Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Not sure about the pinkish VF-1S'. Mine has the feet pop off on both Valks when I pulled it during the first transformation right out of the box. And those are purchased MISB. Just saying. ;)

Well, your feet-less VF-1S and DWC's current 0S shenanigans makes it even more of a bad lottery.

Arcadia's been overcharging a feckin' premium pricing on these QC-fail valks...

:5:

Well, your feet-less VF-1S and DWC's current 0S shenanigans makes it even more of a bad lottery.

Arcadia's been overcharging a feckin' premium pricing on these QC-fail valks...

:5:

True. :unsure: But somehow I still prefer Arcadia for their overall look. It doesn't look like a toy compared to Bandai's DX. :rolleyes:

I have a compulsion to just stockpile as many YF/VF-19s as possible. So I did grab another of these. Also, gives me another huge set of weapons to mess with. :p

My main goal though is to have a backup that I can experiment with. I'm planning on fiddling with the wing mechanism to see if I can come up with something that slides a single pivot point, instead of the goofy double-hinged system they went with.

So I got charged for the YF-19 and i shipped everything i had in my HLJ warehouse. The HM-R Regult and MP Ratchet were included in this shipment. I am very excited since this is the best combination of things i've requested shipped as a whole.

Last night i checked the tracking number and it read: "the sender has cancelled the shipment"

Has anyone received this sort of message before? I have contacted HLJ and i am awaiting their reply.

So weird.

I'll keep you posted...

So I got charged for the YF-19 and i shipped everything i had in my HLJ warehouse. The HM-R Regult and MP Ratchet were included in this shipment. I am very excited since this is the best combination of things i've requested shipped as a whole.

Last night i checked the tracking number and it read: "the sender has cancelled the shipment"

Has anyone received this sort of message before? I have contacted HLJ and i am awaiting their reply.

So weird.

I'll keep you posted...

wow thats the first time i ever heard about something about this, specially with HLJ.

So weird.

I'll keep you posted...

I never saw that , it's best to email them and asked , it could be just a simple mixup of tracking numbers , repackaging , or they decide to redo the label due to Wong address , etc.

Just opened the box, something's missing!

Time to email HLJ.

Everything else looks to be accounted for though. Should be an easy fix.

that is not good...but easy fix, like you said but what about the ankles....they fix it?...or still loose?

I never saw that , it's best to email them and asked , it could be just a simple mixup of tracking numbers , repackaging , or they decide to redo the label due to Wong address , etc.

Ohhh ok, HLJ made a mistake and they cancelled the shipment. All is well.

thanks for the reply Ferrari F360.

And sorry to hear iguanaman8989 :(

Edited by vlenhoff

The ankles look to be the same design as on the VF-19S (the only other one I have to compare to it.), they have a bit of lateral wiggle to them.

Other than that, everything is super tight.

Did you check the neck too? FYI, the first release have crooked head (more tilted on one side) in Battroid mode.

The ankles look to be the same design as on the VF-19S (the only other one I have to compare to it.), they have a bit of lateral wiggle to them.

Other than that, everything is super tight.

How are the wings? Are they tight or do they fold back very easily if bumped?

Didn't know there was any issue with the neck, but it looks fine on mine.

Did you transform it to Battroid mode already to not notice the head tilt? Anyways, if it is, it's good to know that they fixed that as well.

No noticeable issues with the head/neck in battriod mode.

That's good to know. Thanks! ^_^

Good to know!!! I'm toying with the idea to get another one!!!

Don't toy around... go get it now! ;) Not just one, but two! :lol:

^ This, everyone, is a terrible terrible person.

:p

Thank you. :lol: Atleast, I'm endorsing cool looking birds. :rolleyes:

Well I already have two from the first release, must resist temptation :lol:

Hahaha! Don't resist the temptation sir! :lol: But yeah, same here, I already have two also from the first release. Wish they should somehow do the other color variants and maybe I'll get another one. Or bundle it with the Frontier Fast Packs. ;)

Was everyone's 1st issue Arcadia 19 stung by loose ankles? Were they tight at first then got loose?

Yes. It was tight during the first few transformations. And after that a little bit loose. It's not super super loose but just loose. Just enough to scare you on posing it without a support.

I already fixed mine and you can see what I did in the Macross Maintenance thread. You can also check ChaoticYeti and anime52k8 fixes on this thread as well. And just like I said on the Maintenance thread, "Fix it at your own risk."

Hope that helps. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Was everyone's 1st issue Arcadia 19 stung by loose ankles? Were they tight at first then got loose?

I transformed mine several times, and never had a single issue with any of the things people have with theirs. Maybe I'm just more careful? I don't know, but no issues with mine, and the head was straight.

Mine just arrived. I've changed it once from fighter to battroid, and back. I've extended the landing gear, and popped a few missiles on and off. So this is just a first blush impression.

The feet on mine are reasonably tight. They're much better than the VF-4G. They're about the same as the feet on the VF-19 Advance.

The one thing on mine which is really loose is the plate that goes over the top of the head. In fact, it had fallen off in the packaging and was resting in the middle of the jet. It doesn't stay in very well. But at least in jet mode, the mechanisms of transformation will prevent it from being lost even if I don't eventually glue it on.

The only other looseness issue I've noticed is with the Sparrowlike missiles. They don't stay on their peg very well. I don't mean the peg on the wing. I mean the peg the missiles themselves peg into which then pegs into the wing. They stay on well enough when gently handling, trying to get them on the fighter without popping the peg on separately and then placing the missiles onto it is a pain.

In terms of transformation, The whole thing pegs together more seamlessly than my VF-19 Advance. I'm not keen on the partsforming elements of the canards and the neck cover for fighter mode, but ... eh... whatever. It's not too bad. But in terms of ease, it was just as scary transforming this one as the Bandai version.

The whole thing simultaneously feels more and less solid than the Advance. I think this Arcadia felt better and more solid in battroid mode, but a bit ... I don't know. The Advance feels better in fighter mode.

Before I got it, I had wished I could cancel my pre-order. Did I really need another 19? Now that it's here... There's still a wee feeling of buyer's remorse, but not much. I'm happy it's here.

Now let's hope that I'm done gushing about it, the leg doesn't fall off like what happened right after gushing about how great my VF-0A was.

Before I got it, I had wished I could cancel my pre-order. Did I really need another 19? Now that it's here... There's still a wee feeling of buyer's remorse, but not much. I'm happy it's here.

Ohh i feel that everytime i see my credit card statement :(

@Mr Bomber - LOL

Yeah, after waiting all this time to get the Arcadia YF-19, like GabrielV, I definitely have a twang of buyer's remorse also.

The YF-19 just doesn't feel as well put-together in hand as I had hoped (especially for the cost) . Even knowing that Arcadia didn't do anything to improve on the flaws from the initial release, I was still hoping it would hold up better. It definitely didn't help that Bandai did such a great job with the VF-19....

Don't get me wrong, the YF-19 is gorgeous and I see why so many favor it. Just wish it was... funner. Not to mention not so damn expensive! :p

Just heard back from HLJ, they can't replace the missing canard, but they've offered an exchange with reimbursement for the return shipping.

They also offered a bit of store credit (10% value of the item) if I wanted to keep the figure as-is, or to allow a full refund upon return.

Since I really like the toy and a YF-19 looks ridiculous without the iconic canards I'm gonna go for the exchange.

Edited by iguanaman8989