Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Missed the Black Friday sale on HLJ but luckily just a few days after release I saw one on ebay.

Bought it for $30 lower than MSRP (maybe seller scored on the BF HLJ sale) & used $45 ebay bucks = $75 discount!

And to make things sweeter, the seller was local. So shipping was free since it was a local pickup. Almost felt like living in Japan to have the item picked up as soon as payment is made.

Nice!

-b.

It actually says Discontinued at HLJ. :D

That's weird. Because the time I posted that one, it still says Low Stock. I guess, a lot of people did really like that YF-19 in spite of errors. I DO. That's why I wish the price will drop soon, say $200, so I can buy my second one. Even without those missles and fast packs, I'm good. Hehehe. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Well finally got around to transforming my copy and I'm pretty depressed. The ankles on mine are really loose. I have to balance it in battroid just right or it will fall over and even then a slight breeze will cause it to nose dive. I did not even put it in gerwalk to avoid stressing the ankles as I know its been an issue.

Really really disapointed in Arcadia, to the point that I may pass on anything else from them. I've been Yamato'd in the past and but for the price Arcadia is charging I just can't overlook something as basic as not being able to stand. Real shame too because it's such a great looking toy.

In the end Im sure I can disasseble the ankles and find a way to tighten them up but at $300 I'm kinda pissed I even have to. It basically ruined the toy for me and possibly my faith in Arcadia.

Update:

I was able to find a passable workaround. I angled the second joint above the ankle ball joint so that the feet are wider apart. This allows the top of the foot ball joint to rest against part of the inside leg, effectively locking the foot in place. It will only work for a basic "A" stance but at least the thing will stand now.

Still kinda a let down, but almost forgiven due to how awesome Battroid looks.... Almost.

Edited by Nerd-linger

...I have to balance it in battroid just right or it will fall over and even then a slight breeze will cause it to nose dive. I did not even put it in gerwalk to avoid stressing the ankles as I know its been an issue.

When in Battroid mode, have you pushed the ankle joints back in? In that way, feet are going to be well secured since it will just use minimal ankle joint movement when it's standing. It's like the side (white tan) part of the legs are almost touching the ground. That's what I do on mine. Anyways, hope that helps. :)

Well finally got around to transforming my copy and I'm pretty depressed. The ankles on mine are really loose. I have to balance it in battroid just right or it will fall over and even then a slight breeze will cause it to nose dive. I did not even put it in gerwalk to avoid stressing the ankles as I know its been an issue.

Really really disapointed in Arcadia, to the point that I may pass on anything else from them. I've been Yamato'd in the past and but for the price Arcadia is charging I just can't overlook something as basic as not being able to stand. Real shame too because it's such a great looking toy.

In the end Im sure I can disasseble the ankles and find a way to tighten them up but at $300 I'm kinda pissed I even have to. It basically ruined the toy for me and possibly my faith in Arcadia.

Update:

I was able to find a passable workaround. I angled the second joint above the ankle ball joint so that the feet are wider apart. This allows the top of the foot ball joint to rest against part of the inside leg, effectively locking the foot in place. It will only work for a basic "A" stance but at least the thing will stand now.

Still kinda a let down, but almost forgiven due to how awesome Battroid looks.... Almost.

Brace yourself... there is a crap storm coming. :lol:

When in Battroid mode, have you pushed the ankle joints back in? In that way, feet are going to be well secured since it will just use minimal ankle joint movement when it's standing. It's like the side (white tan) part of the legs are almost touching the ground. That's what I do on mine. Anyways, hope that helps. :)

That was what I was doing until I found my alternate workaround (see update on my original post).

Now that I really look.. I think my workaround might be what was done for the figure on the box cover image. My foot position is identical to that one.

Brace yourself... there is a crap storm coming. :lol:

Oh crap. I hope not.... Seriously I did not mean to start anything. I realize I may have been a little too negative in my initial post but I just needed to vent and where better than here? It's fine, I don't regret buying it, I was just disappointed in what otherwise would have been a perfect toy.

Oh crap. I hope not.... Seriously I did not mean to start anything. I realize I may have been a little too negative in my initial post but I just needed to vent and where better than here? It's fine, I don't regret buying it, I was just disappointed in what otherwise would have been a perfect toy.

Don't worry about it. ;)

I got mine a few days ago and I totally understand your sentiment. Mine has pretty loose ankles now, much more so than the VF-19F that I bought back in March (which I have transformed MANY times since). That, and the wing/hip connection in battroid is a little looser than I would like it to be; it still stays in position, but I don't know how long it will last. None of the other 19s I have (and I own every iteration) have such loose wing connection joints. Lastly, the Fast Packs are rather flimsy, which makes transforming into Fighter a real pain in the neck. I have the old 19 and that is a much smoother transformation.

I wasn't going to get one because I felt that the old YF-19 was good enough even if it looked lanky, but I took a chance and yes, while it is a nice toy, it does have its issues and they will probably worsen over time. The other VF-19s are definitely better in pretty much every respect. That said, I am more partial to those to begin with just because I prefer the cleaner, sleeker, sharper design of them, so there is probably a bit of a bias.

Arcadia, I'm begging you, do something about those damn ankles.

That was what I was doing until I found my alternate workaround (see update on my original post).

