Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Can they be tightened up somehow?

yeah, they're otherwise identical to the VF-19's ankles so the same process of loosening up the ankle enough to pop the foot off the ball joint, re-gluing the plastic part of the ball joint, coating the inside of the socket in something to add friction and then putting the whole thing back together. it's a pain in the ass to do though.

basically, the VF/YF-19 ankle is a conceptually good idea that is executed in the single most obnoxiously bad way possible.

yeah, they're otherwise identical to the VF-19's ankles so the same process of loosening up the ankle enough to pop the foot off the ball joint, re-gluing the plastic part of the ball joint, coating the inside of the socket in something to add friction and then putting the whole thing back together. it's a pain in the ass to do though.

basically, the VF/YF-19 ankle is a conceptually good idea that is executed in the single most obnoxiously bad way possible.

If only I could speak Japanese, I'd directly address the issues with those ankles on their twitter/facebook/whatever without any surreptitious nonsense.

basically, the VF/YF-19 ankle is a conceptually good idea that is executed in the single most obnoxiously bad way possible.I

I have tried to take it apart, but no luck. Can someone please post a picture of how to take the ankle apart?

many thanks

I have tried to take it apart, but no luck. Can someone please post a picture of how to take the ankle apart?

many thanks

He has a good point, if you've already done it could you take a few pics for everyone else so we all know what to do to fix our $300+ ankles...

If only I could speak Japanese, I'd directly address the issues with those ankles on their twitter/facebook/whatever without any surreptitious nonsense.

Some japan customer already post this to his twitter few days ago, his answer is that he did overlooked the ankle's underlying structure, but he still had no better idea on how to improve it....

Actually it is very common for toys having loosen joints after wearing...

VF-25 ankles are awesome. Something similar could have been implemented. I am disappointed that the ankles are pretty much the same as the VF-19's.

This.

the VF-25 has conceptually the same ankles as the VF-19. they're both ball joints with an extra hing in the leg to give greater range of motion on one axis. but the VF-25 puts the hing in a direction that actually benifits gerwalk poses so you don't have to over-stress the ball joint itself.

bandai also put the screws that hold together the two halves of the metal ball socket that makes up the core of the foot much higher up so they actually apply some pressure around the ball itself which keeps the cup from splitting open if you push the joint too far. (the VF-19 has the screws way down on the extension that the feet halves attach to, nowhere near the ball socket).

Further, on the VF/YF-19 ankle, friction in the ball joint is provided by a plastic hemisphere glued to the metal ball stem. the VF-25 uses an all metal ball with symmetrical plastic inserts in either socket half which provides much more consistent friction.

finally, if and when the VF-25 ankles get loose it's an easy fix because the screws that hold the ankles together are easily accessible and not entrapped by pinned in foot pieces that are basically impossible to remove without properly sized center punches.

all the joints that people tend to complain about getting loose on the VF-25 (shoulders, ankles, hips) are super easy to get to and fix.

The right hip on my 25G is practically useless now and all of the things I've been told to do to tighten it up haven't worked. As a matter of fact I can't get the screw on it to budge.

Some photos to share. :p

I'm impressed you got such decent poses in Gerwalk but it can still stand in Battroid afterward. After posing Gerwalk the same way the ankles are impossible to pose upright in Battroid now on mine.

Still can't get the fast packs on right. First time transforming back to fighter. Not an issue.

mD5memkl.jpg

JyHoyftl.jpg

Which part of the Fast Pack are you having trouble getting on?

I'm impressed you got such decent poses in Gerwalk but it can still stand in Battroid afterward. After posing Gerwalk the same way the ankles are impossible to pose upright in Battroid now on mine.

Which part of the Fast Pack are you having trouble getting on?

The connection from the FP to the shoulder. The tab does not fit in the slot. And the leg FP's don't fit well either. I can get them on, but the slightest breeze could dislodge them. Also, I noticed the high speed hinge on my right wing is noticeably loose. If I tilt the valk forward or backward, it will swivel on its own. I know I have the hard points full, as in the pictures, but my left wing does not swivel on its own.

The connection from the FP to the shoulder. The tab does not fit in the slot. And the leg FP's don't fit well either. I can get them on, but the slightest breeze could dislodge them. Also, I noticed the high speed hinge on my right wing is noticeably loose. If I tilt the valk forward or backward, it will swivel on its own. I know I have the hard points full, as in the pictures, but my left wing does not swivel on its own.

For the shoulder you have to take the right angle and just push really hard. The leg packs, I fit the back part of the fast pack first where the largest slot it, press firmly, then move to the smaller middle fin, the the small forward fin. If you press hard it'll hold okay. Still feels flimsy but holds.

