http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Culture-Cafe/2013/0625/Independence-Day-sequel-Would-Will-Smith-return

Not sure if anyone else posted this yet, but looks like a sequel will be on the way and even some of the original cast will be involved. Could be fun, the original is campy as can be but I still watch it from time to time.

However looks like Will Smith will not be back for this one.

Count me in. Will they replace the squadrons of Earth-borne fighters with F22's or F35's? I remember thinking Margaret Colin was so beautiful back in the day...

so it's gonna be like, Earth is now gonna take the fight to the Robotech Masters with all the alien tech we got and Jeff "Peaches" Goldblum, Bill Pullman, and Will Smith who is now played by Terrance Howard are the triumvirate of humanity that's gonna kill the aliens

What the heck, I'm in. I always end up watching the first one whenever I run across it on cable.

The first one was a poorly veiled thievery of War of the Worlds...so what classic movie will Roland and Emmerich rip off for the sequel?

What could it possibly be about? The aliens hid out on the moon after the mothership was nuked by Col. O'Neil??

I thought he got promoted to general before he finally left SG-1? :p

Seriously though, I'm tempted to think a mashup where they patched ID4 into the Stargate universe could actually work... and now I'm imagining all the ID4 characters replaced by SG-1, and I'm sad, because it won't happen. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm tempted to think a mashup where they patched ID4 into the Stargate universe could actually work... and now I'm imagining all the ID4 characters replaced by SG-1, and I'm sad, because it won't happen. :lol:

IKR? LOL! The movie will feature the little kid as a man who lived through the invasion after his step-daddy murdered the aliens known as the Go-Auld. :lol:

IKR? LOL! The movie will feature the little kid as a man who lived through the invasion after his step-daddy murdered the aliens known as the Go-Auld. :lol:

Both of you guys need to shut up because you're getting me excited over something that could never possibly happen. I want more SG-1 so bad. :(

anyways, my interest in an Independence Day sequel is entirely dependent on the presence of Will smith and whether or not he punches an alien in the face.

Edited by anime52k8

There are some of you guys on this board that seem to hate everything. I'd like to know why. What DO you like, then?!

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

Everything Roland has directed or produced has been pretty meh, IMO.

I only liked ID4 when it came out because at the time it was one of the first movies to blow sh!t up and look good doing it. The campiness was fun between Goldbloom and Smith, but then the president goes off flying a...what was it F-18? really? lol

Looking at IMDB, ID4eva has 2 parts.

It could be interesting, if they do it right. How many major population areas did the aliens destroy in the first movie, through their attack and crashing their ships on them? What, about 50% of the First World's population wiped out? Take it from there, about what a struggle it'll be to rebuild everything.

It could be interesting, if they do it right. How many major population areas did the aliens destroy in the first movie, through their attack and crashing their ships on them? What, about 50% of the First World's population wiped out? Take it from there, about what a struggle it'll be to rebuild everything.

In the U.S. L.A., New York, Dallas, and Washington got hit. That still leaves a rather large chunk of population. I would say only about 20-25% of the first world population got wiped out. Oddly enough some countries like Canada and Australlia didn't get hit at all.

In the U.S. L.A., New York, Dallas, and Washington got hit. That still leaves a rather large chunk of population. I would say only about 20-25% of the first world population got wiped out. Oddly enough some countries like Canada and Australia didn't get hit at all.

Actually, Atlanta was among the cities mentioned that were hit. Houston got hit as well before America's failed attempt at nuking the ship above it. Also, toward the end of the film, there's a scene of downed alien ships near what's left of Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House.

Edited by areaseven

Both of you guys need to shut up because you're getting me excited over something that could never possibly happen. I want more SG-1 so bad. :(

anyways, my interest in an Independence Day sequel is entirely dependent on the presence of Will smith and whether or not he punches an alien in the face.

And welcomes it to Earth. SG-1 was pretty fun, I liked the one-line O'Neil delivered when he sent the nuke back of to Ra. "Give my regards to King Tut." or something like that, when I watch the movie from time to time it always busts me up. :lol:

Well as long as it's not a Will smith and his kid thing again. I kinda enjoy the first one, if only for the massive furballs.

I don't think we have to worry about another big budget Will Smith and kid thing again., plus Will not being in this one (so far).

Have to agree on furballs, need more of that.

There are some of you guys on this board that seem to hate everything. I'd like to know why. What DO you like, then?!

I love good film; I don't like crap. Your average person likes a lot of crap.

Seriously, ID1 was crap of the mightiest sort. Seen from the old continent, it looked even crappier. And aliens with Windows 95? Puhleaze!

I like fish too.

Man, I'm a fiend for swordfish steak.

I prefer a nice clear Gin with soda water and Lime. Also known as a Gin Rickey, especially during the summer.

Beefeater and Hendricks are my favorite.

I also like a nice Whiskey. Basil Hayden's is really good, or just some Knob Creek Neat.

With beer I prefer premium Lagers.

You?

I prefer a nice clear Gin with soda water and Lime. Also known as a Gin Rickey, especially during the summer.

Beefeater and Hendricks are my favorite.

I also like a nice Whiskey. Basil Hayden's is really good, or just some Knob Creek Neat.

With beer I prefer premium Lagers.

You?

Gin. Gin and tonic, gin martinis, gin gimlets.