Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

thats a great deal for $100 off. my order is still in process but I think it would be cancelled soon.

maybe they listed more *damaged* items than they had.

I actually paid full price at HLJ but received a similarly dinged box. If your order get's cancelled then maybe that's why... :/

I actually paid full price at HLJ but received a similarly dinged box. If your order get's cancelled then maybe that's why... :/

HLJ should refund you $100 then! :lol: Or maybe you could file a complaint? I also read another member received a bent box-flap from HLJ in some thread (maybe this one)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Mine just got processed through the sorting facility at ISC New York NY (USPS). I may have this in hand by tomorrow or Friday... excited, curious, and anxious at the same time. ^_^:huh::wacko:

don't even bother... refuse delivery. worst valk ever

Just received mine today from HLJ. Looks great and is such a step above the Yamato. No damage to the box or valk. I was hesitant after all the bad news in this thread, but I have no regrets now that I have it in hand.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah, this sucks! the active stealth system fails, the time till it hits atmosphere ceiling is a slow 48 seconds. unbelievable. it's like Stonewell Bellcom had a 16 year old design it.

At first I really don't like the Gerwalk mode for YF-19. But after seeing how solid it is in this mode, it really grows on me. Now I can say it's my favorite YF-19 mode. :wub:

Here's some shots with my VF-1A and YF-29.

IMG_4079_zpsc55d026d.jpg

IMG_4158_zps36528eb8.jpg

My RED and BLACK Squadron.

IMG_4230_zpsc915487a.jpg

The pilots of my RED and BLACK Squadron:

IMG_4142_zpsedb0fea2.jpg

Overall I prefer Isamu's old ride. ^_^

IMG_4130_zpscce0c09a.jpg

[Edit: That's the scratch I got on the black paint from transforming into Battroid mode. I did sand some of the back area, only to find out that the back panel was a diecast metal. I was wondering at first how come it's making silver dust while I'm sanding it. Hehehe. :lol: ]

Edited by no3ljm

I'm not sure if it was answered, but I'm wondering why many of the battroids have such a large space between the torso and crotch plate compared to the official Arcadia pics? Is there a part that is not being transformed correctly or a difference between the promo toy used in the Arcadia pics and the actual toy?

I haven't attempted a transformation yet and have no experience with the V2 19 series, so just curious.

I'm not sure if it was answered, but I'm wondering why many of the battroids have such a large space between the torso and crotch plate compared to the official Arcadia pics? Is there a part that is not being transformed correctly or a difference between the promo toy used in the Arcadia pics and the actual toy?

I haven't attempted a transformation yet and have no experience with the V2 19 series, so just curious.

Nothing wrong with the transformation, the space is bigger in the YF-19.

Only thing I can think of is that people are not doing the second to last step in the instructions which involves pushing a detent and pivoting the hips/legs forward and up.

Edited by Gwynne

Mr K needs to answer that with his promised transformation video. Not just an ordinary video, it has to be done by Kawamori himself!

But I like it better with a longer space between the torso & crotch.

If you need to shorten the distance between the torso and crotch, then the torso has to be angled further down, so that the piece that supports the nosecone can also move further down. Then the legs have to be rotated slightly backwards to reduce the droopy angle of the nosecone, while making the crotch piece more pronounced.

Only thing I can think of is that people are not doing the second to last step in the instructions which involves pushing a detent and pivoting the hips/legs forward and up.

I did that, still the length is like youve seen in my pics..

Pivoting the legs won't raise the crotch plate, the question is about the torso.

I assumed they used a different model for promoting the figure. Hence, *Actual product may vary*. However, I did try transforming it again and see if I could swivel more the torso downward once the fuselage locks itself. But from what I see, it won't bulge anymore once everything is in place. Actually, what bothers me most is why the 2 sensors on his torso have some mold. First time I transformed it, I thought the cockpit flaps will rest on that mold, which technically, it fits the flaps. But according to the manual, those sensors should be inside (touching the side of the torso) and the flap covering some part of it. In which I pointed it out on the transforming video that I've uploaded recently.

