Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Thank you everyone. For some reason my mind had created the opinion that the Yamatos were slightly chunkier in design compared to Bandai DX line. I'm sorry for going slightly off topic but is there a thread on here that best describes the various Yamato models (scale,design, etc)?

I think because the VF-25 and YF-29 are very slender robots that make the Yamato's look chunkier. As far as looking at Yamato's this thread has a lot of great pictures of all the Yamato Macross lines http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35121

The YF-19 continues Arcadias good Yamato engineering

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

This is awesome! For a moment I was thinking this might be my crown jewel Valkyrie and I may never buy another one again! Who am I kidding it will be my crown jewel Valkyrie for the month.

So true brother!

Thank you everyone. For some reason my mind had created the opinion that the Yamatos were slightly chunkier in design compared to Bandai DX line. I'm sorry for going slightly off topic but is there a thread on here that best describes the various Yamato models (scale,design, etc)?

To me personally, I always felt like the Yamato valks had a more model like quality to them. The DX line seems a bit more toy like I guess. I like both lines though and have been collecting them like mad. I just have to have examples from all of the Macross series.

There's really no comparison. Bandai exclusively makes Macross Frontier toys. The Mac F Valks are significantly skinnier then other Macross Valks anything else produced would look "chunkier" however they don't have VF-1's/4's/11's/17's/19's/21's so it's a non-issue. The Bandai Valks are made of a very shiny material which a few really like but most feel looks very cheap/toy-like. The Yamato/Arcadia Valks are all matte and look more like models, which I personally prefer.

In that case it's only been true since the v.2, VF-11, VF-19 Kai and VF-4, maybe the destroids. And I think the response has been good from there aside from exploding shoulders. Have there been other issues?

So far Arcadia has only produced VF-1's, and in that instance they're EXACTLY the same quality as the Yamato V2's.

For my money, I'm an Arcadia/Yamato man but I have tons of Bandais (just as many, in fact). I feel Arcadia/Yamato just respects the license more so I like them more. Whether that's true or not (maybe it's all in my head) is up for debate but that's how I feel.

Guest davidwhangchoi

For my money, I'm an Arcadia/Yamato man but I have tons of Bandais (just as many, in fact). I feel Arcadia/Yamato just respects the license more so I like them more. Whether that's true or not (maybe it's all in my head) is up for debate but that's how I feel.

+1

Thank you everyone. For some reason my mind had created the opinion that the Yamatos were slightly chunkier in design compared to Bandai DX line.

That is mainly due to the valks themselves being skinnier lately (as Bandai DX only makes the most recent designs, and none of the 80's/90's ones). The -19 family has about the bulkiest/roundest legs of them all. The VF-1 is blocky. The VF-25 is skinny. The Sv-51 is just plain big.

That's all because that's how Kawamori designed them for the anime in the first place.

To be fair though, the Bandai 1/72 transforming VF-1 is a bit skinnier than the Yamato/Arcadia design in some ways. I know some bits feel mostly the same, but the arms are definitely tiny compared to the Yamcadias, and the lower legs feel skinnier as well (this even despite the collapsing panel on the inner side that should allow the arms to be bigger).

Edited by Chronocidal

Old Yamato yf-19 was definitely skinny compared to new arcadia one.

What happened was that at about the time of fire valk, they decided to focus on robot mode more and make it more lineart accurate to bot mode since basara spent lots of time singing in it. People liked the chunky look, and now they are giving us chunkier yf-19 in response to vf-19 from macross 7 being chunky in the latest toys.

Overall the vf-19 seems a lot chunkier in general in fighter mode anyway compared to yf-19.

