Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

i thk lolicon would just get the regular and weather it :lol:

I tot we were already paying premium prices, i shudder to thk what this would cost...

That's exactly what I'm going to do. :)

Though if they exclude the extra armaments and sell a weathered version for about the same price as the regular edition, that would be great for those without the time or inclination to do it themselves.

Not likely to happen though.

In my opinion Arcadia should include at least the markings from the anime/source material. If it had ejection seat markings in the source material print it on the toy. After that include as many markings as the budget can get you. On the other hand I think the VF-19ADVANCE overdid it with all the markings so maybe don't add too many. :)

That looks pretty cool, weird that even a "premium finish" version doesn't have more tampo. Didn't mind the lack on the original version, but here it seems like it defeats the purpose

Good point/observation.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a web exclusive or otherwise (very) limited run.

so the restock of this item in April 2016, is NOT this new weathered version correct?

Also, no info on ankle revisions for either of these?

Correct and correct.

-b.

That looks pretty cool, weird that even a "premium finish" version doesn't have more tampo. Didn't mind the lack on the original version, but here it seems like it defeats the purpose

yeah you'd think they would add a few extra tampo prints seeing they are gonna charge extra for the weathering anyways!

though looking at it a few more times, yes its nice but maybe not quite nice enough to justify buying another. Comparing it to my Arcadia-19 I rather like the clean look of it. And none others of my Valkyries are weathered so I might just stick to the clean look.

yeah you'd think they would add a few extra tampo prints seeing they are gonna charge extra for the weathering anyways!

though looking at it a few more times, yes its nice but maybe not quite nice enough to justify buying another. Comparing it to my Arcadia-19 I rather like the clean look of it. And none others of my Valkyries are weathered so I might just stick to the clean look.

Personally I don't get the appeal of the weathered look. I can understand that it looks more realistic but my cabinets don't look like a warzone. They look like a showroom and thus I need clean Valkyries in them.

Personally I don't get the appeal of the weathered look. I can understand that it looks more realistic but my cabinets don't look like a warzone. They look like a showroom and thus I need clean Valkyries in them.

yes that is an excellent was to put it! and I have to say I feel the very same way with my entire collection! Certainly has that clean showroom look and feel to it. Hence why I'll most likely skip this one..

Though I do like the weathered look and Lolicon's VF-0S is a prime example! I guess I still wouldn't mind having something weathered but it would be a tough choice as to what..

Edited by spanner76

Was hoping for a suprise new Arcadia YF-21 annoument, that in a weathered version...insta buy!

A renewal YF-21 would be great and make a lot of sense as it would go well with their YF-19 release but i have a gut feeling that Arcadia won't be surprising us with anything interesting for a while yet.. especially if they are only dishing out the re-issues and an additional paint version of an existing toy..

Though I'd still love to see SV-51 renewals hit the market! Then I'll have some cheap originals up for sale! ;)

I was thinking about just that. Prototypes are kept pretty clean.

Although you COULD say this is the 19 after Isamu's assault on Sharon Apple - in which case, it'd have to be said it's not weathered enough. 😄

Yea I don't mind the heavily weathered look, but I mostly prefer my valks with just some light panel lining

For what it's worth, I don't consider that exactly "weathering." It just looks like some pre/post-shading work, which isn't meant to mimic weathering effects so much as... well, add shading. It breaks up otherwise largely monotonous color apps.

Like, if I wanted weathering on my (hypothetical, sadly) 19, I'd add streaks to the wings (running back from along the forward edges and panel lines) emulating the desert sand/dirt flowing across them, and/or drybrush along the sharpened angles to simulate sand blasting at the paint, etc. And that's before you whip out the dremel and start gouging at the plastic of your $300 toy...