Anyways, here's some photos I took regarding the torso concerns. Hope it helps. :)

487_zps1a762cbe.jpgIMG_4237_zps22dc3296.jpg

IMG_4244_zps6c717c57.jpgIMG_4246_zpscf7307e6.jpg

Wouldn't be nice, Arcadia, if the figure is also as same as the prototype used for marketing. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

Maybe you haven't collapsed the torso properly. I assume that you have to "break" the neck of the plane to shorten the torso in Battroid-Mode much like the Yamato VF-19. If there is something blocking it it would explain why your torso is longer than it is supposed to be. I would check if the shortened neck of the plane is in its far back position or if the metal hinge where the spine of the Battroid is attached to is pushing the collapsed neck upwards.

It is hard to describe without pictures but I had this problem on my VF-19S where something similar happened. It would also explain why the belly plate is not touching the abdomen. Hope that helps.

IMG_4237_zps22dc3296.jpg

Ok, Now I understand what you're talking about. I had the exact same problem the first time I tried transforming mine, the problem is you don't have the nose cone transformed correctly. the metal arm that connects the nose cone to the underside of the cockpit slides along a track inside the nose cone. you have to make sure the metal arm is slid all the way forward (the bar moves in the direction of the red arrow).

you'll know you've got it all the way forward and properly transformed when the underside of the nose is touching the hinge on the underside of the cockpit section. (red box in the second picture)

post-4286-0-52650200-1397122449_thumb.jpg

post-4286-0-89232600-1397122454_thumb.jpg

Ok, Now I understand what you're talking about. I had the exact same problem the first time I tried transforming mine, the problem is you don't have the nose cone transformed correctly. the metal arm that connects the nose cone to the underside of the cockpit slides along a track inside the nose cone. you have to make sure the metal arm is slid all the way forward (the bar moves in the direction of the red arrow).

you'll know you've got it all the way forward and properly transformed when the underside of the nose is touching the hinge on the underside of the cockpit section. (red box in the second picture)

attachicon.gifIMG_2847.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2848.JPG

But after locking the nose cone with the chest plate, the whole nose cone assembly will lifted up a bit and the "Armor Plate" cannot be touching both the nose cone and the waist at the same time....

But after locking the nose cone with the chest plate, the whole nose cone assembly will lifted up a bit

Not if you have the nose cone properly transformed (i.e. you have that metal arm slid all the way forward along it's track). If you have the nose cone set right the belly plate will bridge between the nose cone and the waist just about perfectly even after you lock down the torso.

Not if you have the nose cone properly transformed (i.e. you have that metal arm slid all the way forward along it's track). If you have the nose cone set right the belly plate will bridge between the nose cone and the waist just about perfectly even after you lock down the torso.

Let me try again tonight, I hope I did it wrong ;)

attachicon.gifIMG_2847.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2848.JPG

Nice! You're right! That makes sense now. Thanks anime52k8! You made me get up at 3am only to test what you mentioned. Hehehe And it worked! ^_^ It's still not touching 'literally' the belly but it removes the illusion of a bigger gap than the one I posted earlier. Thanks! Now I can go back to sleep. Will post pic tomorrow comparing the one I posted and one from now. :D

[Edit: Now I realize what's that 'mold/dent' on the sensor/machine gun is. It's not for the cockpit flap, instead, it's the contour of the bottom part of the cockpit. Once it all locks down, the correct way (following anime52k8 suggestion), the mold on the sensor/machine gun will rest upon on the bottom part of the cockpit. Great job, Arcadia! Now release a version that has just the Fold Booster for a cheaper price so I can have an extra YF-19. No regrets. :lol: ]

Edited by no3ljm

Just checked mine and yes!! You are right!!

The hinge on mine is stiff, I didn't know that the metal bar can actually slide towards the nose cone, after using some force, finally got it right!!

Thank you!!!

post-81-0-23242600-1397131255_thumb.jpg

post-81-0-04636900-1397131261_thumb.jpg

Edited by Swoosh