Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Guest davidwhangchoi

lol, ok :wacko:

I just feel a little bad because they cut me some slack when I first found their page and mistakenly placed and order trying to get shipping estimates and they were kind enough to let me off with a warning.

Well, had to get blacklisted once in my life. Although, Anime-exports are not too fond of me. :lol:

well. you can always cancel hlj, you'll keep your amiami account in good standing at the price of losing a 2000yen discount

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Actually, Amiami doesn't blacklist you if you just let it get canceled. They only blacklist you if you ASK to cancel.

Trust me, I know.. First hand lol!

That's weird. So to them it's worse to cancel ahead of time, versus flaking out on paying?

I honestly don't like places that demand this sort of thing, yes it's clearly in the FAQ's before you sign up, but how do expect one to fully commit to a pre-order for something that is not theirs, they as for 100% commitment when they cannot give me 100% assurance that the company will not go bust and leave me dangling. Sorry

I'll leave them sweating, see what happens -_-

Guest davidwhangchoi

Actually, Amiami doesn't blacklist you if you just let it get canceled. They only blacklist you if you ASK to cancel.

Trust me, I know.. First hand lol!

really, that's interesting haha

In the process of buying a new car.

Need to cancel one of my two YF-19 preorders, I have one with HLJ and one with AmiAmi, HLJ gives me the best price Y26,568 to AmiAmi's Y28,170. I understand AmiAmi does not accept pre-order cancellations and if you do so they black list your email, there's a sort of loophole in their FAQ, I could just ignore and not pay them and they should automatically cancel my order after a certain period, but will I still get black listed?

i guess it does work after all.

Seems an impractical way of doing business, blacklisting folks who cancel items. Nothing like alienating customers willing to pony up several hundred dollars (or more, depending on your country's currency rate)for a single item. Equally odd that they'll forgive non-payment over a cancellation request.

Glad I preordered through HLJ. Their Black Friday sale was a good deal. Moreover, my experience with their customer service has been very positive. I keep watching my email, waiting for my ship notification, and a sizeable divot in my bank account. :p

Man, it occures to me that within a month i could have this in my hands. And within a few days i will have to pay for it.

I seem to be having trouble breathing....i think somewhere my wife is strangling me psychically for the money Im spending on this bird....

Just happend to find $187 lying around my office stashed in one of Tenjin's Valkyrie books. LOL, maybe Tenjin is like the tooth fairy, and brings good things sometimes. In any case, I was starting to sweat paying for this, but I think I'm in the clear now, and quite well. I might have to clean stuff up more often.

I keep watching my email, waiting for my ship notification, and a sizeable divot in my bank account. :p

Is that even possible with HLJ nowadays? Last 2 preorders or so I've made with them, "paypal when it comes in" was the only option--you couldn't directly use a credit card.

Dude. I left my poker winnings at your house while I was looking at the Tenjin book. I swear, i was between the pages of one valk and another valk on the other page.

Money left at my house is considered offerings, especially when left with Macross stuff. It's written in the bylaws.

haha,

slightly off topic, but the 19 is due to ship next week barring any weather delays and will be in hyper hobby magazine on april 1st

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/445787847933448192

Just slightly...and W00t!

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Can i ask, are the Valks produced by Arcadia better, worse or the same compared to the chogokin DX line produced by Bandai?

IMHO, better, although we don't know much about Arcadia yet, do we? We've only seen Yamato designs so far.

The DX line is great nevertheless.

Can i ask, are the Valks produced by Arcadia better, worse or the same compared to the chogokin DX line produced by Bandai?

The Yamato VF-19's were very good toys! Transformation, and quality of material made these one of the best toys you can get. I would recommend getting them if you haven't already. I have the 4 VF-19's Yamato made and they are some of my favorite Valkyries.

IMHO, better, although we don't know much about Arcadia yet, do we? We've only seen Yamato designs so far.

The DX line is great nevertheless.

That's true about Arcadia and the DX line

Thank you everyone. For some reason my mind had created the opinion that the Yamatos were slightly chunkier in design compared to Bandai DX line. I'm sorry for going slightly off topic but is there a thread on here that best describes the various Yamato models (scale,design, etc)?

I think JasonC was referring to Yamato/Arcadia being the same and using the same factories, not Arcadia/Bandai.

In that case it's only been true since the v.2, VF-11, VF-19 Kai and VF-4, maybe the destroids. And I think the response has been good from there aside from exploding shoulders. Have there been other issues?