Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Arcadia really should fully tampo the premium finish version.

No they shouldn't because than I would have to ask myself if it was worth buying the first release. In addition would never ever buy an Arcaida product again because I would wait for a release that includes them. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, nope... Nothing announced so far. Hopefully they at least tighten up the wing bars and ankles... But chalk this up to a huge missed opportunity on Arcadia's part.

Is it normal for Arcadia or Yamato before them to announce incremental improvements for reissues? I'm not sure I want to wait a year or whatever it will be for the Bandai DX-C YF-19 and the current issues with this release are a deal breaker at that price point. Here's hoping Arcadia surprises us, but in a good way.

Is it normal for Arcadia or Yamato before them to announce incremental improvements for reissues? I'm not sure I want to wait a year or whatever it will be for the Bandai DX-C YF-19 and the current issues with this release are a deal breaker at that price point. Here's hoping Arcadia surprises us, but in a good way.

I wouldn't say it is "normal", but they sometimes do blog posts about improvements and changes. They did a really long one for the VF-19Kai reissue. I don't remember any more specifically, but I know there are more.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted by Arcadia on Twitter yesterday, courtesy of Google Translate:

"Good morning!

This month is a perfect transformation YF-19 (reproduction) release date! We revved up!"

• 3 weeks later...

I really want to get the re-issue version because I missed out on the first release. But I am having trouble justifying that price if Arcadia hasn't addressed any of the issues. At $265 the toy should not have lose ankles.

I want to buy it because second hand market prices are ridiculous and I love Macross plus. But if they haven't fix the issues from the first release then I would rather wait for a sale.

It's become such a lottery with Arcadia right now.

VF-0A == exploding hips.

VF-4G == loose joints.

YF-19 == no mention whatsoever if they ever fixed the loose ankles for this re-issue.

About the only Arcadia valk that seems to be fine is the 0S and the pinkish VF-1J/VF-1S...

Edited by treatment

My compulsion to buy Macross toys makes me want to get another Arcadia YF-19, but beyond that I neither need or want another one.

If Arcadia opts to do another paint scheme, well then... B))

-b.

Pink 19, b? ;) But kidding aside, same here. If they do those Birds of Prey or Double Nuts or Lightning, I'm in for one. Though I have to choose which one. :lol:

I really want to get the re-issue version because I missed out on the first release. But I am having trouble justifying that price if Arcadia hasn't addressed any of the issues. At $265 the toy should not have lose ankles.

I want to buy it because second hand market prices are ridiculous and I love Macross plus. But if they haven't fix the issues from the first release then I would rather wait for a sale.

Don't expect that it will have a fixed ankle joint. Think of the recent VF-4G one. It still have those loose arm and ankle joints somehow. Not to mention some loose missile tabs. Expect that 80% it's still going to be the same. And like you mentioned it has a ridiculous second hand market prices on the first release. And those have loose joints as you mentioned. And like always, we'll never know if there's ever going to be a sale after that. Anyways, good luck. ;)

It's become such a lottery with Arcadia right now.

VF-0A == exploding hips.

VF-4G == loose joints.

YF-19 == no mention whatsoever if they ever fixed the loose ankles for this re-issue.

About the only Arcadia valk that seems to be fine is the 0S and the pinkish VF-1J/VF-1S...

Not sure about the pinkish VF-1S'. Mine has the feet pop off on both Valks when I pulled it during the first transformation right out of the box. And those are purchased MISB. Just saying. ;)

I recently scored a set of the T-REX parts for this, so I'm in for another copy, even though I'm sure no improvements were made :(

Looking forward to see those Frontier Parts. ;)