For the shoulder you have to take the right angle and just push really hard. The leg packs, I fit the back part of the fast pack first where the largest slot it, press firmly, then move to the smaller middle fin, the the small forward fin. If you press hard it'll hold okay. Still feels flimsy but holds.

I have yet to use an uncomfortable amount of force on the shoulders. Maybe I'll what till I see a vid of someone else doing it.

First transformation from fighter to battroid today. nice transformation... very solid feeling. No scary moments really. Almost completely identical to the yamato VF-19's. Fastpacks fit on without a problem in this mode. I'm liking it.

post-11393-0-39417400-1396820238_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

I have yet to use an uncomfortable amount of force on the shoulders. Maybe I'll what till I see a vid of someone else doing it.

It's pretty easy. Just place your thumb on top of the fast pack and a finger underneath the shoulder and pinch.

The right hip on my 25G is practically useless now and all of the things I've been told to do to tighten it up haven't worked. As a matter of fact I can't get the screw on it to budge.

I honestly can't think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to get that screw out.

Hi friends, I'm a long time lurker first time posting. I have this coming to me from HLJ, what's the general consensus on this figure? It would be my first valk i've never owned Yamato or Bandai I am pretty pumped for this but it seems the reviews are mixed.

I think it's a good toy.

that said, does anyone else find the wing mechanism kind of floppy when you start putting weapons on?

I really think they should have put a tab or detent of some kind in the wing glove to hold the wing in the proper swept forward position.

:edit:

also, I they needed another intermediate click in the knee extension mechanism. Right now you either have it fully collapsed or massive gaping hole in the leg. I swear the VF-19's had an extra click that let you make it a little taller without making the knee too ugly.

Edited by anime52k8

Hi everyone. First time post since 2008. In that span of time, I did have a chance on acquiring 2nd hands of Yamato 1/60 Hikaru's VF-1A and VF-1S both with bundled Super & Strike Packs. Which IMHO, the best valk ever made. :) A Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu variant. An upcoming YF-25 Prophecy on preorder. My wife and my 5-year old son. And now this newly and improved YF-19 from Arcadia. ;)

IMG_3930_zps52938018.jpg

I know that I didn't had a chance on getting the first YF-19 so I really can't compare on how great the new figure is. But seeing and reading some of your comments here and also comparing the new figure from the last 19 variant from Yamato, the 19Kai via online, I really do say that as a beginner on collecting new 1/60 valks, this is a superb toy... though a lot of you say that it's really expensive. And I do agree on that. If only they've included the Fold Booster, then maybe, maybe I can justify the price tag that came with it.

Regarding for members who had trouble with Amiami, hope it gets resolve fast. I also ordered via Amiami (my first purchase from them) and after reading the tragic posts from fellow members here, I took a video opening the brown box up to opening the valk box itself just in case. :)

Anyways, I still don't have photos to showcase my valks, though a lot of you already posted great photos, and I don't want to ruin the forum with my crappy phone cam shots. Hehehe! :D But I did however snapshot a specific area since I have question on it. For me, it's really not that hard to follow the manual photo instructions, and from what I can say it's really straight-forward. I did have more trouble transforming the YF-29 than this one. Hehehe. :D My question based on the photo below is the metal swivel thing on the crotch area. Is there an easy way on pressing the small button so I can swing the metal part easily when transforming the valk to battroid?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3937_zps99bd3f8c.jpg

By the way, after purchasing and transforming this figure for 5 times now, I really do wish they revisit again the YF-21 and release a renewal version. And maybe include the Fast Pack and Fold Booster there since YF-21 doesn't have lots of missile to showcase. But somehow keep it under $300. I will not hesitate to press the Pre-order button if that happens.

And reissue also the VF-4G in Hikaru's color scheme seen in Flashback. I think that's it. Thanks! Happy collecting guys! :)

also, I they needed another intermediate click in the knee extension mechanism. Right now you either have it fully collapsed or massive gaping hole in the leg. I swear the VF-19's had an extra click that let you make it a little taller without making the knee too ugly.

My YF-19 has 3 distinct positions for the knee (battroid/collapsed, extended/fighter, and midway). Or do you want a fourth one, that's just "slightly extended from battroid"?

My question based on the photo below is the metal swivel thing on the crotch area. Is there an easy way on pressing the small button so I can swing the metal part easily when transforming the valk to battroid?

Swing the legs 90 degrees, should give you enough room to get your fingertip in enough to press it with your nail. Works for me in both transformation directions.

Swing the legs 90 degrees, should give you enough room to get your fingertip in enough to press it with your nail. Works for me in both transformation directions.

Thanks David for the reply. Actually, I do have what my wife calls it... fat fingers. So that small room you mentioned is kinda tricky for me. Hehehe. :D What I use is a tweezer, round edge so I won't harm the plastic. But even though I use tweezer, it's really hard to push it. So I thought maybe there's a trick on how to do it. :)