Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Awesome, always wanted the YF-19 but with all the complaints of the Yamato version, thought I'd wait and see if the Arcadia was better. My VISA card is screaming! B))

Don't wait too long, they were made to order, so there shouldn't be too many of them around by now ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

I couldn't find a way to send them photos on their webpage.

try here:

e_support@amiami.com

i would also shoot them a message here as well (just do both to be safe, that's a lot of money you spent) in case asap and notify them what happened:

https://secure.amiami.com/top/quest/asp/

also post pics here so EXO can also help send them as well

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So how is this bird different from Yamato's?

Major differences are

-the lack of gullet in fighter mode from the side

-bigger gunpod

-more muscled look in robot mode which looks like the GNU or battroid mode lineart

-diecast (you'll notice it when you hold it)

-extra gimmicks like missile in leg as seen in the anime, shield opening/closing gimmick, the extra missiles that were not shown in the anime etc

-pilots are no longer chunky blobs of bird poop but people that can pose

-looks more poseable overall for battroid mode like the fire valk and vf-19S.

-everything locks in all modes. In the old days yamato only locked things in fighter mode and sometimes forgot other modes.

-high speed mode gimmick

.....and it seems like it might NOT crack in the arms or explode when you look at it wrong due to improvements in material over the years. Maybe it will break but its too early to tell yet. :p

Compared to bandai toys is it worth it?

That depends on how much disposable income you have to spare. I basically saved up for one year so I don't feel the wallet rape that bad. If I were collecting other toys I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it without sacrificing other things.

Personally I would have liked a stand similar to yamato SV-51.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Okay, here are some pics of the wing. It's completely broken across the top and bottom in slightly different spots. The only reason it's still attached is because the bottom part snaps into the top. But the top and bottom are both cracked straight through. It sure doesn't sit straight.

13590747485_f71292a1fc_o.jpg

13590758705_a414ee6ed7_o.jpg

13591146494_d0fff640a4_o.jpg

13590824843_77dc0a07a9_o.jpg

Okay, now they're too large...

Edited by Mommar

MOTHER F**KER! The wing is broken on mine!

It's just snapped right in two. Some f**king factory worker broke it and packaged it up anyway!

this is what I fear being someone not living in japan. Sucks to be you right now.

If you got it from HLJ you could probably get refund easily. And this was a made to order premium toy too.

Edit: just looked at the pics. Definitely send those pics to the place you bought from. Even if you don't get refund maybe it will cause enough panic so they have to check the stock they sell (before sending it out) in order to save their reputation. You have moral high ground here even if these are imported item that are not 'supposed' to be sold to people outside japan and therefore we can't access support.

Guest davidwhangchoi

according to their info:

If you have any questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
AmiAmi : Character and Hobby Online Store
4-21-11 Koishikawa, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 112-0002 JAPAN
Phone: +81 3 3813 5851 (Mon.-Fri. 12:00-17:00 JST, except Japanese holidays)
FAX: +81 3 5803 1632
Web site: http://www.amiami.com
E-mail: e_support@amiami.com

their phone hours are 12:00-17:00 JST

it's 8am over there, hopefully they see your message today.

Okay, here are some pics of the wing. It's completely broken across the top and bottom in slightly different spots. The only reason it's still attached is because the bottom part snaps into the top. But the top and bottom are both cracked straight through. It sure doesn't sit straight.

Jesus dude, yeah send those in. That's NUTS!

Major differences are

-the lack of gullet in fighter mode from the side

-bigger gunpod

-more muscled look in robot mode which looks like the GNU or battroid mode lineart

-diecast (you'll notice it when you hold it)

-extra gimmicks like missile in leg as seen in the anime, shield opening/closing gimmick, the extra missiles that were not shown in the anime etc

-pilots are no longer chunky blobs of bird poop but people that can pose

-looks more poseable overall for battroid mode like the fire valk and vf-19S.

-everything locks in all modes. In the old days yamato only locked things in fighter mode and sometimes forgot other modes.

-high speed mode gimmick

.....and it seems like it might NOT crack in the arms or explode when you look at it wrong due to improvements in material over the years. Maybe it will break but its too early to tell yet. :p

Compared to bandai toys is it worth it?

That depends on how much disposable income you have to spare. I basically saved up for one year so I don't feel the wallet rape that bad. If I were collecting other toys I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it without sacrificing other things.

Personally I would have liked a stand similar to yamato SV-51.

My YF-19 Anniversary Special never suffered any of the problems you mentioned. What about compared to the Yamato Fire Valk. That thing was a big improvement already. Im just concerned that spending 300 plus dollars is a bit much for transformer

This is why we should ALWAYS open up our boxes and check things when we buy them. The people that just look at the box from the outside and don't open it are runing risk of getting damaged good.

