Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I spent a lot of time today transforming my 19 and you can put me in the you-better-believe-I-had-a-fu*cking-positive-experience category! I love this bird and it was worth my money. Sorry to anyone who was underwhelmed but I don't hold that opinion at all. I had a lot of positives but I am not blinded to the few negatives I did see.

So negatives first...

1) ANKLES! Why, why, why didn't they change the design on them? They are as bad as the VF-19 series and I did not mess with them much.

Rest of these are minor...

2) Vertical STABs are a little loose and I agree that they should have used the actual flaps for the folding point. Also, it would have been nice if they folded flat against the back of the leg.

3) Armor is really tough to put on and I think a little sanding will do some good.

4) Gun is missing some detail on the top. It still looks good though and I like the color just fine.

Now for the positives...

1) It's beautiful in all modes!

2) Plastic quality feels really good to me. Doesn't feel cheap at all. Feels just right and even better than the VF-19 series. My 19P has a loose crotch hinge that feels cheap, for example. Maybe I got a bum 19P. This was not so with my YF-19.

3) Everything else is tight as a drum.

4) Detail is sharp and I did cut my finger on one of the vertical stabs returning her to fighter mode.

5) Feels pretty damn on par with the VF-4 release to me. There are no perfect Valk releases (no such thing) but this is a very good release.

6) The heft. Tons of diecast. The weight on this girl feels really nice B))

7) I get TWO lanky Isamus? How generous!

8) Tons of missiles and accessories. I like me some options.

9) I like the sliding plates on the shield and the gun gimmick that goes with it is cool.

10) The tampo printing that is there is sharp and clear. Don't care about "no steps" and such.

Things I didn't care about either way...

...just high speed mode. I didn't touch it. I moved the wing very little during transformation and it stayed put the entire time so I didn't have any problems with it.

By the time I transformed from fighter to GERWALK to Battroid back to fighter, everything fit together really well. When she was back in fighter mode, she fit better than she came out of the box.

Every single one of you should be doing a transformation to make sure there's nothing wrong with your Valks. I don't get collectors who never transform their Valks. I go very slow and deliberate and never had any problems with them so you should have some fun with your things while you still have a chance. You leave the transformation up to the factory workers and you may miss something they did wrong (like crack something that's hidden from you).

I only transformed my one from HLJ but I'm gonna give my second one from amiami a go soon. Things to watch out for that I'll reiterate here:

1) The metal backpack hinge scraping against the black paint when going into Batroid mode. I found that if I went very slowly and straightened out that hinge first and placing it gently against the black painted part, I didn't have any scraping at all.

2) The black paint on the cockpit frame may also be scraped against the backpack. I was also very careful with this part.

...basically just watch out for paint scraping when snapping the cockpit into the backpack since that is where the fit is tightest and where the most black paint can be scraped.

All in all, I love this new 19!

saw this in the arcadia's blog today http://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-11822285942.html

google translate it :

'Elo you are.

It is Mr. K of the membrane in the mechanism responsible representative.

Now I'd like to let me found in the blog in a hurry,

Query

In order to fix the fast pack of "YF-19",

The left and right of the parts you want to give the calves do not know!

It is not specified in the instruction manual!

· · · I have received opinions and.

Left and right parts, but I certainly exists,

It does not describe the left and right in the manual ....

The Do not let there be an explanation to take this opportunity!

First of all, please look at the pictures.

It is a part of gray in a photograph.

As indicated by the yellow arrow, a person who, pointed

Please attach it so that the inside of the leg.

Have caused trouble,

Thank you hasten! !

++++

i think its about the fast pack

i'm not touching me feet ever. this is staying in fighter mode till i know how to super glue to re stiffen ankle ball joints.

sorry, but I forgot to take pictures when I took mine apart the first time and frankly, I don't intend to ever take it fully apart again (It's that harrowing an experience).

anyways, what I did (and I will absolutely not be held responsible for any of horrible breakages if you try this) was start by pulling the entire foot assembly out of the leg. it turns out that if you pull strait down on the foot as if you where extending the ankle hard enough, you can jump the tracks and stops that hold it in, and you get this thing here:

post-4286-0-14592500-1397463507_thumb.jpg

now, to get the ball joint itself apart you have to loosen the two silver screws visible in the first picture. notice that the one on the heel side is obscured by the heel itself, well the heel does physically block that screw which makes taking this whole thing apart really difficult.

