Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

BTW, the rudders are painted entirely red, with black paint on top to create the pattern. All on top of a black base layer of paint. On black plastic.

That's why they rub so much--there's like a millimeter of paint on them. I've been sanding down through layers of paint on the bottom edges, to try to lessen how much red paint rubs on the back of the calves. And so they're not so stiff when trying to line up the rudders with the fins in fighter mode.

I would have just left the black plastic bare, and painted red as needed.

But good for her, huh? ;)

Hahaha! Actually she hates it, Mommar. She always makes fun of my finger. And now my son have my fat fingers too. My mini-me, she says. Hehehe. :)

Anyways, I'm planning on to purchase the hands made my Kurisama. I'm not sure, but do YF-19 have the same forehand designs as VF-11? There's one hand set there at Shapeways but it says not for sale. Too bad that's the set I want to order. :unsure:

Battroid and High Speed Mode

gallery_81_679_238863.jpg

Great pics Swoosh. I love this particular one. :wub:

My YF-19 has 3 distinct positions for the knee (battroid/collapsed, extended/fighter, and midway). Or do you want a fourth one, that's just "slightly extended from battroid"?

exactly. I'd like the option for a slightly taller battroid mode.

After hearing some issues with Amiami orders, I was kinda worry about my order from BiginJapan since it was my first order from them. But everything came perfect, it was bubble wrapped, then paper wrapped and place inside a box not too big and not too small. Not dents or crush corners. Opened up the box and did a quick inspection in fighter mode and all seem good. Got the brand new paint smell too. I really like the way Arcadia pack all those stuff in a smaller box compare to the old Yamato YF-19 box. Didn't do any transformation yet, still waiting for a video :p

Same ankles...

IMG_20140406_095858.jpg

Great photo, enphily! I love how Basara is just chillin' with the two Isamus.

And thank you for showing off the YF-19's open cockpit mechanism. I wouldn't have thought to push the forward triangle down before looking at your picture and then consulting the instructions. That mechanism really is different from how the Fire Valkyrie's cockpit works, isn't it? And on my YF-19, the rear half was really snug and took some work to wiggle open. I have to say, the more I play with the YF-19 the more I like it.

Got it today from a local fan who bought two. was told it was new, but I can see that the box locking flaps were folded (folded = opened). Luckily everything inside the box are pretty mint (maybe the guy just wanted to check before selling it - think positive!).

The goods :

I've to say that the joints on mine are pretty tight. Had to loosen some screws. The neck/head joint is particularly extremely tight. Just like others have mentioned, its pretty heavy with all the metal contents in it. Transformation is pretty intuitive, but looking at the manual does help. I guess the biggest improvement, in terms of linkages and mechanism design, is the way the arm is folded. It feels more fluid and simpler than Yamato's convoluted papercraft arm folding. Also, replacing the hip ball joints with front/side joints is ingenious!

The cons :

1) The scary part during transformation was when the nosecone had to be snapped on to the bottom of the battroid chest. The manual doesnt show how it should be slotted there (just one picture showing its "already" there), so I figured I'd just snap it on. Or is it not supposed to be done that way? :blink: At 1st trial I was afraid of scratching the red nose lights, but seems like it doesn't, after re-checking it 2-3 times.

2) Another gripe is the joint at the root of the right wing, where the metal bar attaches to, has developed a very faint stress mark which can be seen from the top in fighter mode. Its not too noticeable because of 19's tan, but its there. I've loosen the screw joint just in case and be extra careful when folding the wings. The manual with single graphic showing the wings in folded position, with "instructional arrows" + Japanese texts, also doesn't help.

3) legs Fast Packs are pretty loose, but managed to fit them in. Still, I think they couldve done it better - with magnets!.

All in all, I've to say that I am a satisfied customer and will be supporting Arcadia's future releases. Most of my gripes above can be easily rectified if they have a better transformation manual. Here's some quick shots :

8_zpsc872a8fa.jpg7_zps1d1469bc.jpg11_zps9e495c11.jpg6_zps80120495.jpg5_zps725151a1.jpg2_zps33a95ca2.jpg4_zps6ee07030.jpg1_zps7d101290.jpg13_zps6668dc24.jpg

Edited by aaajin

Gahhhhh she finally arrived not more than 30 minutes ago! And im glad to report nothing broken or missing!

I was starting to freak out a little especially after a few people received theirs with damage..

Well anyways.. I fitted her up with a simple weapons load out and straight up on display!

Not going to attempt a transformation at this stage, just happy that she's finally in my possession! And looking sexy as along side her sisters!

