Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I just got mine in from Amiami. This one came in fast! They shipped it out Saturday (the 29th their time) via EMS. I haven't opened it up yet, but here are some box pics.

The images on the top and bottom panels are exactly the same.

Boy, look at all of those box art pics with that clearly advertised, grey gunpod.

gunpod is bad-ass (more matte than the 19s IIRC, i didn't bring it out to compare)

Does the gunpod collapse for storage the same way as the 19S/F/P in fighter mode?

Edited by Mommar

ankles are still the old vf-19 design, have to be careful not to loosen them excessively

I have to wonder what the hell they were thinking. They had to have known this was a serious problem with the VF-19, yet they still kept the same flawed design while reengineering almost every single part. I'm kind of feeling a tinge of buyer's remorse, thinking I should have been patient and just waited for some of these little problems to be ironed out in a future release. I get that they are *little* problems, but for what I just paid, I expect near perfection.

Edited by Benbot

I have to wonder what the hell they were thinking. They had to have known this was a serious problem with the VF-19, yet they still kept the same flawed design while reengineering almost every single part. I'm kind of feeling a tinge of buyer's remorse, thinking I should have been patient and just waited for some of these little problems to be ironed out in a future release. I get that they are *little* problems, but for what I just paid, I expect near perfection.

This will be my first YF-19 so I'm curious, what are the issues with the ankle design?

This will be my first YF-19 so I'm curious, what are the issues with the ankle design?

On the old VF-19 releases if you pushed the ankles back too far they would forever be a floppy mess that would no longer hold either Gerwalk or Battroid. Technically this was a problem on the VF-17 as well but it's far more balanced in Gerwalk so stressing the ankles too far one direction or another wasn't really a problem. The VF, and now the YF-19, are all EXTREMELY forward heavy in Gerwalk.

Edited by Mommar

On the old VF-19 releases if you pushed the ankles back too far they would forever be a floppy mess that would no longer hold either Gerwalk or Battroid. Technically this was a problem on the VF-17 as well but it's far more balanced in Gerwalk so stressing the ankles too far one direction or another wasn't really a problem. The VF, and now the YF-19, are all EXTREMELY forward heavy in Gerwalk.

Ah, I think I understand. Any way of tightening that joint if it happens to get loose down the road? It's just a ball joint so I assume a bit of future/clear nail polish would work?

Ah, I think I understand. Any way of tightening that joint if it happens to get loose down the road? It's just a ball joint so I assume a bit of future/clear nail polish would work?

Now you know what the problem is, the easiest way to proceed is never to stress the ankles too far forward or backward, that's not actually necessary for posing the valk even in the most extreme stances.

Having said that, I don't really like the design path followed by Yamarcadia in that regard; those ankle joints make the toy look too... toyish.

post-12283-0-17061000-1396305820_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-41054400-1396305849_thumb.jpg

Well right away the wings on mine feel great. I think you need to be careful how u move them, id recommend from the base of the wing rather than the tip. But HS mode was very easy and looks nicer than i anticipated

Edited by Scream Man

Wheels are good, pilots are good. shield sits so easily and square in fighter I thought it was a Magnet at first. Gunpod sits straight, but at a slight angle so the barrel is facing down a bit. Not an issue for me, but worth mentioning. Tampo on mine is all straight and perfect,

so far so good. FP attachment first, then I'll try to transform

Wheels are good, pilots are good. shield sits so easily and square in fighter I thought it was a Magnet at first. Gunpod sits straight, but at a slight angle so the barrel is facing down a bit. Not an issue for me, but worth mentioning. Tampo on mine is all straight and perfect,

so far so good. FP attachment first, then I'll try to transform

The angled gunpod is a design flaw. All of the VF-19's have it too.

Guest davidwhangchoi

So has anyone who has ordered the 19 from Big In Japan heard anything from them yet?

yeah i already posted a page back they shipped my two.

So the leg FP's do feel loose at first, but they DO stay attached. They arent coming off in my hand or anything, theres just no 'click' feeling when u attach them. Shoulder armor needs to be really pressed in, but once its on its staying on, which is cool. I also left them on for transform to GERWALk and nothing fell off.

BUT the gunpod sits a little to loose in the hand for my money. Its not BAD, She can hold it OK. But its a little looser than id like.

Battroid:

Back is fine, no hassles. If u have transformed a 19 before u will have no troubles with this. the dude on 2Chan either screwed up or messed up, because mine was perfect. The FPs kinda came off in Transform, but thats about it. The little buttons to swing up the hip bars are tiny, so that was sort of a pain,but it only took a minute. All in all, a great batrroid mode, i love it

Now you know what the problem is, the easiest way to proceed is never to stress the ankles too far forward or backward, that's not actually necessary for posing the valk even in the most extreme stances.

Having said that, I don't really like the design path followed by Yamarcadia in that regard; those ankle joints make the toy look too... toyish.

attachicon.gif170920112187.jpg attachicon.gifVF-19KAI_7.JPG

All it would have taken was a small block at the base of the joint that could fold forward and back just like on the Bandai Valks. The Ankles would be perfect then.

Btw, must point out that high speed mode does work with the fast packs attached. Tried it out. Only one peg doesnt clip in which is hardlt noticeable really as it looks good overall still.

Just be slightly careful while doing it.

Lucky, I probably won't get mine until Friday. Gonna be a long week of anticipation. Funny, Thursday's my wife's birthday, but I'm getting the better present. :p:lol:

Arrived today. Apologies for the phone quality pics. <_<

Ah, so the Bandai packs officially fit? What about the shoulder parts? Can the shoulder missile parts peg into the holes on the shoulders of the YF-19 as well?

I was totally planning on trying this with my Bandai parts when mine came in (albeit with the RVF Packs because that's all I own.) I was thinking, looking at the screens from the movie, that the 25A parts would be a pretty close match for the 19.

That's also way cooler looking then the actual animation imo.

Man, going back and looking at that again it is WAY WAY cooler looking then I thought it would ever be. I almost want a second YF-19 so I can keep one clean and another with the Frontier packs.

Edited by Mommar

Drat.. that might convince me to get a set of the VF-25A packs when they hit. I picked up a spare set of RVF packs with the intention of repainting/re-engineering the ghosts into Galaxy style ones, and a Ghost X-9, but the tan might be a nice match for the Isamu version.

Are they actually solidly attached, or just kind of sitting in place while the plane is level?

Edited by Chronocidal

Drat.. that might convince me to get a set of the VF-25A packs when they hit. I picked up a spare set of RVF packs with the intention of repainting/re-engineering the ghosts into Galaxy style ones, and a Ghost X-9, but the tan might be a nice match for the Isamu version.

Are they actually solidly attached, or just kind of sitting in place while the plane is level?

That's what I'm waiting to hear about. And there's also the issue of the shoulder parts as well.

Ah, so the Bandai packs officially fit? What about the shoulder parts? Can the shoulder missile parts peg into the holes on the shoulders of the YF-19 as well?

I half expect there is a way, but I couldn't figure it out. :( The Alto packs I tried were the wrong shape.

Maybe some one else has some ideas before resorting to Shapeways... :unsure:

The wings are extended beyond their normal limit via the diecast swing-arm, and the Frontier packs are held in place by that swing-arm and sit on the sides as securely as the other super part pieces. They hold, but I wouldn't say they are secure.