In addition to the screws you can see, there are two metal spring pins that you can't see that also hold the two halves of the ankles together and connect the plastic feet parts to the metal ankle parts. the following pictures are from the VF-19S, but they're very similar to the YF-19 (unfortunately)

this is the pin, it is evil:

post-4286-0-78725600-1397464973_thumb.jpg

it goes through loops on the inside of the soles of the feet, like so:

post-4286-0-55461900-1397464994_thumb.jpg

and through the further down holes on the metal ankle part:

post-4286-0-60524100-1397465046_thumb.jpg

anyways, the one good thing about the YF-19 over the VF-19 is that, in order to get the feet apart to get at said evil pin, you don't have to break the foot because there's no glue involved.

there's just a single, plainly visible screw on the bottom of the foot:

post-4286-0-74398600-1397465189_thumb.jpg

now, you don't have to take the feet off. I was able to get the ankle apart by loosening the screws and wedging the metal pieces apart with a flat head screw driver. still to get enough flex to do that you'll still want to remove the top of the feet and if you can get the heel off without breaking it, I recommend doing so because otherwise you're probably going to maul the plastic closest to the screw with your screwdriver.

anyways, once you've got the ball out of its socket, just apply superglue/future/nail polish/whatever you think will work best for this application. once you're done, reverse the process to get the thing put back together.

Mr. K is pointing something about grey calve parts...

Any decent translation?

http://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-11822285942.html

scroll up a few posts ;) . Basically, he's explaining how those little grey blocks are supposed to be installed onto the back of the legs because nothing on the toy or in the instructions or on the box indicates which one goes on the right and which one goes on the left.

scroll up a few posts ;) . Basically, he's explaining how those little grey blocks are supposed to be installed onto the back of the legs because nothing on the toy or in the instructions or on the box indicates which one goes on the right and which one goes on the left.

Even though if you look at the shape of the calves it's painfully obvious which one goes where...

Even though if you look at the shape of the calves it's painfully obvious which one goes where...

I don't think it's that obvious in battroid mode, at least on mine, they don't attach all that securely and don't exactly line up with the shape of the leg no matter what side you put them on. it's only when you get it in fighter mode and realize there's not enough clearance for the arms if you have the longer side on the inside.

I don't think it's that obvious in battroid mode, at least on mine, they don't attach all that securely and don't exactly line up with the shape of the leg no matter what side you put them on. it's only when you get it in fighter mode and realize there's not enough clearance for the arms if you have the longer side on the inside.

On either the original broken one or the replacement both of those parts snap down solid for me if they're on the correct side. Then again I find this release to be highly inconsistent between each toy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

sorry, but I forgot to take pictures when I took mine apart the first time and frankly, I don't intend to ever take it fully apart again (It's that harrowing an experience).

Wow thanks! props for the guide and pics.

On either the original broken one or the replacement both of those parts snap down solid for me if they're on the correct side. Then again I find this release to be highly inconsistent between each toy.

yeah, on mine they don't snap in pace, the slide over the clips on the leg and hold via friction.

Humm, what's usually the turn around time for repaints on a new mold. I want a VF-X2 Ravens version already.

There's nothing usual about Arcadia's releases. They haven't been producing stuff long enough to know if/when they would do something like that.

yeah, on mine they don't snap in pace, the slide over the clips on the leg and hold via friction.

Mine too.

Fighter mode with FP's confounds me. I'm clearly doing SOMETHING wrong, but for the life of me i don't know what. Are the arms suppose to sit in a groove or anything? In fighter they sit neatly in the leg groove, its easy to see. In FP Fighter, that groove sits to low, so the arms just sort of hang there, and the legs aren't as close together. Is that right?

Mine too.

Fighter mode with FP's confounds me. I'm clearly doing SOMETHING wrong, but for the life of me i don't know what. Are the arms suppose to sit in a groove or anything? In fighter they sit neatly in the leg groove, its easy to see. In FP Fighter, that groove sits to low, so the arms just sort of hang there, and the legs aren't as close together. Is that right?

That's correct. Sometimes when in FP mode, it made the valk wobbly since the legs are not interlocking with the back plate area. So basically, the arms are just hanging and somehow still sits in the groove as long the peg connectors on the shoulder FP part and the grey part thing at the back of the leg are properly connected.

