Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Ok, after transforming it battroid and back, some impressions.

1) My copy is incredibly stiff, to the point where I want to put a tiny amount of lube in the die cast parts and loosen some screws

How about warming the die-cast parts with a hair dryer, do you think it can make it flexible?

My order from Big In Japan just arrived. I am shocked, because I wasn't expecting it until Monday. Tokyo to Raleigh, NC in 3 days. That's almost ridiculous. I haven't opened the YF-19 box yet (other than lifting the lid for a quick inspection, and it all looks perfect so far), but I have to say that this was extremely well packed with great care. Tissue paper, bubble wrap, brown packing paper - it was all so neatly prepared that I am greatly impressed. I think that this store has earned my repeat business. Here's hoping that once I get the 19 out of the box that it will still be immaculate.

Edited by Axelay

I received my order from amiami on Monday (no horror stories here, thank goodness). I already have the Fire Valkyrie, so this is technically my second '19. I'm equally impressed by both Yamato's and Arcadia's designs, and can see where Arcadia took the engineering in a slightly different direction. I agree with others who feel that the wing gimmick seems flimsy. I find myself wishing for two things with this bird:

• An open canopy in fighter mode. Does the nose really have to droop? Am I doing it wrong?
  • No more high-speed wing gimmick for future repaints.
Edited by technoblue

Glad you guys all got yours, well Nippon Yasan is letting me down... I paid for it right away last Friday and 6 days later, its still in Japan! EMS 5,400Y too?! The tracking still says "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" argh... I guess I'm not getting it this weekend... I didn't need it that fast anyways, I would have chosen Registed SAL, but NY didn't offer me the choice for this pre-order. Now that I paid for the "express" I was hoping to get that service!

Mine arrived today as well, from HLJ. The only packing was a single sheet of cardboard under the YF-19 box with a piece of thin cellophane stretched over it to basically keep it from sliding around. No other wrapping of any kind. While I like HLJ, their packing leaves somewhat to be desired.

My 19 was pretty tight out of the box, esp the mid-thigh clicky joints. I found one tiny red paint smear, but all other apps look pretty good so far. Bummed they didn't even tampo the Danger Intake markings; those are standard fare on a valk. Pretty damned inexscusable on a $300 collectible, IMHO. A couple issues on mine: In battroid, there's a 3mm gap between the belly plate and the landing gear doors once the nosecone is snapped into the chest. The lower edge of the belly plate sits too high, and will not flush up to the gear doors. The nosecone/belly plate angle into position perfectly prior to being snapped into the chest. I can't determine what's keeping the whole assembly from angling down further, but it looks off, and it bugs me. Also, one of my shoulder FAST packs would not attach due to the connection being a hair too wide. I filed it, and now it works. There's no click to the leg packs, at least on mine. I had to press the hell out of them to keep them from falling off. And, the right ankle ball joint already feels a little bit loose. It holds a pose, but it's noticeably looser than the left. I don't do GERWALK, so I can't say how it will fare in that position.

Overall, after handling my VF-19, which is about as perfect as one of these things can be, I'm a little let down by my YF-19, for the above reasons. It's still an awesome figure, and outshines the Yamato YF-19, but for the money, I would have expected a little better. And c'mon Arcadia, Bandai tampos the crap out of their valks. Even Transformers have more tampo printing.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Well I got mine this morning from the post office, (ordered from HLJ)..I took it to work and opened it up outside of work just to check the wings and the overall condition of the plane. One of my back rear tails was popped off but it popped right back on, everything else seems to be fine. There are some very fine scratches on the front of the canopy that don't seem to go away but I've got some scratch remover that might work on that...not a deal breaker by any means. As for the plane itself I've never been a huge fan of this color scheme and I feel that my Yamato Fire Valk and 19F just feel a bit more solid and well put together than this does. I've always been a very nervous adopter of first time Valkyrie issues and usually wait for the second or third incarnation to come along. I took a chance with this one as it is my first Arcadia purchase...not sure about keeping it or not, may put it up for sale after I've had it for a week or two. I will try transformation this weekend and see how that goes. I want to say the pilot figures are some of the best I have ever seen and the paint apps on the weapons are very good as well.

post-11393-0-87684600-1396567198_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-65928400-1396567212_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

I just unboxed mine. Should have sent...a poet...along in the box.

I haven't transformed it yet, but my initial inspection didn't reveal any problems. It feels more delicate than my VF-19P, but it's not something I meant to play with anyway. I want to transform this thing, but I'm a little scared to mess with it. I'll wait till I see a detailed video transformation guide.