But that doesn't mean yamato/arcadia couldn't go back to the skinny look again. Personally I thought the yf-21 suffered in bot mode last time by having too-skinny legs. But it look nice in fighter mode. Given that the skin could shapechange a bit in the macross plus anime, (at the very start when guld is testing the fighter and moving the wings) maybe there is some explanation for that. (ie maybe there is like flexible "robot-muscles" as we see in Bubblegum crisis and the Voomers)

When you flap the wings down or up on yf-21 toy it leaves a little gap where the swivel joint is. But in the anime there is smooth skin on it.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah i saw it during the outage. getting close. but the kite on the wing looks crooked from that angle

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah i saw it during the outage. getting close. but the kite on the wing looks crooked from that angle

That's what I thought too.. It seems like the wings can't sweep forward enough.

Edited by Falcon18

Guest davidwhangchoi

to be fair the missiles look crooked as well (aligned to the kite) so it could be just it wasn't displayed properly

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Oh no dont tell me you guys are going to cancel your PO's after it ships? :p

i -think- that the wings can still be swept forward, since there's like two hinges on it. Yea david's right, the missiles are aligned to the kite

Edited by close313

Guest davidwhangchoi

if you look at the other wing (farthest from you in the photo), at the base of the wing connecting to the body, the rear part of the wing close to the body is evenly horizontal. based on this, the wing with the kite is definitely crooked and not totally swept forward.

Oh no dont tell me you guys are going to cancel your PO's after it ships? :p

i -think- that the wings can still be swept forward, since there's like two hinges on it. Yea david's right, the missiles are aligned to the kite

Nahhh. Not gonna let something like that prevent me from getting this beauty. Too pretty to not have your hands on it :p

Ah... Seems so. Let's hope it really isn't swept fully then. Eitherway, coming in a few days time. Wooo

That's such a common occurence from pics, that it makes me think there's no notch/lock at all for the "normal" wing position---which is so annoying, since the earlier VF-1's had it, but pretty much everything after the 1/48's don't. It seems that just looking at it wrong will bump the wing back to some odd "almost but not quite correct" angle.

That's such a common occurence from pics, that it makes me think there's no notch/lock at all for the "normal" wing position---which is so annoying, since the earlier VF-1's had it, but pretty much everything after the 1/48's don't. It seems that just looking at it wrong will bump the wing back to some odd "almost but not quite correct" angle.

I have a feeling you are right about this :(

Hopefully the wings can lock, although I tend to agree with the rest of you in that it's lookin' like they won't. If that's the case, hopefully they'll have enough of a friction point to keep them in position otherwise. I'd hate to see a beautiful looking valk spoiled by floppy wing syndrome.

It is looking like that's the case. If so it's a dumb oversight by Arcadia.

if you look at the other wing (farthest from you in the photo), at the base of the wing connecting to the body, the rear part of the wing close to the body is evenly horizontal. based on this, the wing with the kite is definitely crooked and not totally swept forward.

I was actually thinking that the wing is still swept back abit as the back part of the wing seems to be still dug inside the base, compared to the prototype photos.So I thought it could be swung forward a tad more. Unless they did trim the back part of the wing and that would actually suck.

19.jpg

My money already got spent months ago when I preordered with Big In Japan. I've never dealt with them before, so you have no idea how nervous/anxious I am to have this finally arrive in my hands. If they do me right, then I will forever sing their praises. We're getting down to the home stretch now, so I'll find out soon enough...

My money already got spent months ago when I preordered with Big In Japan. I've never dealt with them before, so you have no idea how nervous/anxious I am to have this finally arrive in my hands. If they do me right, then I will forever sing their praises. We're getting down to the home stretch now, so I'll find out soon enough...

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I'm a little anxious too, but it seems others have had no issues with them, so I'm looking forward to receiving mine soon.

I'm still contemplating letting go of my 2nd order with HLJ at their black friday price. Recently acquired a spare Yamato Ingram and it's gonna take a huge chunk outta my wallet

Can't wait for this, I had to make sure my settings at HLJ were set to ship immediately. :) I love the Paypal merchant agreement too, that way I don't have to actively look out for payment notice.

Does anyone remember if these were made to order or mass general release? I got 2x coming but am unsure if I am just being paranoid.

Edited by Loop