Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Well, I finally cave in and order one from AmiAmi, they only ship EMS and the cost of shipping was horrible, but at least I received my item in perfect condition, except the left tail fin is a tad loose. I have had unpleasant experience with HLJ, I hardly ever received a near perfect box, so I ten not to order from them.

I must say, I'm glad I bought this Arcadia version, the toy feel nice and solid, where as the Yamato version, it's much inferior. I love the rear landing gear on this Arcadia version, the Yamato version, the wheels are crooked.

post-7962-0-45945500-1397959247_thumb.jpg

post-7962-0-50139700-1397959288_thumb.jpg

If I am remembering correctly, Yamato announced the VF-17 series first and then Bandai made a reactionary move and released the VF-171. I think the same also holds true with the YF-19 vs YF-29 Isamu. Please correct me if I am wrong though, but that is how I remember it. I buy them all so my memory could be a bit foggy. Bandai was trying to take some sales away from Yamato/Arcadia with the equivalent Mac Frontier updated version of each respective unit.

I'm just getting caught up so maybe someone has commented but I think this slant wouldn't ring true. Bandai had a VF-171 designed but they were afraid to make further investment in it. It was the success of the renewal VF-25 that convinced them to give it a go. Since the 171 was designed before the 17 if Bandai was really reacting to Yamato's 17 release they could have sold the 171 six months earlier so it would drop at the same time as the Yamato toy but they didn't do that.

I'm just getting caught up so maybe someone has commented but I think this slant wouldn't ring true. Bandai had a VF-171 designed but they were afraid to make further investment in it. It was the success of the renewal VF-25 that convinced them to give it a go. Since the 171 was designed before the 17 if Bandai was really reacting to Yamato's 17 release they could have sold the 171 six months earlier so it would drop at the same time as the Yamato toy but they didn't do that.

Thanks Jenius, it must have just been the way the announcements were made then. I don't remember anything being shown until after the Yamato announcements.

Who would post a review up here? You'll just get slammed for your opinions...

Unless you hate it, then everyone will chime in with the things they hate about theirs. MW clearly draws from the Dark Side of the Force----negative emotions continually feed on each other. (and people think we're joking about the whole "Sith Lord Graham" thing...)

Found a review (not video) while Google-ing to see if there were any video reviews out there and came across this one - apologies if this was already posted;

http://playevolution.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/arcadia-160-yf-19-with-fast-pack/

First, credit to whomever created the review, MW member or not.

Second, the tone seems to mirror what some of the more vocal members have been saying about this release in that it's not a glowing review, but certainly not one that trashes Arcadia's YF-19 either.

Enjoy!

-b.

The only thing I would change about that review is to include that, if you've never owned a Yammie YF-19 or the VF-19 then this thing is as good as it gets right now. If you do happen to have a Yammie 19 and that's it it's still as good as it gets. If you have VF-19 your experience may not be as positive depending on the factors described.

Edited by Mommar

Guest davidwhangchoi

twitter in japan dialogue with Mr. K:

mr. k

Customer support .... It Difficult to find the good parts about assembly parts BECAUSE There Are many ....

customer:

If this and the ankle ball joint are said it is necessary to be mended, is the pin pulled out and is the hinder leg of the forefoot resolved??A serious terrible nature.
mr. k:
The shaft pin is corked stripes outside the basis. Strangely it is likely to damage, and because it is thought when becoming loose when fixing it again.
The ankle does very and I think whether I exchange the leg in the under from the thigh parts for [maru] when not is. The exchanged legs and inspecting goods other than the ankle are done.
customer:
Indeed,That pin is not certainly good when pulling it out. I felt [tte]. To the instinct target. It is even where however ..ankle.. safe, an out ..where.., and is slight [natoko] and [suyone]. 。。Then, it is serious.
mr.k
The word said, "Specification" based on the manufacturer standard is - ..originating...
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I can't make out what they're saying.

the conclusion i got was i'm not moving my ankles.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

The YF-19 looks terrible. I might have to cancel my order I have with HLJ.

that's NOT what it looks like correctly in fighter. i think you need to look at another review unless you're looking for a reason not to like it.

the conclusion i got was i'm not moving my ankles.

