Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

When are they gonna put up the new photo shots that was teased instead of old pre-production ones with the olive drab gunpod? Also, Arcadia has more display stands and VF-0Ds available if anyone is looking.

You'll be waiting for awhile for the DX version I think.

Edited by wmkjr

Why bandai got no news!? Should I wait for bandai?

I would guess it will have to be at least a 2017 release for a Bandai now... which I'm sure suits Bandai just fine with all the Delta DX toys they have cooked up. I'm a little sad though... I'd love to see what Bandai would do with it.

If Arcadia teases any fixes I will definitely preorder this toy.

http://www.amiami.com 29400yen

Arcadia's site w/display stand opens up tomorrow 4pm JPN

edit: Can someone kindly ask Mr. K what's the gunpod color this time around? All of the pics have the olive colored ones. Even the packaging has it only to find the grey ones inside.

edit2: nvm http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/146257/ more info and pics

Edited by wmkjr

Guest davidwhangchoi

Is the display stand a new design or is it the same one that was released previously?

same exact stand released with vf-1s arcadia.

and same exact yf-19 nothing redesigned is confirmed so far.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The display stand is not worth 5000 yen .

I'm not sure where did you come up with the Y5000 stand? The stand is not even worth for Y5000. Both Aracadia and AmiAmi posted the list price for the YF-19 as Y35424. HLJ posted theirs for Y32800. But both AmiAmi and HLJ are selling it discounted. No stands included. They have what you call it distributor's sale price. Arcadia is just giving away 30pc of stand for free from their online web shop. Same thing with the VF-4G earlier, Arcadia is giving away free Gunpod included from their online web shop.

Hope that clarifies something regarding the stand. ;)

I reckon F360 simply means Arcadia-shop pricing is just not worth it, even with the Stand included...

I understand. And I'm not starting something or anything here. I'm just saying that I don't think Arcadia is charging that much just because they've included the free stand. From what I remember Arcadia initially released the YF-19 for about Y34000+ back in 2014. So an increase of somewhat -Y1000 ever since. And I remember Japan had this tax increase or something since last year.

Anyways, hope that clears some misunderstanding. ;)

For any of the new members looking at getting this from an online shop. Both Arcadia and Amiami (before discount) has the tax included with the pricing (32800 + 8%tax). HLJ doesn't and won't charge you the tax I believe. Dunno what the shipping is via Arcadia but I do know the shipping via EMS is usually higher for Amiami then HLJ.

Edited by wmkjr

For any of the new members looking at getting this from an online shop. Both Arcadia and Amiami (before discount) has the tax included with the pricing (32800 + 8%tax). HLJ doesn't and won't charge you the tax I believe. Dunno what the shipping is via Arcadia but I do know the shipping via EMS is usually higher for Amiami then HLJ.

Agree. But do NOTE also that Arcadia Online Web Shop probably or will only caters who lives locally and not international.

I still have three of those stands bought last year, but they are out of print now. However, those official stands aren't necessarily the best option.

I already of Bandai's VF-19 Advance, is the Arcadia YF-19 superior to it in any way aside from the 90s lineart proportions?

Funny thing is, Bandai tried to tease a YF-19 at Tamashii Nation 2015.

Judging from the Arcadia release patterns, we had the following:

2013: VF-1J 30th, VF-1Sx2

2014: VF-19Kai Soundbooster, YF-19

2015: VF-0D, VF-1J GBP, VF-0A, VF-0S

2016: VF-4G, YF-19

So quite a few reissues of Yamato bestsellers and two v2 Arcadia moulds: YF-19 and VF-0.

I still have three of those stands bought last year, but they are out of print now. However, those official stands aren't necessarily the best option.

I already of Bandai's VF-19 Advance, is the Arcadia YF-19 superior to it in any way aside from the 90s lineart proportions?

Funny thing is, Bandai tried to tease a YF-19 at Tamashii Nation 2015.

Judging from the Arcadia release patterns, we had the following:

2013: VF-1J 30th, VF-1Sx2

2014: VF-19Kai Soundbooster, YF-19

2015: VF-0D, VF-1J GBP, VF-0A, VF-0S

2016: VF-4G, YF-19

So quite a few reissues of Yamato bestsellers and two v2 Arcadia moulds: YF-19 and VF-0.

You can check and compare Jenius' reviews for both Arcadia's YF-19 and Bandai's VF-19Adv on Anymoon.com.

