Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Actually excited about this release, thanks Pedro and others for getting the info off of Arcadia's Twitter feed.

I still have (1) remaining YF-19 from Arcadia's initial release (unopened) and sold the others, the one that I did open I never transformed so I never did personally experience the issue.

-b.

I know we shouldn't do anything to a $300+ toy, but I used just a bit of clear matte tape on the underside to secure the wings and they don't move at all fully loaded (to be fair only one wing was slightly loose).

Simple fix you can't even tell. The ankles are a different story though.

Will get this rerelease if there's more tampo.

This fix was so easy at the end that I felt unsatisfied when my YF-19 was assembled back with the wings tight in all 3 positions! I can't believe Arcadia haven't figured it out already...

I had disassembled the whole wing but in final, the fix doesn't require any screw removal, you can fix it directly from any mode, because the only thing you need is a 2mm long x 1mm wide x 1 mm high plastic scraps, such as plastic cards, WSF leftovers, etc...

First step: With a pencil, write a small mark on the bottom of the wing, to indicate the area where the hole finishes. -This hole was designed to accept the metal arm for High Speed mode position-

post-15880-0-90580300-1451941825_thumb.jpg

2nd step: Take the small scrap of plastic, and glue it over the pencil mark. The plastic scrap should be aligned with the wing short side.

post-15880-0-07477500-1451941837_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-95055300-1451941901_thumb.jpg

Let the superglue dry and THAT'S IT!

Fighter mode:

post-15880-0-94343600-1451941956_thumb.jpg

Battroid mode:

post-15880-0-56353300-1451942073_thumb.jpg

High speed mode:

post-15880-0-02386100-1451942065_thumb.jpg

Click the follow this topic on the upper right of this thread. It'll send updates on this thread to your email. Usually folks will put up the links for the preorder sites. Forgot the price, I think it was 32800 yen maybe? I think it was cheaper. But we don't know if it's a straight reissue with all those extra weapons set or a different one with some revisions.

Edited by wmkjr

What was the MSRP on the original release and anyone have suggestions of where too preorder if they do rerelease it? I'm new and have wanted a 19 for a long time.

The msrp was 32800 yen, and you should be able to find the preorder on all the normal webstores.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com

etc

The preorders normally stay up for a while unlike the bandai ones.

This fix was so easy at the end that I felt unsatisfied when my YF-19 was assembled back with the wings tight in all 3 positions! I can't believe Arcadia haven't figured it out already...

I had disassembled the whole wing but in final, the fix doesn't require any screw removal, you can fix it directly from any mode, because the only thing you need is a 2mm long x 1mm wide x 1 mm high plastic scraps, such as plastic cards, WSF leftovers, etc...

First step: With a pencil, write a small mark on the bottom of the wing, to indicate the area where the hole finishes. -This hole was designed to accept the metal arm for High Speed mode position-

attachicon.gif001.jpg

2nd step: Take the small scrap of plastic, and glue it over the pencil mark. The plastic scrap should be aligned with the wing short side.

attachicon.gif002.jpg

attachicon.gif003.jpg

Let the superglue dry and THAT'S IT!

Fighter mode:

attachicon.gif004.jpg

Battroid mode:

attachicon.gif005.jpg

High speed mode:

attachicon.gif006.jpg

This is a brilliant fix.

anybody willing to put up the plastic nubs on shapeways :D?

This is a brilliant fix.

anybody willing to put up the plastic nubs on shapeways :D?

You can make the bits from an old credit card, or any plastic sheets that would be 1mm thick. Shapeways wouldn't allow to print such a small piece of 2mm x 1mm x 1mm ;)

Yeah, with the size Xigfrid has posted, you can get a Styrene Sheet from any Hobby Store for it. ;)

hehe!! If I did that then I would be buying everything and be broke and living on the street! :lol:

Hahaha! That's true. That's why I cancelled my VF-4G so that I will have budget on the VF-2SS Faerie SAP. Good thing I already have two. But I still want to have a new Arcadia VF-4G box. :lol:

Hahaha! That's true. That's why I cancelled my VF-4G so that I will have budget on the VF-2SS Faerie SAP. Good thing I already have two. But I still want to have a new Arcadia VF-4G box. :lol:

Just hope for your and everyone else sake whos buying the thing that the VF-2 actually turns out to be a decent thing..

Just hope for your and everyone else sake whos buying the thing that the VF-2 actually turns out to be a decent thing..

Hahaha! Reading this kinda feels like the Evolution Toys' VF-2SS is kinda cursed. Hehehe. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm