I don't see how it looks like a VF-19. Tail fins are canted inward, wings are swept back, the slots that look like air intakes are tiny, and the list goes on... The cockpit opens the same way, but... :wacko:

But EVERY Hollywood fighter comes from Macross Plus!

Except the one in Top Gun, of course. That was a blatant VF-1 ripoff if ever I saw one.

Dunno, for some reason the fighter gave me a Yukikaze FFR-31 vibe more so than a YF/VF-19. Either way, it "looks" cool, I guess...

-b.

Same here, much more Yukikaze than really anything else. Either way I like this fighter, will be fun to see it in action on the big screen!

Same here, much more Yukikaze than really anything else. Either way I like this fighter, will be fun to see it in action on the big screen!

Not going to lie, when I was much younger ID4 was a guilty pleasure. I cannot watch it now but in keeping with my youth I'll give this new one a go - unless the trailers look like absolute trash. :lol:

-b.

Not going to lie, when I was much younger ID4 was a guilty pleasure. I cannot watch it now but in keeping with my youth I'll give this new one a go - unless the trailers look like absolute trash. :lol:

-b.

Same here, saw it 3 times in Theaters and watched the DVD to death, my guiltiest pleasure on this movie is the deleted scene with Randy Quaid in his Biplane with a bomb attached!! :lol:

I can only with Roland Emmerich as the director the film will have decent dialogue yet plenty of adventure!

Edited by 505thAirborne

The fighter looks damn sweet! My only grip is the positioning of the antigrav pods. Why are they hanging down like that..? I would have put them horizontal and imbedded into the wing. Or even remove the wing entirely. You have antigrav! Why do you need a wing!?!

I'll have to see it in action. Definitely if they make a model of this, I'll be doing some reworks... ;)

• Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens' advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.

- Written by 20th Century Fox

Using recovered alien tech to build up new defenses... where have we heard that one before?

An unprecidented force - WOW, lets just keep on that train

Only a few brave men and women ...like Hikaru, Misa,Roy...

Damn, maybe they will have a lead base ship and call it the SDF-1 :rolleyes:

I hate hollywood at times...I REALLY REALLY do!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...