It's good policy for those of us who buy multiples of something. It is tempting to not bother to check all of them but you are putting yourself at risk.

Thanks for the pics

Yeah Ill stick with my version of the 19 valks. Paying that kinda of money for that is so so wrong, so wrong.

My YF-19 Anniversary Special never suffered any of the problems you mentioned. What about compared to the Yamato Fire Valk. That thing was a big improvement already. Im just concerned that spending 300 plus dollars is a bit much for transformer

Well normally I would say to this post: wait for reviews by others to be written up and then look at the comparisons they do between old and new, but since this is a made to order toy and you have to make decision quickly then I will just say that if you liked the fire valks and blazer valk this is the equivalanet of that for the yf-19. The improvements you saw are a big jump up.

Yes it is a lot of money to plonk down. But like I said if you saved up a little bit each month to get one you will not feel as wallet raped. I guess if you are religious you could say it is like 'fasting' (going without eating) lol

First thing am really noticing on my yf-19, the plastic Really reminds me of the original yamato 1/60 first edition, only a hair thinner... and I really wonder if this one will develop the same fractures in the plastic. I really like both versions, but I expect my vf-19s to outlast both...

I have pretty much stopped buying Bandai valks because of QC issues. I am going to hold off on anymore Arcadia valks as I am worried the vf-0D will not be any better...

End rant... It is still pretty to woosh!

They certainly didn't make this one to order...

I'm almost tempted to post these on Arcadia's twitter feed.

If you can't get it settled through Amiami, I don't see why you shouldn't. We paid a hefty price for these. It is one thing for them to break over time, but to receive it broken? Layyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyymmm.

Yamato version is like a mutant brother of the arcadia release. Not many were happy about the look in fighter mode from the side. But if you only want to look from above in fighter mode it is actually ok.

robot mode though? It's not as close to the battroid lineart which goes for a more beefy muscled look to the armor frame. One thing that stood out for me was how small the yf-19 gunpod was on the yamato.

It is a big enough difference to make buying the upgrade worth it. Some people like the slim look though so this is just my opinion. But one thing to keep in mind is that the new one is more posable in robot mode and includes the gimmicks like high speed mode so you are getting more "features" along with the improvements like better pilot detail which are posable.

Certain complaints like the chest not locking in robot mode of the old yamato yf-19 (I like to call it v1 because I don't include the 1/72 yf-19 as part of the line since they are different scale) are really inexcusable imo. That was also a problem with the Yamato VB-6 Monster too where the cannon just sat on top of the toy using gravity only, without something holding it to the rest of the toy. Having everything lock together is a big deal for me. It's the difference between the toy feeling like it was rushed and one that the maker considered what it feels like to hold in your hand. If you can grip something from the torso without it losing original form, it feels a lot better to touch and hold. You actually want to pick it up and look at it and pose it, not just stare at it. I felt like YF-19 yamato is more for just looking at like the yamato VB-6 monster. Whereas the arcadia is getting closer to what we would call a toy in terms of feel.

Yeah the non locking chest on the v1 is a huge fail of yamato's part.

This is why we should ALWAYS open up our boxes and check things when we buy them. The people that just look at the box from the outside and don't open it are runing risk of getting damaged good.

It's good policy for those of us who buy multiples of something. It is tempting to not bother to check all of them but you are putting yourself at risk.

Yeah after i got screwed with one missing chest cannon on my VF-171 alto i always open the box and look over the valk even for my duplicates.

Honestly, this thing was assembled by the laziest worker ever. None of the tabs are lined up or in. The chest portion isn't set correct. It almost looks like I have two left stabilizers. Certainly the right one does not fold over like the left one does. There's excess glue on the chest piece that is also preventing the flap next to the head from completely closing. The fit of all the panels is rough and really separated in spots. This is some of the worst QC I've seen on a Yamato/Arcadia I've personally seen.

Edited by Mommar

Honestly, this thing was assembled by the laziest worker ever. None of the tabs are lined up or in. The chest portion isn't set correct. It almost looks like I have two left stabilizers. Certainly the right one doesn't not fold over like the left one does. There's excess glue on the chest piece that is also preventing the flap next to the head from completely closing. The fit of all the panels is rough and really separated in spots. This is some of the worst QC I've seen on a Yamato/Arcadia I've personally seen.

Post it to twitter. Arcadia should make it right. I was kind of leaning towards the 1% chance that the wing broke in shipping, but if the whole thing is shoddy you should let Arcadia know. These weren't cheap.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Trust me, it didn't break in shipping. The boxes were immaculate. Unfortunately I can't speak Japanese or else I'd post a LOT of details to the Arcadia twitter feed.

