Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

WTF? "We were unable to verify this card. Please review and make sure that the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please enter a different card."

This is the card directly linked to my paypal. It's been used to pay HLJ before. It's been used for Paypal just last week! And now, when I really really need it to go through---paypal says they can't verify it? They verified it and linked it to my account long ago! It should be the most "verified by Paypal" card I have!

Emailed paypal, emailed HLJ.

(and no, the number hasn't been stolen, not expired, there's not a late payment, it's not anywhere near the limit---and it has been used for HLJ several times before so it's not an "intl transaction" thing)

This is the first time I've tried to pay HLJ since they went "paypal only"---I didn't expect any problems (as this is my main "HLJ card" and my main "Paypal card"---but all of a sudden, they're saying no)

So far, I'm not impressed with HLJ going "paypal only" if Paypal gets to suddenly say "no" for no reason and with no warning for a valid card that Paypal themselves have verified and linked to my account...

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm having the same problem... but i'm just waiting it out. bc i'm not sure if i need 4. it stopped me from making an impulse pay as soon as i got my payment notice at 4-5pm i had no hesitation clicking the paying button but since it didn't initially go through, i think about maybe this is a good thing.

hobby search is now sold out as well

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Wow, I am amazed at how much better the Arcadia Isamu pilot figure looks as compared to the pilot figures that come with the Bandai Valks. The Isamu figure looks larger? Maybe its because I am used to seeing the Bandai figures with stumps for limbs?

Quoted for the absolute truth.

Just paid for the (2) at HLJ - $ 45 for EMS.

Now to go and see which blood banks are open to fund these things... :ph34r:

-b.

*edit to just list shipping costs

Posted in error earlier, $ 45 for FedEx - not EMS (this is why you shouldn't rush to post kids). Received the shipping notice and tracking number but no estimated date of delivery yet.

Was very pleasantly surprised to see that HLJ shipped these so quickly, it's been my experience that they are generally slower than other retailers to get your items out of the door.

Can't wait to see some in-hand pics once folks start to get theirs.

-b.

Ok, called Paypal, called my credit card company:

Basically, now that it's through Paypal to HLJ, and not directly through HLJ like before----the credit card company is auto-marking it for suspected international fraud and denying Paypal. As "big requests for money from overseas" is like the #1 fraud Paypal ever has.

They said I should call them ahead every time in the future for HLJ purchases etc, as they simply do not trust Paypal for intl transactions over $100 and will likely deny it every time otherwise.

So again--not real fond of HLJ's new "paypal-only" payment system. (I can't blame the credit card company---I don't trust Paypal very much either!)

Paypal-only for hlj sucks. The more options the better imo.

Why do you think they chose to go down that path? Because to me it makes very little business sense?

Aren't they aware that they are potentially missing out on customers?

Do they have a feedback system for customer complaints?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Going paypal only screw us with the exchange rate

That too---I found it impossible to switch to the credit card company's exchange rate and not paypal's like I used to do for HLJ, though I'll see when I get the statement.

It's funny--Paypal always "warns" you when selecting to use the credit card company to do the exchange instead of Paypal's own---citing "other companies may have high fees"---when paypal is the worst of them all! Any credit card company will give you a few percentage points better than PP does.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That too---I found it impossible to switch to the credit card company's exchange rate and not paypal's like I used to do for HLJ, though I'll see when I get the statement.

It's funny--Paypal always "warns" you when selecting to use the credit card company to do the exchange instead of Paypal's own---citing "other companies may have high fees"---when paypal is the worst of them all! Any credit card company will give you a few percentage points better than PP does.

you can still switch to your credit card's conversion rate but they just make it a hassle on purpose.

The problem with paypal is that always seems to do something other what i want it to do. For example it's states if you have a paypal balence it will draw from that first then your default funding option. So i buy something, it leaves my paypal balance and charges my credit card even though my bank account if the default funding option. It knocks my credit card over the limit which i then get charged overlimit fees. The whole reason i made my bank account the default funding source was to avoid this exact thing happening. And it never seems consistent. With a recent transaction to a MW forum member, it wouldn't allow me to pay with bank account unless it was an echeck for some reason. Of course the echeck takes like 2 weeks to go through. Normally it's not an issue to pay through my bank account.

The ova or movie? I thought the movie was better mostly due to the way Guld outsmarted the Ghost Drone by luring it into a trap and it shows the human/alien superiority over machines which have no ability to create anything original. In the movie edition, you get to see Lucy's tits and Guld's eyeballs pop out like bubblegum haha. But then you miss out on the rogue zentradi fight at the beginning where the vf-11 can be seen kicking butt for a while.

It would be cool if they made an extended edition which include all the cool bits of both. Maybe even add some extra scenes. (Guld's body being kept alive through alien tech and transferring his consciousness to a new clone body so he can continue to rape myung while he is drunk and say he forgot about it and then asking for forgivness again for trying to rip her top off to get a peek at her titties lol jk)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Guest davidwhangchoi

i like the ova's better. i think i never liked the movie bc it uses re-cut scenes mixed with a few new scenes.

i'm watching the overhead view of the 19 and 21 lineart in the Millard's slide presentation of project super nova in the conference room (episode 1). the 19 looks like it came straight from that presentation slide. it simply looks amazing!