Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I just got mine. I think the gerwalk is my favourite mode. The ankles aren't much of a problem in that mode. It doesn't feel that I am forcing it unlike the VF-19P that I have (even with considerable force, the ankle will not move back for gerwalk on my 19P). It's not really as fun to play with as the VF-19 though, which is a bummer.

I just got mine. I think the gerwalk is my favourite mode. The ankles aren't much of a problem in that mode. It doesn't feel that I am forcing it unlike the VF-19P that I have (even with considerable force, the ankle will not move back for gerwalk on my 19P). It's not really as fun to play with as the VF-19 though, which is a bummer.

It doesn't feel you're forcing it but after i put Gerwalk through it's paces Battroid could not stand on it's own anymore.

For those of you who were waiting for a transformation video, hope this one will help. Too bad YouTube removed my audio since I have Macross Plus music in the background. Hehehe. :D No worries, besides the background music, all you will hear is the plastic and clicking sound of the valk plus my sigh and breathe sounds while transforming. Hahaha! :lol:

Anyways, enjoy! :)

Edited by no3ljm

Thanks aaajin. Sorry about that, maybe I forgot to do it. :)

Regarding the concerns on the ankle joints, I guess everyone needs to play the ankle joint a litte bit more. What I did when in Battroid mode is, after pulling the joints to open the feet, I pushed back the joints back to the legs. Like 2-3 clicks back. Illusion-wise it looks like the YF-19's wearing a buggy pants and low-cut shoes. But the joint is stiff once it place nicely. Same thing with Gerwalk mode, I try not to pull all the way, but instead just use level 2 (2 clicks pulling?), just the right amount of exposing the joints but not as same as Battroid look. And again, once it place properly, the loose ball feeling is gone. And mine also has that loose ball joint feeling too. But when I tried those mentioned joint-playing, it works out ok. Hope that helps. ^_^

By the way, I already transformed my YF-19 more than 10 times already. I guess I really like this valk huh. :wub: Now, waiting for the renewal YF-21 announcement... :rolleyes:

Thanks aaajin. Sorry about that, maybe I forgot to do it. :)

Regarding the concerns on the ankle joints, I guess everyone needs to play the ankle joint a litte bit more. What I did when in Battroid mode is, after pulling the joints to open the feet, I pushed back the joints back to the legs. Like 2-3 clicks back. Illusion-wise it looks like the YF-19's wearing a buggy pants and low-cut shoes. But the joint is stiff once it place nicely. Same thing with Gerwalk mode, I try not to pull all the way, but instead just use level 2 (2 clicks pulling?), just the right amount of exposing the joints but not as same as Battroid look. And again, once it place properly, the loose ball feeling is gone. And mine also has that loose ball joint feeling too. But when I tried those mentioned joint-playing, it works out ok. Hope that helps. ^_^

By the way, I already transformed my YF-19 more than 10 times already. I guess I really like this valk huh. :wub: Now, waiting for the renewal YF-21 announcement... :rolleyes:

no we should thank you for the video. was worried about you possibly breaking your $300+ toy when not transformed correctly. Thanks for the video! I know for certain that I did not release the hip wings correctly until I saw your video (by rotating the legs to the sides)

You're welcome aaajin. Glad to be of help. ^_^

And true. I'm worried too everytime I transform this one. It's different than the VF-1's that I have. Those get beating everytime I pull the crotch bar from the fuselage. Hehehe. :D

Play with the VF-19S last night, got to say I like the plastic they use on the VF more, the whole thing feels more solid, joints are tight but are still smooth to move at the same time, may be it is the gloss finishing helps parts to moves more freely?

Guest davidwhangchoi
  1. @ Mrk_arcadia I was allowed to YF-19 purchase! 's The one question, I would fall down is in nearly falling forward ankle joint is not withstand its own weight Battroid time, and stand up for a while, but do What a stand required?

2. @ Tokyo_Incident It survives in the shape of a ball joint ankle when I can have bitterness try to find a place ... cormorant strength. Please try to make ends meet height in the vertical direction and the angle. Sorry to trouble you, but ... please.

3. @ Tokyo_Incident - I'm sorry. Please try to comment on the customer still Dattara as loose. Thank you.

For those of you who were waiting for a transformation video, hope this one will help. Too bad YouTube removed my audio since I have Macross Plus music in the background. Hehehe. :D No worries, besides the background music, all you will hear is the plastic and clicking sound of the valk plus my sigh and breathe sounds while transforming. Hahaha! :lol:

Anyways, enjoy! :)

Great silent video, thank you! Everything works perfectly well when properly handled.

Of course the ankles won't work for him! He's a cat!

Mine is flawless thus far, or as flawless as it can be considering. My only critiques are that the aforementioned fast packs could benefit from magnets in the leg armor, like the VF-0's had; that worked swimmingly. I would also have liked it if the canards folded down ala VF-4G. I also wish that the glare guard piece forward of the canopy were looser fitting and spring-loaded so that you could open the canopy more easily and then it would just pop itself back into place when you closed it.

Play with the VF-19S last night, got to say I like the plastic they use on the VF more, the whole thing feels more solid, joints are tight but are still smooth to move at the same time, may be it is the gloss finishing helps parts to moves more freely?

See, I weirdly have the opposite feeling. i like the YF much much more.

So I double checked my second YF-19 on the right wing it super loose and after careful inspection it looks like the rivet was pressed down so hard that it cracked the joint making it loose.... :(

I will be contacting HLJ to see if they will have any replacement parts

See, I weirdly have the opposite feeling. i like the YF much much more.

Me too. Better pilots, hi-speed mode, no ugly pointy shoulders or ankle bracelets. It overall looks like a military weapon to fight with not a super robot for kids cartoon. If the wings just had some gimmick to hold them like the old 1/48 VF-1 wings, it would be better. 1/48 swing wings never got loose. They click into place. Also no magnets on this. :( Please bring back the magnets for FAST packs like VF-11.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Me too. Better pilots, hi-speed mode, no ugly pointy shoulders or ankle bracelets. It overall looks like a military weapon to fight with not a super robot for kids cartoon. If the wings just had some gimmick to hold them like the old 1/48 VF-1 wings, it would be better. 1/48 swing wings never got loose. They click into place. Also no magnets on this. :( Please bring back the magnets for FAST packs like VF-11.

I was talking about the material used and the build quality, not the original design, which I think YF-19 looks way better than any of the VF-19.

The leg fast pack - I found only the top plug has any attachment strength, the bottom plug has almost no grab. So push the top side first and it will stay on the leg and looks ok, with attachment strength of about one Lego stud and not really secure.

Received my "b-grade" YF-19 from HLJ. This seems to be the extent of the package damage. Not bad for $100 off.

UVnnI2Al.jpg

What?!?!? that small rip $100 bucks off?!?!?

See that Amiami! That is how things are done!

That's great. Some time ago I was close to grab a Nora SV-51 at 70% off for the same reason (b-grade box)

it was more like 36 bucks off if you got the hlj blk friday pricing :rolleyes:

I nabbed the recently added and discontinued b grade yf-19 on HLJ. To be honest, I think I had a PayPal balance. Looks like it was closer to $72 usd off.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i have two in private warehouse:

blk friday was 26568yen

b-stock = 22990

difference = 3608yen which is about 36 bucks.

still a good deal