Now that I really look.. I think my workaround might be what was done for the figure on the box cover image. My foot position is identical to that one.

Cool. I just read again your update. And basically, we're doing the same thing when posed in Gerwalk mode. I have to rest the outside part of the feet on the inside area of the legs and that helps a lot when you have flimsy ankle joint. And when executed properly, you have one solid valk in your hands. ;)

Mine is kinda flimsy too when the feet is extended during Gerwalk mode. But don't worry, you're not alone on this one. Still not stopping me on wishing for a second one. Drop the price please, Oh Mighty Arcadia. :D

Edited by no3ljm

Actually, since I'm here, I would like to ask a question.

The instructions mention that the missiles inside the leg bays are removeable. Does anyone know exactly how to take them off? They seem pretty stiff and I don't want to pull in the wrong direction.

Sorry if this has been answered before. I haven't been checking this thread very often (even though I started it, heh).

The price is so damn ridiculous to me :X

Just got my VF-19S a few hours ago and I'm liking it so I'm definitely up for an Isamu. Some loose joints and that FRIGGING BACK COVER on the hands is so annoying (lost one already.... so sad).

Actually, since I'm here, I would like to ask a question.

The instructions mention that the missiles inside the leg bays are removeable. Does anyone know exactly how to take them off? They seem pretty stiff and I don't want to pull in the wrong direction.

Sorry if this has been answered before. I haven't been checking this thread very often (even though I started it, heh).

Decided to use my YF-19 as a guinea pig to remove one of those missiles, to remove them you'd have to pull straight up. There are two tabs that fight into the bottom of the missile that secure it to the door.

Re: the ankles a few members have been pretty vocal about their design so (unfortunately) that's nothing new or uncommon.

-b.

Nah...it's a pretty common sentiment that despite most of us really loving the 19 series of toys, most of us agree the ankles are (and have always been) shite. You are among friends here B))

Edited by xrentonx

Update:

Nope, you have every single right to be unhappy with those POS ankles. They've had seven releases to get them right (4 VF-19's, 2 VF-17's an the YF-19) to correct them and they haven't done it. Not only that the YF-19 seems MORE prone to having loose ankles out of the box bad enough that the 19 can't even stand. It's inexcusable how bad they are.

Sad part about the ankles.. by all rights, the design should work just fine. They just don't.. it's like there's just something fundamentally wrong with the shape or tolerances that makes the ball joints have completely uneven tension. It varies a lot, my YF-19's ankles have been fine so far, but I also prefer fighter mode so much, they rarely get any use.

I disagree, I think the issue is in design. Die-cast ball joints will always, always become loose. It's just a matter of time. So this needs to be redesigned. I'd rather they not use them at all. The old YF-19 and VF-11s and VF1s had ratcheted joints and I do not remember a single person asking for die-cast ball joints. Sure, poses have the *potential* to look better, but that's only when the joints are stiff enough to hold them.

Oh, good point. I was mostly thinking of how the ankles on the early VF-19 releases would be loose in the middle, and tighten up around the extremes. That's not a bad design, that's just shoddy CAD/manufacturing for that to happen.

But yes.. I'd rather they just go back to ratchets period. I'd much rather use a stand for fancy poses anyway.

On my -19, the ankles are very stiff left/right tilt, loose forward/backwards tilt. If they could just be rotated 90 degrees, it'd work fine. (as it's NOT going to suddenly "tilt all the way left and fall over" no matter how loose it is in that direction)

The price is so damn ridiculous to me :X

Just got my VF-19S a few hours ago and I'm liking it so I'm definitely up for an Isamu. Some loose joints and that FRIGGING BACK COVER on the hands is so annoying (lost one already.... so sad).

You lost what exactly? The blue guard with the black stripe that sits on the outside of the hand?

You lost what exactly? The blue guard with the black stripe that sits on the outside of the hand?

Its the black cover part that is connected right at the back of the hand (when you flip the hands out from fighter mode, so i guess the back cover). Found it so no biggie now. I'ma go get some superglue and make sure it stays on forever (I'm leaving it in battroid mode for sure).

They included two additional pieces to attach the Yamato Fold Booster to the Arcadia YF-19. The colors of the pieces seem to match the color of the booster. Since I don't have one I can't say for sure though.

The color of the fold booster pieces are the same green as the green weapons that come with the Arcadia YF-19.

It's slightly darker and more olive than the green used with the Yamato fold booster, but it's not that bad.

I receveid mine YF 19 it's amazing!! nothing broken, but is it normal the nose, cockpit, canopy it's bigger than a VF 25F renewal for both the scale is 1/60 right why this big difference?

that's cause of different designs, and also the DX Chogokin line was never touted as being really 1/60. afaik it's was never officially mentioned officially either

The DX Chogokin Valkyries from Macross Frontier are not scale models but they are roughly 1/60 scale. Jenius measures the Yamato 1/60 scale VF-19 as 1/56 in Fighter-Mode which should be similar in size than the Arcadia YF-19. The Renewal VF-25 is roughly 1/59 in Fighter-Mode.

Also keep in mind that those two Valkyries where designed in different periods with different tools so they don't compare well. In addition using the cockpit or the pilot for measurements is not a good idea.