Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Ditto x2. Mine should arrive today (it's alrdy Monday here) but I'm kinda expecting Tuesday too.

The "made in China" printing WILL be coming off of mine, even if I have to sand it off. I have no qualms about being the first one to experiment with rubbing alcohol etc---I'll do it the first day I have it, and report back, if no one else has by them.

Awesome. Please share your results. I feel like getting rid of it too. But not too experienced in removing things like this.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The "made in China" printing WILL be coming off of mine, even if I have to sand it off. I have no qualms about being the first one to experiment with rubbing alcohol etc---I'll do it the first day I have it, and report back, if no one else has by them.

why rub it off? china makes good stuff now...

Curious of it's because of the angle, or if one side of that backplate is mismolded, and should be angled inward? Either way, even if that's a die-cast piece, that should be easy to fix by filing down that corner. Since it's buried inside, I don't think it'll actually show in any mode, though you might see the filed edge in gerwalk.

Now we all know, don't tilt the cockpit section all the way back when transforming. Sucks to be that guy who first found out but we're benefiting from seeing these pics. Also something I imagine really tricky to debug for the guys who designed this thing. They know exactly how they intended to transform it and probably didn't even consider if the angle were slightly different would it cause friction like that.

Edited by Mommar

Guest davidwhangchoi

just got shipped notification and ems tracking number from biginjapan combined shipping for two

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Don't think they reversed the angle, I think the opposite side is just hidden behind the edge of the cockpit, since that's the side that's scraped in the photo.

From the pic it seems that the left edge is slightly higher than the right edge (could be from tooling error in the mold), causing it to scrape the black section of the cockpit during transformation.

Don't panic yet, it could be someone who was trying to transform theirs as fast as the VF-19's.

Anytime I get something new, I go very slow to watch for scratching points. Even though the YF-29 has the nose scratch spot

a careful person can do it without scratching, making it... in turn.. user error.

Paypal-only for hlj sucks. The more options the better imo.

Why do you think they chose to go down that path? Because to me it makes very little business sense?

Aren't they aware that they are potentially missing out on customers?

Do they have a feedback system for customer complaints?

VISA, AmEx, and MasterCard all charge very high fees to merchants who want to be able to accept their payments. I suspect that international fees to merchants are even higher in many cases. So - and this is pure speculation now - it seems not unlikely that Paypal costs HLJ less than regular credit cards do.

Got shipping notification from HLJ ^_^

You can take out the "Made in Japan" tampo with isopropyl alcohol or mineral spirit, the black tampo is not easy to remove, lots of scrubbing, careful not to spread it around the wing or you will smear it around, you might remove the small layer of dull coating they usually use, barely noticeable. At least, that's what I had to do with my VF-4, a bit of a pain but far better that the big stamp in the VF-1's that you can't get rid off. You can also sand it off with 600 grit and climb to 1500 grit to match the usual shine.

AmiAmi shipping is around 40 bucks EMS compared to 30 something HLJ, that's why you get 18% discount.

So, what happened to MrK transformation demostration? noone filmed it and put it on youtube? :ph34r:

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Don't think they reversed the angle, I think the opposite side is just hidden behind the edge of the cockpit, since that's the side that's scraped in the photo.

That's my take on it---the cockpit part is slightly raised, hiding the far-side edge of the "spine".

People in HK love to says decals when they actually mean stickers :rolleyes:

They're actually all called decals also... Everyone at the prop shops calls stickers decals and decals water slides... lol. I keep telling them my way is easier... :lol:

I don't seem to have that issue on my YF19 @aaaajin

Kinda lazy to do the transformation at the moment :p

Actually the part in question is on the backpack (circled in first pic). Seems like the left side is slightly higher than the right, causing it to scrape the black paint during transformation (caution!)

Guest davidwhangchoi

someone asked Mr. K for a transformation video demonstration. Mr. K says it's under consideration.

Edited by davidwhangchoi