Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Oh. Sorry.

The reason I posted here was that there was another comment about it being 'add-on' item for YF-19.

But it turn out - just rumors.

the 19 Gunpod dwarfs the 11B, haha

yeah and I thought 11B gunpod was big :blink: .

while handling both, the 11B felt really light compared to the 19. made it feels like the 11B is flimsier than the 19 (which is not true BTW).

same feelings when handling bandai 25 renewal with the VF-1.

This YF-19 does not look like a hot seller...

as it is still in stock everywhere

I guess the demand is pretty low for macross plus

Otherwise I have to admit that I am not happy with this bird for all reasons mentionned previously :

The ankles, the wings are pretty bad and the paint issues during the transformation were way overlooked during the developpement process from Arcadia !

at this price, it just deserves a 6.5/10

My YF-19 already received a re-painting with my airbrush ! it is a bit sad to have toys that are not problem free during transformations nowadays....

Seriously, at this price I was expecting more from Arcadia

This YF-19 does not look like a hot seller...

as it is still in stock everywhere

I guess the demand is pretty low for macross plus

Otherwise I have to admit that I am not happy with this bird for all reasons mentionned previously :

The ankles, the wings are pretty bad and the paint issues during the transformation were way overlooked during the developpement process from Arcadia !

at this price, it just deserves a 6.5/10

My YF-19 already received a re-painting with my airbrush ! it is a bit sad to have toys that are not problem free during transformations nowadays....

Seriously, at this price I was expecting more from Arcadia

I wouldn't say the demand is low for Macross Plus. The previous Yamato revisit sold well enough to do a reissue. The VF-11B still generates enough interest for people shelling out top dollar. Personally, I believe it's really the cost that prevents it from being sold out. Had it been cheaper, I'm sure multiple purchases would be considered. With all the QC issues, lack of tampo printing and no display stand included - it is pretty hard to justify the luxury cost for this bird. I agree with you that I expected more from Arcadia and Kawamori for the price I paid. They should have taken their time with it rather than push it's release date. However, I can't cry over spilled milk. It is the best YF-19 toy in the market right now. Perhaps some fans are waiting for a sale? I'll jump on another one if that happens.

I wouldn't say the demand is low for Macross Plus. The previous Yamato revisit sold well enough to do a reissue. The VF-11B still generates enough interest for people shelling out top dollar. Personally, I believe it's really the cost that prevents it from being sold out. Had it been cheaper, I'm sure multiple purchases would be considered. With all the QC issues, lack of tampo printing and no display stand included - it is pretty hard to justify the luxury cost for this bird. I agree with you that I expected more from Arcadia and Kawamori for the price I paid. They should have taken their time with it rather than push it's release date. However, I can't cry over spilled milk. It is the best YF-19 toy in the market right now. Perhaps some fans are waiting for a sale? I'll jump on another one if that happens.

I have to agree that it is the best yf-19 in the market and it is way over priced. :)

well... as i like to transform my toys, it could have been better

the other option is to buy 3, one for each mode to get 100% satisfaction on this release if you want perfect yf-19 on display :ph34r:

That's kind of why I did save up and grab two of them. One's a little sturdier than the other, so it's the one I'm just leaving in fighter mode forever, while the other is the one I'll transform and play around with. Already filed down the backplate so it doesn't scratch the nose, and I'm looking at how to keep the backplate hinge from scratching the black behind the cockpit.

As far as pricing though, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a bare-bones release later down the line like they did with the YF-21. Basically, just remove the second tray, and you've got the YF-19 itself without the fast packs and extra weapons. That might knock a good 5000 yen off the base price. I'd also expect any repaints like the Supernova schemes to do the same thing, since the only actual source for all those external weapons was that single drawing.