Basically a customer was asking if he can pull out the Ankle shaft pin and send for replacement service (to fix the loose ball joint)

Mr.K replied that he doesn't recommend pulling out the ankle pin (because it won''t come out) - instead try disassembling from thigh parts and send for replacement. (so that they will check it as a 'part unit')

Also from his other twit, it sounds like it takes a while to get the parts serviced. (based on 'first come first' policy)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Basically a customer was asking if he can pull out the Ankle shaft pin and send for replacement service (to fix the loose ball joint)

Mr.K replied that he doesn't recommend pulling out the ankle pin (because it won''t come out) - instead try disassembling from thigh parts and send for replacement. (so that they will check it as a 'part unit')

Also from his other twit, it sounds like it takes a while to get the parts serviced. (based on 'first come first' policy)

thanks! i'm envious we can't get warranty service for our ankles. i'll have to preserve them by not moving them or take a chance with anime52k8's ankle guide he posted.

Guest davidwhangchoi

my fold booster was in nyc, then in long island and now is in virginia. i feel you man. i prob wont get it till another month when they ship it back to ny then send it to nj.

my booster found it's way to me today:

photo6_zpsc5aa6588.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just got this in the mail. And as my first experience of a 19, I am impressed so far. Will try Gerwalk and Battroid modes later. Although, I have found it a bit difficult to get Isamu into the cockpit properly. He doesn't want to sit low enough. I had to spread his legs with a screwdriver (ahem) to get him to sit flat on the seat.

2838B702-0F3A-4EDB-BCEC-13E3A1848DA9.jpg

7B48C9F9-1A69-4A37-B0EE-5AB1A1A9B2E1.jpg

Question to those in the know:

Is there a correct/incorrect way to go about missile loadouts/configurations? I have no idea whether there is a standard for what goes where and what can go with what. Or doesn't it matter at all?

I think the fun is just experimenting and playing around with different loadout configurations. Just have fun with it! Congrats on the toy, you'll certainly enjoy it the more you spend time with it, swapping missiles and FAST packs.

Just got this in the mail. And as my first experience of a 19, I am impressed so far. Will try Gerwalk and Battroid modes later. Although, I have found it a bit difficult to get Isamu into the cockpit properly. He doesn't want to sit low enough. I had to spread his legs with a screwdriver (ahem) to get him to sit flat on the seat.

2838B702-0F3A-4EDB-BCEC-13E3A1848DA9.jpg

Question to those in the know:

Is there a correct/incorrect way to go about missile loadouts/configurations? I have no idea whether there is a standard for what goes where and what can go with what. Or doesn't it matter at all?

Interesting, the wings on yours look different from mine and more correct. Both of them have a mild curve up and out. My left one kinda curves down at the end and my right one is completely flat.

You can do the missiles up how you like. There are several different load-outs shown in the VF-19 Master File book that all look good. To me I think having a high maneuver missle (HMM-11C's) on the outside and middle hard points and nothing else looks really good. But you can use the innermost with a single Reaction Warhead, or LPP-12 (goofy looking green things), or doubled-up SPP-8's (those flat green boxes with the multiple red ports) and that looks good too. Just because you have the hard points doesn't mean you have to use them all. Having HMM-11C's on the outermost hard points and a single Reaction Warhead on each of the middle hard points looks good too.

Edited by Mommar

For weapons:

As a rule, bigger/heavier things go inboard. But having sufficient clearance around the weapons supercedes most all. Asymmetry is totally fine between the wings, so long as the weights are roughly equal. (so, don't put all the heavy stuff on one wing and all the light stuff on the other---also don't have heavy-outboard on one wing and heavy-inboard on the other)

On real planes, most every configuration and weapon combo is specifically tested before being allowed. Just because for example the AMRAAM, Sidewinder, and Maverick are all approved for that plane---doesn't mean you can just load them wherever they'll fit. Airflow interaction between the weapons/pylons/fuselage is critical, and clearance between their fins etc.

For weapons:As a rule, bigger/heavier things go inboard. But having sufficient clearance around the weapons supercedes most all. Asymmetry is totally fine between the wings, so long as the weights are roughly equal. (so, don't put all the heavy stuff on one wing and all the light stuff on the other---also don't have heavy-outboard on one wing and heavy-inboard on the other)On real planes, most every configuration and weapon combo is specifically tested before being allowed. Just because for example the AMRAAM, Sidewinder, and Maverick are all approved for that plane---doesn't mean you can just load them wherever they'll fit. Airflow interaction between the weapons/pylons/fuselage is critical, and clearance between their fins etc.

Yeah I figured the heavier things went closer to the fuselage. I threw a few missiles on just after I took those photos and the setup doesn't look right, hence the question. But I'm a bit surprised that you say asymmetry being ok. I figured that you'd want to keep it as symmetrical as possible to avoid having more drag on one side than the other.