Just post in English.

Honestly, this thing was assembled by the laziest worker ever. None of the tabs are lined up or in. The chest portion isn't set correct. It almost looks like I have two left stabilizers. Certainly the right one does not fold over like the left one does. There's excess glue on the chest piece that is also preventing the flap next to the head from completely closing. The fit of all the panels is rough and really separated in spots. This is some of the worst QC I've seen on a Yamato/Arcadia I've personally seen.

Make sure to post about it on as many toy forums you go to so they have to help you out quickly.

More damage to their rep = the quicker they will get on to your case and get something done about replacements or refund. Also warn people to ask the seller to please check for defects before sending out.

Especially if you have to pay for shipping to send the toy back. ie that means you still lose money. Most good business will accept responsibility and pay for the shipping too. It's quite a lot of money down the drain. Time their response (about doing something for you) and let others know how quick they are to react. It could just be you were unlucky and vast majority of buyers had no problems but it doesn't matter. Its their problem/responsibility not yours. Quality checking should be even higher standard for items made in smaller qauntity. (since getting replacements may not be a option)

Normally with mass produced stuff (like bandai vf-171) you can wait for reviews before paying and it is an educated risk. Ppeople have the ability to give feedback and experience the flaws and defects and then get the word out to others on the internet before you take the plunge. Not so easy with preorder-only items. You are the guinea pig.

Yeah pics are a must, mate. u send info to AmiAmi, start sending it to Arcadias twitter.

Get pics of EVERYTHING.

Slaginpit - mine is immaculate, as are everyone elses. Mommar had a sad anomaly. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get one.

I'm not saying u should either, but make sure you decide based on all the evidence, not just the one unlucky person.

Stop stop stop.

I'll send out a tweet for you to mr.K when I get home.

Don't panic, and don't be a tool and go around posting the "one"

Broken so far out of many.

* I posted on twitter for you. If I don't see the reply someone else will.

Edited by skullmilitia

It's easy to say don't panic. But panicking is what I would do if mine came out of the box broken.

You want these guys to sweat so they'll compensate you ASAP. Ask early adopters of the first edition xbox 360 game console. lol Within 1 year everyone had the RROD and MS claimed it was just an isolated few. The internet disagreed. People ran polls on public forums to find out how many gamers experienced the RROD problem (it was huge percentage) and something was done to fix that problem after a certain critical mass of people complained. (which resulted in a permanent fix of the problem in later editions)

But yeah I'm not saying this means to not buy a YF-19. (I don't think it is a defect just that a worker screwed up) I am happy with mine so far. Just that if it happens to you, you got to get the word out and network with others who might have had the same problem as you to get something done about it. Because businesses usually only respond when you hit them where it hurts: the pocket. That only happens if you put their rep into question and hurt future sales of thier products by highlighting what they did wrong and how they can avoid it in future. And if they don't listen to valid complaints? They deserve to fail until they fix it. How fast they fix it = more happy customers.

A simple thing like getting the seller to check for damaged goods would have saved so much time. This way you let them do all the work and use their time and resources before sending it off, instead of you having to chase them up and waste your own free time and the hassle of having to send the item back or put up with the possibility that you won't get a response because there are piles of other people to attend to before they get to you. Timing their response can let you know how much they care. After all if we are not in the country the business is from, we are at the mercy of whatever they decide to do about it and they can decide not to care since we are overseas. It's much more risky than buying transformers and finding a defect and then going to the local toy store you bought it from and asking for refund or replacement.

I would. That's inexcusable---and sure doesn't look like shipping damage. That's far more than some little tab getting bent.

I would recommend David Hingtgen check under that flap to see if there's some sloppy glue application keeping it from closing. That's what's keeping mine from sitting correct.

I think there's simply a lack of clearance around the hinge. I found that if I put the extra neck-cover piece on, I can force the flap down into place and it'll hold--and cause a very tiny stress mark/crack as well just forward of the hinge. The flap itself is simply too big. But I have to figure out how to remove it to sand it in there. I'm worried the area I need to open up, is glued, not screwed.

Given the excess glue in that same area on mine I think there's a good possibility it's glued on.

I suppose I could crack it open and see. Hell, I already have a broken one anyway.

Edited by Mommar

Well normally I would say to this post: wait for reviews by others to be written up and then look at the comparisons they do between old and new, but since this is a made to order toy and you have to make decision quickly then I will just say that if you liked the fire valks and blazer valk this is the equivalanet of that for the yf-19. The improvements you saw are a big jump up.