Actually, for all the extras they put into this version, I'm surprised they left out a rear canopy replacement cover, for the bit where Yang got ejected. It'd be incredibly simple to scratch build one though, since there's no moving parts on it, and the canopies are both easy to remove by just pulling out the sliding hinges.

the 19 Gunpod dwarfs the 11B, haha

Not really it's the angle of the shot. Do a side by side comparison and they are about the same. (with the bayonet included they are closely matched in length)

3CZrlCY.jpg

Both are solid toys. Even though VF-11 lack the diecast it doesn't feel fragile. Just light.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Also I am going to assume the stock also extends on the VF-11 one but they didn't include that gimmick on the 1/60 toys. This would make it longer. Being a bigger robot overall the 19 needs the extra power so a slightly bigger gun makes sense..

Still they are both dwarfed by the VF-17 one (stealthy gorilla)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Had time this weekend to panel line and trim/apply stickers to Isamu's ride finally...Here's the results. Some of the panel lines are damn near impossible to fill in, <_< sooo small, had to actually draw my X-Acto knife across a couple of them so they would hold the wash. :wacko: I think the stickers are better than Yamato's. Seemed easier to trim and a little thinner to me.

post-11393-0-10711800-1398637873_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-66405400-1398637883_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-88799200-1398637892_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-23609500-1398637903_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-47429700-1398637913_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-20834600-1398637927_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-47368100-1398637935_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-58438700-1398637943_thumb.jpg

Ah, so you put the wash directly into the panel line and pray you don't slop it out? If so, that must be what the moist finger is for. Thanks! Didn't know if you applied the wash over the whole thing or what.

No. You definitely don't wanna apply it over the whole thing. I did it that way on a couple of old VF-1's that I wanted to look really used, but it WILL DARKEN AND STAIN THE PLASTIC ON A WHITE OR LIGHT COLORED VALK fairly easily. Painting the wash into the panel lines works much better if you are going for a cleaner look. If you run outside the lines it's not the end of the world, just don't let it dry toooo long, and wipe it off with your fingertip or a slightly moist or dry paper towel. I suggest practicing on something older first. It takes a while to get the hang of it. Also the plastic used on the toy can make your life easy....or hard.

Had time this weekend to panel line and trim/apply stickers to Isamu's ride finally...Here's the results. Some of the panel lines are damn near impossible to fill in, <_< sooo small, had to actually draw my X-Acto knife across a couple of them so they would hold the wash. :wacko: I think the stickers are better than Yamato's. Seemed easier to trim and a little thinner to me.

This looks cool! Great job on the panel lining and decals. ^_^ Btw, did you apply topcoat on this one? Now, I wish I have extra dough for a 2nd one. :lol:

sorry for the grainy picture

IMG_2519_zps78595f7b.jpg

What grainy? All I see is pure awesomeness. B))

nope. no topcoat.

How about the edge of the stickers? Would it get dirty or something in time by holding and playing with it? If so, what's the best way to eliminate that? Thanks and sorry about the noob question. Never tried applying stickers yet on my valks. :)

Edited by no3ljm

Great, professional-looking shots Saburo! keep the pictures coming!

Thank you for the compliment aaajin. I'll be trying to posting more pics soon.

Also keeping posting your pics too, my collection is not vast as many of the members here on MW.

I always like to see all the different Valks out there.

Edited by Saburo

How about the edge of the stickers? Would it get dirty or something in time by holding and playing with it? If so, what's the best way to eliminate that? Thanks and sorry about the noob question. Never tried applying stickers yet on my valks. :)

I would say wash your hands first and don't slide your fingers along any of the surfaces while applying hard pressure. There's never really a place on any of the Valks that is so covered in decals that you can't hold it without avoiding them. Even in dusty New Mexico I've never had a problem with the decals becoming dirty. The only decal I've had start to come off is on this new 19, and it's the danger sticker that is split across two transforming sections on the hips. Though I did notice when applying them that they didn't seem nearly as sticky as the rest of the decals on the sheet so it's possible I just got a few bums.

