Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I'm waiting for my copy from NY too. What was the problem with yours exactly?

Nothing, i was joking ! (although this time with the display box, any stores ought to check them if they are shipping them across the globe) It's just that it's been on preparation for 2 days !

Are the old fold booster mounting pieces not compatible with the new -19 attachment points? The different "greens" clash.....they can be painted to match I guess...

I also like the clear helmet on the old yang figure....has anyone checked to see if the old Yang fig fits into the seat of the new -19?

Press the black triangle to get it all started, drop the nose cone a bit, pull the canopy fully open, then push the nose cone back up. The black triangle will still have to remain depressed however.

Hmm.. I'll fiddle with it some more then. Thanks.

I hope they release a fold booster especially for this though. So yummy. I couldn't afford one back then as a teenager..

I would like a redesigned Fold Booster as well. I don't feel like the color or shape of the old booster really matches this new YF-19 very well.

I would like a redesigned Fold Booster as well. I don't feel like the color or shape of the old booster really matches this new YF-19 very well.

That was my first impression. The shades of green are completely different. Besides, why the would add fold booster attachments if they are not planning to re-release at less a few more?

Edited by Froy

Guest davidwhangchoi

Besides, why the would add fold booster attachments if they are not planning to re-release at less a few more?

by what i read from mr. k's comments, when he first started the project on the drawing board, he thought about including several items such as fold booster, arm weapon and pin point barrier effect but due to keeping the costs down these were decided to be left out.

from there, people asked Mr, K are you going to make a future release attachments sucj as a new fold booster etc: though he left it open, (he never says no) it looks like that open is not very much in their direct future unless something changed.

so i believe as a compromise he put in those attachments as a surprise so the old booster can be used. why is the attachments a different shade? my guess is they just used the same green for the payload and made the attachments quickly from it.

after posting this watch arcadia annouce new preorders for attachments. i will be glad to be wrong but i think i got the impression arcadia thinks it would not be profitable.

so i believe as a compromise he put in those attachments as a surprise so the old booster can be used. why is the attachments a different shade? my guess is they just used the same green for the payload and made the attachments quickly from it.

Yeah, I can see that. Would probably cost extra to mix up a batch of plastic in a new color and then that cost would be passed on to us.

We will see more variations of the YF-19, that is why I did not buy two. I expect Arcadia to lower the price by 80 dollars, not including missiles and fast packs.

totally agree. i really want the bird of prey variant.

by the sticker sheet

it would be possible to see these repaints??? :rolleyes:

I would buy the HELL out of that Blue one.

Just got mine. Not sure why the nose doesn't lock.........................................................

I am curious if something is blocking the locking mechanism. It also appears things aren't locked down further along the neck. Could something back there be out of alignment? Could somebody who has their 19 help out pipedream with pics, etc? I hope he doesn't have a problem with his.

It's actually pretty easy to misalign bits in the nose and canopy on the VF-19 series, but given the different location of the canopy hinge, I'd think that's the main culprit here.

If it's like the VF-19 otherwise, there are two large tabs under the front edge of the cockpit that lock into the lower nose portion. From previous pics, I'm pretty sure the YF-19 has them too. Check those to make sure they're free of excess plastic from the mold. Also, if the black anti-glare panel in the nose cone is designed the same way, if that's pushed down at all, you might be getting resistance from the tab that pops up on the inside wall of the nosecone when it's rotated down.

Other than that, I'd check the alignment of the canopy, and how it's installed, and make sure the gullet panel is locked in correctly. All those pieces have really tight tolerances, and anything being out of alignment can cause fit issues.

As for the supernovas.. YES. If those schemes had existed for the v.1 YF-19, they would have convinced me to buy more of that mold, but now I'm glad they never happened on that version. The Double Nuts and BoP were really just a cheap palette swap meant to mimic them, and I never appreciated how they just did a pure color replacement, dumping nonsense colors all over the thrusters and vents.

If Arcadia makes the actual schemes this time around, that's another two I will absolutely find the funds for.

Edited by Chronocidal

I think perhaps the locking mechanism was not properly align or somewhat, when I snug the nose I feel a repulsive force pushes the nose back out. I put a thin slice of twin adhesive on one of the locking stud and it seems to lock better, but it still falls off after some time.

Edited by pipedream

Check that those studs aren't misshapen, or warped at all. If they're too big, and pushing the nose away, you might need to sand them a bit to make them fit better. Don't do that until you check every possibility though.. can you post a pic showing the inside surfaces of the nose that won't meet properly? Maybe there's just a random mold flaw pushing them apart.

I had that happen on a VF-19F.. there was a tiny bit of plastic that was keeping one of the legs from seating correctly against the wing glove, and it actually made the entire plane lopsided.

Check that those studs aren't misshapen, or warped at all. If they're too big, and pushing the nose away, you might need to sand them a bit to make them fit better. Don't do that until you check every possibility though.. can you post a pic showing the inside surfaces of the nose that won't meet properly? Maybe there's just a random mold flaw pushing them apart.

I had that happen on a VF-19F.. there was a tiny bit of plastic that was keeping one of the legs from seating correctly against the wing glove, and it actually made the entire plane lopsided.

Damn, talk about tight tolerances.

So I think I have a temp fix for this.

Instead of bothering the stud/tab, I think it's more related to the stretchable part shown in the middle of the figure. I guess the original one has too little room for the nose to stretch so that it will pull the parts back after some time. So I make a bigger hole on the left side for the part to stretch better since I noticed the left part loosen up faster. Now the symptom has alleviated a bit.

I kept wondering why I always had to fix those toys every time while the price for those toys are so high?

post-12968-0-80406100-1396383539_thumb.jpg

YF-19 just got in the door!

What kind of stand is that? I desperately need a display stand for my YF-19. Flightpose stands seem like the best option but the paint transfer issues some folks have had have me scared. D:

Edited by Delta

What kind of stand is that? I desperately need a display stand for my YF-19. Flightpose stands seem like the best option but the paint transfer issues some folks have had have me scared. D:

It is a WIP stand I am modeling.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40910