I must say the new design is so much more sleek & refined looking than the earlier YF-19 design.. not that I didn't notice that in all the pics previously posted.

Seems to lock up and hold her shape pretty well compared to the older Yamato versions but still feels a little flimsy and fiddly to handle.

b8752d5a-9644-4851-bf81-78ada925c48e.jpg

Edited by spanner76

Are some of you guys not transforming the torso/crotch right? I only have the vf-19s, but shouldn't the crotch and chest be closer together like this?...or is that how it is?

I thought the gap in that spot on mine was too far apart from some of the pics I have seen. But for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to shrink it. Of course I didn't look at the instructions either. :huh:

A quick question for the people who have the bird in hands. Is the color mismatch between the painted die cast parts and the plastic as noticeable in person as it is on the images shown in this thread?

I have a bad feeling every time I see such images since the V1 RVF-25 who has those terrible different shades of green.

Edited by Scyla

A quick question for the people who have the bird in hands. Is the color mismatch between the painted die cast parts and the plastic as noticeable in person as it is on the images shown in this thread?

I have a bad feeling every time I see such images since the V1 RVF-25 who has those terrible different shades of green.

If I really look at it, and in the right light, I can see the slightest of differences. Otherwise it looks great. If I hadn't seen it mismatched in the pics, it would not have drawn any attention.

Edit:

HZOZ3vcl.jpg

WDqCWY5l.jpg

PVVVfZAl.jpg

Ok, much easier to install the fast packs when in battroid mode..... Also, my ankles are loose :(

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Mine arrived this morning.

Unmolested thankfully.

I've only ventured as far as Gerwalk as yet (no experience with any previous 19s), although I didn't manage to get it to strike a particularly good pose.

It is a thing of beauty in Fighter mode and that was how I fell in love with this Valk in the first place.

Quick snap of Max welcoming Isamu........

post-17939-0-02573800-1396886696_thumb.jpg

No reserve auction....let's see what it fetches:

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d151605762

MSRP....less?.....Or early VF-4 release days pricing all over again?

Sold for 29000 JPY.....

Another one currently on a no reserve auction.....http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b155556890

Will pricing trend up or down?

Still some left at a few shops.....maybe once those dry up we'll see the YF-19 gain some aftermarket value.......However, I'm guessing the YF-19 had a much larger production run than the VF-4 and that is really what is keeping the current price at bay.....Anyone remember how soon after the VF-4 was released that prices starting escalating?

Edited by jvmacross

Just got mine a few minutes ago at the office. NY packaging is terrible. The lid part of the box is bent. It looked as if someone sat on the box or something. Never had a problem with my Revoltech or Bandai stuff. But paying over $300 dollars for something and you get crappy packaging. That makes no since. Anyway I took it out the box to feel it. It has a nice quality weight to it. Will transform it later when I get home.

If I really look at it, and in the right light, I can see the slightest of differences. Otherwise it looks great. If I hadn't seen it mismatched in the pics, it would not have drawn any attention.

Edit:

HZOZ3vcl.jpg

WDqCWY5l.jpg

PVVVfZAl.jpg

Ok, much easier to install the fast packs when in battroid mode..... Also, my ankles are loose :(

Looks like you were kinda able to stand it up in Battroid in that first pic. Or are he ankles kind of jammed up against the leg walls in order to keep them "stable?"

The front portion of my 19's feet are slightly loose, i.e there is enough friction to allow it to stand in battroid, but would fall if you shake the table really hard. And by that I mean really-really hard.

The heels are pretty tight though. So gerwalk poses are pretty easy.

Looks like you were kinda able to stand it up in Battroid in that first pic. Or are he ankles kind of jammed up against the leg walls in order to keep them "stable?"

It is balanced in that pose. It would not take a harsh move for it to topple backward or forward.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Guest davidwhangchoi

these battroid pictures look real good. but jealous bc i don't have mine in battroid, i'm still waiting for a video. is there a safe way to not scratch the paint in transforming it especially the blacks by the cockpit? hope a vid will demonstrate

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It is balanced in that pose. It would not take a harsh move for it to topple backward or forward.

That's how my broken one is. You actually have to jam it into an extreme pose just for some friction on the ankles. it's toppling forward or backward if you bump something lightly though.

That's how my broken one is. You actually have to jam it into an extreme pose just for some friction on the ankles. it's toppling forward or backward if you bump something lightly though.

Mine isn't that bad. I can get it to stand, but the ankles are loose.