Don't be alarmed! So yea... this happened. One of the first things I noticed while it was in fighter mode was that the head was tilted. I finally transformed the YF-19 after the month I've had it (I've been busy with work and gaming, lol). I took apart the visor assembly and attempted to wiggle the head into alignment and it fell apart. It wasn't glued or anything. The thing I noticed that caused the miss alignment was that the rotating axis on the right and the left side of the halves were different diameters. This caused the right half not to sit flush in neck, leaving it with a tilted look. Meh, I guess I'm just leaving this here for reference.

post-4919-0-23558100-1398789147_thumb.jpg

post-4919-0-28687500-1398789200_thumb.jpg

Don't be alarmed! So yea... this happened. One of the first things I noticed while it was in fighter mode was that the head was tilted. I finally transformed the YF-19 after the month I've had it (I've been busy with work and gaming, lol). I took apart the visor assembly and attempted to wiggle the head into alignment and it fell apart. It wasn't glued or anything. The thing I noticed that caused the miss alignment was that the rotating axis on the right and the left side of the halves were different diameters. This caused the right half not to sit flush in neck, leaving it with a tilted look. Meh, I guess I'm just leaving this here for reference.

This further makes me think that the miss-alignment with the wings (everybody thinks I'm crazy for noticing) is also due to something similar.

This further makes me think that the miss-alignment with the wings (everybody thinks I'm crazy for noticing) is also due to something similar.

The miss alignment with the wings is probably due to something similar, but one would have to take them apart to determine this. We're not crazy, lol.

Overall This YF-19 is awesome! It's solid and everything aligns very well in all the modes. I originally thought the shoulders were too wide from the initial test/sample production pics, but it actually looks great in person. Arcadia definitely made improvements over Yamato's version, but Arcadia also introduced a bunch of small problems in the process by adding on more things. LOL.

Yea I agree that the ankles could've seen another redesign, the metal hinges on the wings (for high speed mode) may see some wear and tear over time, the rubbing on the fuselage from sitting in battroid mode, etc. are somethings that were kind of over looked.

I even noticed one more tiny thing. The missle bays on the legs. When you lift them up from the bottom, the top half may suffer from some small damage due to the thin vertical tab that is placed there for support. The function of the vertical tab is so the cover doesn't fall into the bay. I don't have pics for this, but you may notice it if you own Arcadia's YF-19. This will eventually lead to some more noticeable damage over time.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

The miss alignment with the wings is probably due to something similar, but one would have to take them apart to determine this. We're not crazy, lol.

Overall This YF-19 is awesome! It's solid and everything aligns very well in all the modes. I originally thought the shoulders were too wide from the initial test/sample production pics, but it actually looks great in person. Arcadia definitely made improvements over Yamato's version, but Arcadia also introduced a bunch of small problems in the process by adding on more things. LOL.

Yea I agree that the ankles could've seen another redesign, the metal hinges on the wings (for high speed mode) may see some wear and tear over time, the rubbing on the fuselage from sitting in battroid mode, etc. are somethings that were kind of over looked.

I even noticed one more tiny thing. The missle bays on the legs. When you lift them up from the bottom, the top half may suffer from some small damage due to the thin vertical tab that is placed there for support. The function of the vertical tab is so the cover doesn't fall into the bay. I don't have pics for this, but you may notice it if you own Arcadia's YF-19. This will eventually lead to some more noticeable damage over time.

I'm just saying, I was treated like an idiot for point it out.

Thanks for doing a thorough look out for other points of potential failure/damage over time. These are all things we can be mindful of when messing with them from now on.

Still very happy that my copy is OK, and that knock-on-wood with none of the issues pointed present on the one that I've opened. It's even fallen off of the flex-stand a couple of times and each time where a wing was moved or something got knocked out of place I was able to get it back with no issues.

The only potential problem I've noticed is that I can see the likelihood for ankles to get loose if posed or used over time.

-b.

I don't think you are crazy Mommar. Not all toys are made equal even from the same production line. We all seem to have different problems withe the toys we buy. I still have not transformed the one I opened of the two I bought. I may actually have the head problem on mine, but will not know until I actually take the time out to play with it. I noticed it seemed like the head was not install right on the neck in fighter mode. It looked uneven and sounds like the problem that Psycho has.