It's why the back leg attachments helps secure the legs to keep in line in the shoulder FP peg. So once that interlocks, it helps to stabilize the legs in place. Hope that helps. :)

Edited by no3ljm

Its F*ckn on! Wooohooo Roger Roger!!

DSC_0156_zps0ad8b1c3.jpg

Did a quick inspection real quick and everything seems to be all intact. Could have been 8 but the USPS has the broken on now...

Envy me. :blink: Great haul, Kicker773! Hope to see the custom schemes in the future. ;)

Mine too.

There's three parts to the Fast Packs. There's the leg pack that sticks to the side of the leg. There's the second leg pack that fits onto the back of the leg, and that's what the arm attaches to when in fighter mode. Then there's the shoulder pack.

Not sure if this is already been answered. Did anyone tried and fit any VF-25's Super Packs boosters on Arcadia YF-19? If so, which version fits well? The Version 1 or the Renewal ones?

Thanks. :)

Neither of them really fits. You have to extend the wing all the way out and even still the pack doesn't really attach and is just wedged on.

Neither of them really fits. You have to extend the wing all the way out and even still the pack doesn't really attach and is just wedged on.

Thanks Mommar for the fast reply. But when you say extend the wings, does this mean like exposing a little bit of the metal swing bars? By doing so, is there a possiblity that the VF-25 packs may scratch YF-19's wing area, in case of inserting it wrong? Thanks.

Thanks Mommar for the fast reply. But when you say extend the wings, does this mean like exposing a little bit of the metal swing bars? By doing so, is there a possiblity that the VF-25 packs may scratch YF-19's wing area, in case of inserting it wrong? Thanks.

There's no way to "correctly" insert the packs. They really don't fit and were never designed to. However, you have to extend the metal swing bar. Essentially the 25 packs will fit over that bar. Everything else on the 19 is too thick.

There's no way to "correctly" insert the packs. They really don't fit and were never designed to. However, you have to extend the metal swing bar. Essentially the 25 packs will fit over that bar. Everything else on the 19 is too thick.

Thanks for the insight Mommar. I don't have any VF-25's nor their super packs to test fit it and I still don't see anyone posting a photo with it even on other site. Anyways, thanks for the clarification. :)

Thanks for the insight Mommar. I don't have any VF-25's nor their super packs to test fit it and I still don't see anyone posting a photo with it even on other site. Anyways, thanks for the clarification. :)

I believe there was someone in this very thread who posted pics of their 19 with the Fast Packs crammed on it.

Snap some shots of the arms resting on the leg's groove with fast packs. Hope that helps. :)

IMG_4289_zps4299b1ac.jpg

IMG_4288_zps76a5a2a9.jpg

I believe there was someone in this very thread who posted pics of their 19 with the Fast Packs crammed on it.

I didn't know that. Thanks again Mommar. Time to browse some old pages again. Hehehe. :lol:

Snap some shots of the arms resting on the leg's groove with fast packs. Hope that helps. :)

IMG_4289_zps4299b1ac.jpg

IMG_4288_zps76a5a2a9.jpg

I didn't know that. Thanks again Mommar. Time to browse some old pages again. Hehehe. :lol:

Wow...thanks for that pic. And definitely you have to do another video but with the FP now.

IMG_4289_zps4299b1ac.jpg

IMG_4288_zps76a5a2a9.jpg

Thanks, that clearly shows I'm doing something wrong. The arms aren't sitting in the grooves of mine. Can u shoot a pic from the side and the back, so I can see how u have the legs positioned? I think i have them sitting to low, though how that works with the wings eludes me.

Its clearly something in the positioning of the arms and legs

Has anybody else noticed that the stickers say "NEWEDWARS T.F.C." instead of "NEW EDWARDS T.F.C."? Looking at Graham's old review of the V2, I just noticed its stickers had the same mistake too.

I put the "Keep Crean" stickers on my VF-4G's because I thought it was hilarious.

Has anybody else noticed that the stickers say "NEWEDWARS T.F.C." instead of "NEW EDWARDS T.F.C."? Looking at Graham's old review of the V2, I just noticed its stickers had the same mistake too.

they've never gotten it right before, why start now. maybe they keep doing it on purpose to troll/be all meta and stuff.

Edited by anime52k8

Yup. It's why I refuse to use those stickers. I think Hasegawa got it wrong too.