So it was excess glue just like on mine. What did you use to remove it? There's glue all over the exposed part of the YF-19 in front of that "well" on mine.

Mine was just a bit of glue in the "crease" at the front of the well, but even 1mm is enough to get in the flap's way. I had to get creative to get at it----carefully positioning the head so I could get a tool in between the chin and neck-base, I used a knife-file and a very skinny sanding stick to get in from the side. Can take a pic if needed later to re-create the scenario.

Really though, sanding the underside of the front edge of the flap may be easier, depending on how much and where the glue is.

My order from Big In Japan just arrived. I am shocked, because I wasn't expecting it until Monday. Tokyo to Raleigh, NC in 3 days. That's almost ridiculous. I haven't opened the YF-19 box yet (other than lifting the lid for a quick inspection, and it all looks perfect so far), but I have to say that this was extremely well packed with great care. Tissue paper, bubble wrap, brown packing paper - it was all so neatly prepared that I am greatly impressed. I think that this store has earned my repeat business. Here's hoping that once I get the 19 out of the box that it will still be immaculate.

Didn't know you were in Raleigh Bruv.

We should trade stuff and compare collections :D

Sorry that Mommar and Kicker are having such a difficult time with Amiami. I dropped them a long time ago and switched all my orders away from them. I did try to get some of the DX valks but luckily I was not fast enough to check out lol. (tempted by the cheap price)

When Amiami treated me like crap through e-mail asking if the stripe on the VF-17D combo set was white or blue because the photos looked white. I asked if they could ask the mfg to verify that the stand alone and the combo sets were identically light blue. I stated to them if it was indeed white I would like to switch my order to the standalone VF-17D and Super parts (separates), they responded very angry. They actually would have made a bit more if I went with the separates. They also never sent Yamato an e-mail for me asking about it. I had 2x on order and decided to just let it ride and got them and they were blue.

I did not bother to e-mail them about the fact that one of the cockpit hinges was glued causing breakage because they had that stupid yellow note in the box stating they can't help if you live outside Japan.

My wife left a bit ago to pick up my package from the post office, I will report if I find anything unusual.

OK I got both of mine, HLJ shipped it in the original cases that Arcadia shipped them out in. So far from inspecting them through the box window the wings look intact. I do notice though that the 2 doors around the head do look like they may not sit flush, but I would have to touch them to be able to tell. One looks like it may have a splotch of paint or maybe a piece debris on the wing, will check it out when I get a chance to open one.

I missed delivery on my additional fold booster I got today, and my wife could not get it because the truck was back yet and I refuse to take the one off of my Max 22S.

OK I got both of mine, HLJ shipped it in the original cases that Arcadia shipped them out in. So far from inspecting them through the box window the wings look intact. I do notice though that the 2 doors around the head do look like they may not sit flush, but I would have to touch them to be able to tell. One looks like it may have a splotch of paint or maybe a piece debris on the wing, will check it out when I get a chance to open one.

I missed delivery on my additional fold booster I got today, and my wife could not get it because the truck was back yet and I refuse to take the one off of my Max 22S.

The doors around the head are likely due to sloppy gluing. Both David and I have had that problem as well.

Mine finally showed up from HLJ today. In my case, the packing was great. It came in a much bigger box (possibly because a book shipped with it), wrapped in a ton of big bubble packs. No damage at all, and everything seems to be perfectly solid. Only had about 15 minutes to check it out, but hopefully I'll have some time to play with it over the weekend.

Although not toy related, I have had one brief run in with amiami. I pre-ordered the Macross Frontier blu-ray box set from them in September last year. The price was high and didn't fall under the store's normal pre-order conditions, so I had to pay for the set up front. The short story is that release day passed me by and everyone here was posting about the set. Curious, I checked my account history and the pre-order was gone! I sent a message to amiami customer support and they replied noting that they never had a record of my purchase, even though I paid! I was lucky I kept a copy of every message and every paypal statement related to my order.

Now I stick with amazon.jp or cdjapan when buying discs.

The YF-19 was the last toy pre-order I had with them. I have been disappointed with their point system and have been moving everything to HLJ to get away from that game, myself.

I noticed that on mine as well. I haven't checked for excess glue like the others, but I did notice that the whole suroounding area in fighter mode is a little fiddly. Another member mentioned that the head could be out of alignment, and that seems to be what was causing the flaps to pop up on my YF-19. The laser was not sitting flush and that caused the head to lift ever so slightly. Once I reseated those parts, the flaps went down flush with the rest.

