Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Woohoo!!! That gives me hope. Thanks EXO. Please if someone can actually confirm this, it would make my day! I'll probably find out next week, but its so nice, I haven't been so excited about a new toy in ages...

I wouldn't raise hope high for this..

AmiAmi Japanese site says 'マーキングステッカー' (sticker)

It looks like left side is new sticker decal and right side is old manual and decal. It's just old/new comparison shot..

But again, I don't have mine yet, so let's wait and see next week!

Edited by kyekye

on the toysdaily review the chinese caption says waterslide decal...and that the decal sheet on the new release is bigger than old one. hope it's correct.

I wouldn't raise hope high for this..

AmiAmi Japanese site says 'マーキングステッカー' (sticker)

It looks like left side is new sticker decal and right side is old manual and decal. It's just old/new comparison shot..

But again, I don't have mine yet, so let's wait and see next week!

I guess it's been a while since the last time you made a purchase on Yamato/Arcadia toys, they have been doing that for many release before.

Huh? Which? I only have the VF-1s so I can't really tell.

Just saw that the VF-19 had those underneath the wings as well after googling. My bad.

Didn't somebody on this messageboard rub the marking off of their VF-4?

It's a bit odd, I guess they just print it in black and don't think about how it works. The VF-19S and F both have it in black but on the blue you can barely see it. The VF-17S and D both have it in black and it's practically invisible being black on black. The VF-19P and VF-4G it sticks out like a sore thumb because it's black on a very light color. Why not print it in the same color a shade lighter then the surface it will be applied to? That way it's there but hardly shows up at all.

Eh, I don't think it's that drastic.

Obviously the new one is much better, but I still think the old one looks pretty good - which is why I still haven't decided whether or not to order one of the new ones yet.

I was engaging in a bit hyperbole. I own a Yamato YF-19 with Fold Booster and never thought it looked that bad, but it never looked right either... the conspicuous gullet and arched-back look, made visually worse because of the gullet, made it the least satisfying of all of Yamato's post Zero releases. I'm sure Arcadia's version will prove to have its share of quirks and WTFs; but in comparison, it far outshines its predecessor... much like original 1/60 19 trounced the 1/72.

I was engaging in a bit hyperbole. I own a Yamato YF-19 with Fold Booster and never thought it looked that bad, but it never looked right either... the conspicuous gullet and arched-back look, made visually worse because of the gullet, made it the least satisfying of all of Yamato's post Zero releases. I'm sure Arcadia's version will prove to have its share of quirks and WTFs; but in comparison, it far outshines its predecessor... much like original 1/60 19 trounced the 1/72.

QFT

-b.

main motivator for me if I were to buy this release would be the fighter mode looks, specifically the neck/gullet + ammunitions.

But looking from the top, the two don't really show much differences, which is how I'm displaying my 19 in fighter now.

Maybe in a month or so, after ogling at the pictures posted here I'd get the itch to get two, one in fighter and another in battroid.

In those photos the new 19 looks pretty damn good next to the 11B and 21.

Also, I can't wait for some of our other members to get theirs so they'll take some decent pictures from different, dynamic angles instead of all of these useless 2/3 top-down pics we keep getting.

Edited by Mommar

It looks like Arcadia got a bit lazy on the little booster/thrust bell nozzles on the leg super parts. On the old one they painted them silver. Not really a big deal, but they looked better with the silver paint applied.

Overall though this thing is leaps and bounds above the old 19 especially in battroid mode.

Finally pull the trigger and I put in the order at hlj.....ny, ami, ae, cdj, hs all oos! Worried that first run is drying up (or all in scalpetsllrs hands) if it is indeed so popular that it warrants a second run, when will it happen you guys think?

Edited by yman1437

I think my one gripe about this design is that I think they could have sacrificed a bit of the battroid stubbyness, and made the lower legs longer to cover more of the knee joint in fighter. The covers don't look terrible from the bottom, but the knee joint stands out pretty strongly from the side.

Not bad by any means, but since the design of the knee is a little different than the VF-19's, the joint isn't hidden as well.

I actually think the old Yamato holds up better in fighter than in battroid, compared with the new one. The only thing really different about the side profile is the dropped nose (which was most of the problem to begin with), and the top profile hasn't changed much at all. The lower legs do look a good deal shorter though, which really helps the battroid.

It wouldn't surprise me if they leave out Yang and the extra seat for later releases, but depending on the version they do, it wouldn't surprise me if they stripped some of the extras out, like the fast packs or missiles, especially if that cut the cost by a few hundred yen.

I'm still personally begging for a full Supernova scheme, both orange and blue, and you could actually do some test-specific add-ons, like the spin chute pack mounted on the shield for the orange scheme, or maybe some camera/sensor pods for under the wings.

Edited by Chronocidal

Yeah I prefer the Made In China print over recessed lettering... Should be easy to remove if it's on bare plastic.

on the toysdaily review the chinese caption says waterslide decal...and that the decal sheet on the new release is bigger than old one. hope it's correct.

sounding better and better!

I'm at the "This order is currently being double-checked before final packing" stage.

Anyways----that comparison pic with the v1 and Kai shows the new one is a lighter color, less sand/tan than the old one. I think it may match the plastic that the Hasegawa 1/72 kit is molded in?

The "made in China" printing WILL be coming off of mine, even if I have to sand it off. I have no qualms about being the first one to experiment with rubbing alcohol etc---I'll do it the first day I have it, and report back, if no one else has by them.