Yes it is a lot of money to plonk down. But like I said if you saved up a little bit each month to get one you will not feel as wallet raped. I guess if you are religious you could say it is like 'fasting' (going without eating) lol

MMmmm I still cant justify the cost. My third party transformers from the sounds of it are still better designed and have more moving parts higher tolerances and use better materials. Plus then I have my HOT TOYS which I have yet to hear of something breaking.

Yeah some made to order. Ill think Ill pass. 400 bucks for the VF-4 was already pushing it.

First thing am really noticing on my yf-19, the plastic Really reminds me of the original yamato 1/60 first edition, only a hair thinner... and I really wonder if this one will develop the same fractures in the plastic. I really like both versions, but I expect my vf-19s to outlast both...

I have pretty much stopped buying Bandai valks because of QC issues. I am going to hold off on anymore Arcadia valks as I am worried the vf-0D will not be any better...

End rant... It is still pretty to woosh!

Yeah I stick with my current number of valks. It really bugged me watching the MiniMac go on sale like that.

Obviously you should take it up with Amiami first - as the seller it is their responsibility. If the pics you are sending are too large then resize them or send links via Photobucket or similar.

Tweeting Arcadia is pointless.

And as a general rule, buy premium yoys from HLJ or Hobby Search - they will actually try to help you out. Anime Export will probably just ignore you until you charge back - just saying.

In my experience HLJ seems to be pretty reliable. I haven't dealt with many other sellers so perhaps I am being biased and there is something even better out there. But if it ain't broke...

As for the guy still deciding if it is worth the money to buy a YF-19.... stick with the TF stuff and see if the prices of these goes down a bit. If it doesn't, you don't have to worry since these are not of the standard you expected for the existing price to begin with. win-win for you.
But it IS better in quality than the old yamato for sure. Whether that means its worth the high price charged in a time when the economy is the way it is, is another story. For all we know it could have a problem nobody will see coming (like "sony timer" lol) until later and stuff breaks. But its the risk you take being an early adopter AKA guinea pig. I can only talk about my own experiences and my opinion might change in time. So far I am happy and since I saved up over long stretch of time rather than pay a lump sum I can eat the cost.

What are third party transformers BTW?

Transforming toy robot figures that closely resemble copyrighted characters that Hasbro designed, yet are not made by Hasbro/Takara. They are not KO's as they do not copy any existing toy---they are made from scratch. Just not by Hasbro. A good recent example is "Scoria". It's a transforming robot Triceratops, but is definitely NOT "Dinobot Slag". Oh no. http://www.capturedprey.com/store/fanstoys_ft04_scoria?keyword=scoria

The mounting parts are slightly different, enough to where if you want the original to work, you would need to do some work on remaking the connectors.

The overall size of the first Yang is significantly larger than the new one. I think putting the old head on the new one would make him look like an olive on a toothpick. I'm just gonna work with the back side of the old Yang. See what I can do with that.

Thanks for the answer Jason!

yeah! i stayed home just to get this package:

there's two in here:

photo_zps6f675dd7.jpg

You dirty dawg :p I wanted soooo bad to stay home for my delivery today. I really should have shipped it to work, as my wife is working now and can't hang out for my deliveries anymore. :(

My son was coming home from school and saw the mailman peel off too. :(

No dude, not that. It's snapped in two right down the middle.

Amiami are f**ks when it comes to replacements too, I believe.

Ouch man, that sucks big time. I had a critical diecast part fail on first transformation on one of my VF-4's. when I pulled the arm down during transformation I was being super gentle and next thing you know I had a arm in the other hand. I could not get it taken care of through NY as Yamato closed it's doors. :(

Are they really fragile or is it just poor QC and bad luck?

Sorry to hear that, Mommar. :(

Still waiting on mine and this stuff makes me a little more antsy.

I get antsy when I read stuff like this too, I hope it all gets taken care of for Mommar.

In my experience HLJ seems to be pretty reliable. I haven't dealt with many other sellers so perhaps I am being biased and there is something even better out there. But if it ain't broke...

As for the guy still deciding if it is worth the money to buy a YF-19.... stick with the TF stuff and see if the prices of these goes down a bit. If it doesn't, you don't have to worry since these are not of the standard you expected for the existing price to begin with. win-win for you.

But it IS better in quality than the old yamato for sure. Whether that means its worth the high price charged in a time when the economy is the way it is, is another story. For all we know it could have a problem nobody will see coming (like "sony timer" lol) until later and stuff breaks. But its the risk you take being an early adopter AKA guinea pig. I can only talk about my own experiences and my opinion might change in time. So far I am happy and since I saved up over long stretch of time rather than pay a lump sum I can eat the cost.

Third party transformers are ones made by other manufacturers, not Takara/Tommy/Hasbro.