hid behind the Moon, now we are here to kick your hooman butts!!

Ugh. This is absurd. The first movie sucked dead whores' arse; was a Macross/Robotech rip off sh*t fest. 'Ew the fu*k keeps givin' these guys money to make this sh*t?

How is ID4 a Macross/Robotech rip off? I don't recall any transforming airplanes, giant aliens, or pop singers in ID4.

How is ID4 a Macross/Robotech rip off? I don't recall any transforming airplanes, giant aliens, or pop singers in ID4.

Yeah, they share nothing in common, outside of involving aliens attacking Earth.

I'm not saying they ripped off transforming mecha, giant aliens or a love triangle. Please don't misunderstand.

Perhaps what I should have said was: it's almost as though Mac/DYRL served as the storyboards for the visual styles & elements in a lot of scenes in sci-fi films and TV that has come along since.

Is it intentional? Mebbe. Maybe the creators grew up watching Macross or Robotech, and it influenced how they wanted to present sequences their own work. There are a lot of scenes in movies and TV that make me think: I've seen this somewhere before; and that somewhere is Macross. I just happen to think Macross/Roblowtech deserve a little more credit for their influence on the sci-fi that has followed in more mainstream outlets since, that's all.

They already made a sequel to ID4. It was called Battle: LA. *sarcasm*

By the way, I like pussy.

Hehe, to quote the late Bernie Mac: I love sex, man I love it by the pound. I'll be glad when they put that sh*t in cans. Can you imagine sex in cans? Muthafu**as be shopliftin an sh*t. Folks be playin ball, man, --'Man, what you gettin ready to do?' --'Man, I'm tired. I'm a get me a six-pack o' pu**y, I'm goin' in." :p

Hehe, to quote the late Bernie Mac: I love sex, man I love it by the pound. I'll be glad when they put that sh*t in cans. Can you imagine sex in cans? Muthafu**as be shopliftin an sh*t. Folks be playin ball, man, --'Man, what you gettin ready to do?' --'Man, I'm tired. I'm a get me a six-pack o' pu**y, I'm goin' in." :p

I'm slightly wasted right now, ROFLMMFAO! :lol: :lol:

Hehe, Noriko Takaya's comment just made me randomly recall that classic Bernie Mac routine, from way back on Def Comedy Jam; back before he was cool enough to help Brad Pitt and George Clooney pull off multi-million-dollar heists, before he was selling robots-in-disguise to Shia LeBeouf; when people actually thought Martin Lawrence was (slightly) funny... <_<

ed: You don't understand. I ain't scared o' you mothafu**as! RIP, Bernie...

Edited by reddsun1

It could be interesting, if they do it right. How many major population areas did the aliens destroy in the first movie, through their attack and crashing their ships on them? What, about 50% of the First World's population wiped out? Take it from there, about what a struggle it'll be to rebuild everything.

There could definitely be some interesting storylines. But given the genre and way the first panned out, extremely unlikely to go that way.

Jack O'Neill was Kurt Russell's character in Stargate and Richard Dean Anderson's character in SG-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_O%27Neil

I always remember being annoyed at MacGuyver playing the same guy. I actually like Richard Dean Anderson's character, but about the only thing it has in common with Kurt Russell's was the name. Why not just make him Major Smith or something instead of being the same guy from the movie? Same with the geek scientist guy. Just make it a separate team.

There could definitely be some interesting storylines. But given the genre and way the first panned out, extremely unlikely to go that way.

I always remember being annoyed at MacGuyver playing the same guy. I actually like Richard Dean Anderson's character, but about the only thing it has in common with Kurt Russell's was the name. Why not just make him Major Smith or something instead of being the same guy from the movie? Same with the geek scientist guy. Just make it a separate team.

The thing is I can buy Michael Shanks and a young James Spader being the same person. but at the same time I've always found it really hilarious how different Richard Dean Anderson played the character from Kurt Russell.

Remember, the movie version is "Jack O'Neil".

The TV version is "Jonathan J. "Jack" O'Neill".

Richard Dean Anderson's "complaints" about how Kurt Russel played the character are also hilarious.

I seem to recall an episode were O'Neill made a comment about there being a another Col. O'Neil, who spelled his name with one L. "That guy has no sense of humor."

I always liked the way O'Neill played kind of a buffoon, until it all hit the fan. Once tactical thinking was required, I swear the man would suddenly become a nigh unstoppable bad ass.

I seem to recall an episode were O'Neill made a comment about there being a another Col. O'Neil, who spelled his name with one L. "That guy has no sense of humor."

I always liked the way O'Neill played kind of a buffoon, until it all hit the fan. Once tactical thinking was required, I swear the man would suddenly become a nigh unstoppable bad ass.

Ah, good memory. That was the line I remembered but couldn't recall.

In a different (later?) episode, some of the other team members do a little character deconstruction on him, and point out that he's actually much smarter than he acts, and (if memory serves) he admitted that he only acts that way to so that people don't expect as much of him.

Ah, good memory. That was the line I remembered but couldn't recall.

In a different (later?) episode, some of the other team members do a little character deconstruction on him, and point out that he's actually much smarter than he acts, and (if memory serves) he admitted that he only acts that way to so that people don't expect as much of him.

Ahh the old aim low and when nobody is looking hit a home run routine.