As for the DX YF-19 displayed on last Tamashii show, everything were all 'for display' purposes and that's basing on some of the item cards displayed beside the product. They're still no 'official' release announcement for all that were displayed there except for those that already been 'announced'. Esp now that they're probably going to concentrate first on the upcoming Delta DX figures. Any maybe somewhere in between those Delta and Hi-Metal R releases, they will finally announce the DX YF-19. Let's hope for the best and success of all the line so that everything they shown on that event including the 1/35 VF-1J will get produced. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

You can check and compare Jenius' reviews for both Arcadia's YF-19 and Bandai's VF-19Adv on Anymoon.com.

As for the DX YF-19 displayed on last Tamashii show, everything were all 'for display' purposes and that's basing on some of the item cards displayed beside the product. They're still no 'official' release announcement for all that were displayed there except for those that already been 'announced'. Esp now that they're probably going to concentrate first on the upcoming Delta DX figures. Any maybe somewhere in between those Delta and Hi-Metal R releases, they will finally announce the DX YF-19. Let's hope for the best and success of all the line so that everything they shown on that event including the 1/35 VF-1J will get produced. ;)

Just got my VF19 Advance couple hours ago. I only have the Yamato YF19 as comparison and it's night and day- Bandai has it down. The weight is solid, the whole thing is very sturdy, and the panel lines and markings are very detailed, like Hasegawa level detailed :) Even the instructions are in full color..whole package speaks quality and value, esp if you take into account the cost difference of 100,00 yen. I think you'll only need an Arcadia YF19 if you're a Macross Plus purist. I am still get an Arcadia later to see how they all compare but the Yamato and Bandai got my YF/VF-19 fix just right for now.

Just got my VF19 Advance couple hours ago. I only have the Yamato YF19 as comparison and it's night and day- Bandai has it down. The weight is solid, the whole thing is very sturdy, and the panel lines and markings are very detailed, like Hasegawa level detailed :) Even the instructions are in full color..whole package speaks quality and value, esp if you take into account the cost difference of 100,00 yen. I think you'll only need an Arcadia YF19 if you're a Macross Plus purist. I am still get an Arcadia later to see how they all compare but the Yamato and Bandai got my YF/VF-19 fix just right for now.

Congrats on your VF-19Advance purchase. ;) As for the Arcadia YF-19, it would be best to have this than the Yamato YF-19. I know comparing the Arcadia and Bandai one is like comparing apples and oranges. They have its own pros and cons. As for comparing the Yamato and Arcadia, I suggest you get the Arcadia as well. You will see the big difference. ;)

I reckon F360 simply means Arcadia-shop pricing is just not worth it, even with the Stand included...

that is correct, -_- yes, yes.

I understand. And I'm not starting something or anything here. I'm just saying that I don't think Arcadia is charging that much just because they've included the free stand. From what I remember Arcadia initially released the YF-19 for about Y34000+ back in 2014. So an increase of somewhat -Y1000 ever since. And I remember Japan had this tax increase or something since last year.

Anyways, hope that clears some misunderstanding. ;)

I probably should have quoted "QEssential" since I was doing a quick answer to "Wonder if it's worth paying the extra for the stand..?. "

for that, I did a quick calculation of the difference in price if I were to buy it from either Arcadia direct or the normal webstores. Toss some numbers and 5000 yen difference came up. I understand the stand is FREE and the MSRP is not much difference than a couple of years ago, but at the end of the day, it's what you really have to pay that counts and the only difference besides the price is a free stand. :mellow: therefore any difference in price is YOUR cost for the stand, may it be label as free or not.

I'm just glad its only a stand and not a special webstore only extra like what Goodsmileshop does all the time with their Figmas Those extra faces that looks like this (^_^) , Tempt me every time. :lol: :lol: ,

I really wish we had someone like Dr. Killinger that produces small runs of upgrades for Macross toys. I'd love if I could buy a correctly molded (give me these vents) and colored version of the YF-19 gun-pod. The VF-19 gun-pod from Macross 7 just doesn't go well with the YF-19.

Only way I'm buying this re-issue is if it has the following changes:

1) Get rid of the high speed mode.

2) Tighten or redesign the ankle joints.

3) Add the gunpod vents.

4) Add some more Tampo printed markings (doesn't have to be as many as Bandai, but at least more than now.

Im sure nothing at all will change.. they might tell the factory to possibly tighten a screw or two up a little harder than spec but the same issues will prevail. I guess that's a good thing as I don't need any excuse to want to spend more money at the moment.. well at least not on super expensive Arcadia releases anyways! :p