Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

LOL at the tiger always staying inside the shot!!

OMG, never seen someone transform so quickly and effortlessly a VF-1. Eventough in that video it doesn't show, is MrK the infamous white glove long pinky nail dude from the Yamato VF-4G transformation videos??

It may be an office sample that they have lying around that gets plenty of action, and therefore has some of the stiffness taken out of its joints. Lord knows no Yamato v2 I've ever handled fresh out of the box has been that easy to transform.

It may also be that he handles it much more forcefully than any collector would. I'd imagine that the people who make the things aren't too worried about breaking one.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Am I seeing tampo'ed UN Spacy symbols on the sides of the nose? Or are those just pre-applied stickers Mr.K applied for the photo session?

BTW, I see those same light boxes being sold at HLJ.

i think they will be tampo'd

Not exactly, the price was for a full kit including the two lights and fixtures, different colors sheets and the stand to place the sheets. It's a pretty cool setup.

Granted, you can achieve similar results with a cardbox, sheets and 2-3 properly placed light bulbs, not exactly for 20 bucks but wayyyyyy less than 325. It all depends how serious you are about your pictures. ^_^

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Several tweets clarify that the gaps are from handling the prototype so much.

Mr K's Twitter also had someone asking "please price the YF-19 less than 40,000Y!", to which Mr K responded "it's not that much" .... i should hope so too... a lot less please!

Then he says the price will be revealed in a hobby magazine on the 25th, so not much longer to wait!

That's the profile shot I've been waiting for. It looks great!

Chris

We think so much alike! That's exactly what I was waiting for too... although its still a bit chunky in the middle of the neck, it still looks better than I would have thought from the previous photos. This is a definite must buy!!! Now where would I have room for it?

Is it me or do all the new Valks (Macross Frontier) look silly when they are on their landing gears. They look great in flight, but I feel all the old school design valks look good on their landing gears as well as in flight (when I saw the side elevation of the YF-19 above on its gears, it looks "right" - unlike any of the Bandai Renewal toys).

Yes, it's still obviously the resin prototype, not a test shot, so expected to be gappy.

Graham

Several tweets clarify that the gaps are from handling the prototype so much.

Mr K's Twitter also had someone asking "please price the YF-19 less than 40,000Y!", to which Mr K responded "it's not that much" .... i should hope so too... a lot less please!

Then he says the price will be revealed in a hobby magazine on the 25th, so not much longer to wait!

Thanks for clarifying that Guys! I was sure it was because of that.

We think so much alike! That's exactly what I was waiting for too... although its still a bit chunky in the middle of the neck, it still looks better than I would have thought from the previous photos.

I agree. Necks still a tad thick but much better than the V1. Overall I think it looks great.