* and sorry about the double post *

Edited by technoblue

Sooo....I'm confused..is there supposed to be a neck cover piece to go on in fighter mode like the later Yamato 19's had? Looks like there is on page 22 of the instructions. Pic 6...But I don't see one anywhere.....

EDIT...never mind.... I found it. Dumb dark colored kitchen counters....

Edited by derex3592

I was just playing around with Gerwalk just to see if it's been improved over the VF-19. It has, you can get much more interesting/dynamic stances and it's very stable. I still believe the ankles will get weak but it's not like my VF-19S that went limp the first time I rotated the ankles backward. The downside is that the High Speed mode wing goofiness makes keeping the wings in the correct position a bit finicky.

Mine arrived today. Shipped from HLJ. No breakages to report. I decided to be brave and skip instructions, and transform.

All good for all modes.

My only negative is the FP does not stay attached that well. Also, getting it into fighter with the FP is almost as bad as the 1/60 v1

I'm hoping for a repaint in the VF-19a blue from VF-X

The doors around the head are likely due to sloppy gluing. Both David and I have had that problem as well.

Mine were not pushed all the way down. They are pretty damn flush after I put them in proper position.

Edited by Loop

FInally got home and opened it. LOVELY! Almost double the price of the Bandai VF-29, but the quality justifies the pricetag (not really haha). Hmm.. received mine from Amiami and no bubble wrap; however, box and valkyrie both in near perfect condition (nothing is perfect). Very very very very very glad I pulled the trigger on this. I now have bought two valks in two months lol.. Btw is the gunpod supposed to be army green? Mine is gray...

Amiami offered me a 1500JPY refund... $15 dollars, really? Thanks a-holes.

Oh, even better. $14 in store points!!! Thanks, crooks.

Your story scares the crap out of me. I had a nightmare that I dropped mine and it broke lol.

Keep up the pressure and warn all customers to all the stores to please check stock before shipping it out to customers. Get the stores to all work together to get a count of how many defective/damaged goods are floating around out there.

If its a high number you will save a lot of pain in future by not putting these damaged ones up for sale in your stores and it will save the stores' reputation/s.

Please don't "stay calm". You were ripped off plain and simple. Get the word out, go to forums that have collectors on them who into science fiction and anime, and ask others if they have had experiences like yours. Share information. form a group (more people = more power) that investigates it and email bomb the crap out of the sellers who sell damaged crap. Yes you might only be a small number out of hundreds of happy people but that's not the point. You want something done. If nothing is done you got to damage that seller in some way or the manufacturer (for failing to quality test) for not doing a good enough job. Standards must be raised. Saying "oh well nothing I can do" ...is not going to make you happy.

Maybe what I would suggest is buy another one from HLJ.com, (!!! I know they are expensive but hear me out first) put the non-broken one from HLJ.com in your house. Put the broken one in the box that HLJ.com sent and complain to HLJ.com that yours was sent damaged ( I know you are lying :p ) and ask them: "can I please get a refund or exchange it for 'store credit' to buy something else from your store?"

I know I know it's evil and it makes you into a bad man. Because it puts a burden on a good shop, but it might be a way to solve the problem dude.

1. buy one from hlj.com (that isn't damaged - you might get unlucky twice lol)

2. take the good yf-19 out of the box and put the busted yf-19 into the hlj.com box

3. send box back to hlj.com and tell them it arrived broken ad get refund.

4. pray this plan works so you don't have to deal with this crap in future.

5. Keep in touch with us in the boards so we know whether you succeed. If you get ripped off it is your duty to tell the story so future events like that can be avoided. These are so expensive!

If you use the above plan and you get a non-broken yf-19 and refund you will be happy. If it doesn't work, please don't track me down to kill me ok? :p I am just trying to help.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Spent a half hour trying to get the stupid FPs on in fighter. Did not succeed. They suck, I'm tired, or both. Going to bed. Feels like they could have found a better way for them to attach.....

Yeah, that was my experience as well. I got them attached and secured in a way that everything was secure (as the parts could be) and symmetrical but I was so irritated by trying that I boxed the Fast Packs up and I'll just leave Fighter Mode bare.

-b.

Am looking into possibility to get replacement wings for the two of you with broken wings. Small chance, but stay tuned.

Thanks Graham. Let me know. I still have not heard from HLJ. I'm just going to request shipping for the cases and if there are broken pieces then away it goes back to them. It would just really save them time and hassle to just check the damn thing.